when your rival wins nearly 90% of games

Liverpool do seem to be a bit of a force this year, and rightly so to be fair. 

That being said, I'd rather have to fight for the title every year then having it wrapped up by Christmas, which I've managed several times on older versions.

Exact same in my save right now - lost the league last year due to GD; had an amazing run, slight slip towards the end and hadn't realised Utd were breathing down my neck with an even better run (they dropped 4 points from their last 22 league games);

image.thumb.png.f55e8e1f8a37a618465fcd6c9a3950ed.png

This season it's City coming after me - their only loss was to me (and I robbed them blind too);

image.thumb.png.e2fdb21411f16a69a8e6ed011aacca70.png

Bit of an odd one in that is it really a problem? if I can have a run like that, then why shouldn't the AI? Also solves the problem of it being too easy etc - difference is on a new save it's hard because there are 5-6 really good teams, now (2027 so one year after OP) it feels like there's 2-3 teams and it's whoever drops points that drops out of the race...

For years we've complained about the AI squad building being too poor - seems a bit better this year as longer term it seems like a few teams have sorted that, but it's a tough ask needing 95-105 points every season to win the league...?

Demotivating yes, but this is what it is like at the top of the league. You cannot make any errors or you will be punished. I prefer this a little bit more than walking the league because nobody can keep up. My last league title after taking over Molde was like that. I did not play spectacularly, I was just consistently good at not losing games (I did draw a lot). Any consistent side should have challenged or beat me, but I ended up winning the league with 5 games to spare. It was quite dull at the end, I won without ever playing very well.

I find this kind of thing quite promising. The AI is achieving exactly the same level of results as you are, which is a positive thing. Being able to consistently do this over a number of seasons is also nice to see.

• SI Staff

All you can really do is try to be more consistent than they are! I agree with other posters, it's good to see that you're being given a real challenge over a number of seasons.

Maybe you could try some mind games with the media to try and unsettle them?

oh boy mind games do not work against Klopp haha. Everytime I try to play mind games with them, they become even more determined and win their games 5-0. 

i agree with what all of you are saying though, i need to somehow try to get that extra 5% consistency from my squad aka not to gift away points in away games against weaker teams. 

Archived