Match preparation

A simple question really, does match preparation stack? as in, if I schedule two defensive shape training sessions, do the effects on the upcoming match stack?

my team is getting butchered on corners, and I wonder if scheduling two sessions for defending corners will do any good.

Not sure by what you mean by 'stack'?

But yes, the more you train something the better your team will become. You might not see a huge difference in the first game after the first training sessions, but long-term improvement will definitely happen.

One or two sessions will improve by y-amount. But after ten sessions the improvement will be y x 2

My first instinct is to think "yes it would" because it's not much different than allocating more time to Match Preparation in previous versions.

So if I did 3 "Attacking Corners" I'd see a bigger improvement to corners in my next Upcoming Match than I would if I only see one. But I suspect there's still limits depending on your team and diminishing returns. Would you be able to chime in @Seb Wassell (apologies for tagging you in here)

Em 24/11/2018 em 19:16, Bogsbinn disse:

A simple question really, does match preparation stack? as in, if I schedule two defensive shape training sessions, do the effects on the upcoming match stack?

my team is getting butchered on corners, and I wonder if scheduling two sessions for defending corners will do any good.

All the training preceding a match “stacks”

if I only train defensive corners a week before a game, my team only prepared that game to defend corners

same with other training, if I train the whole week to attack the wings, my match preparation was only to attack the wings, but be careful, a good match preparation needs a focus (defense, attack, possession, etc) and the focus need variety (attack wings, attack organization, etc)

• SI Staff
6 hours ago, alanschu14 said:

My first instinct is to think "yes it would" because it's not much different than allocating more time to Match Preparation in previous versions.

So if I did 3 "Attacking Corners" I'd see a bigger improvement to corners in my next Upcoming Match than I would if I only see one. But I suspect there's still limits depending on your team and diminishing returns. Would you be able to chime in @Seb Wassell (apologies for tagging you in here)

Tag away :)

The same piece of match prep. does not multiply but you can "stack" as many different ones as you have time for ahead of the next match.

14 hours ago, phnompenhandy said:

As a part-time team I only have 2 training sessions per week. I focus on team work and tactics. As well as preparing for the upcoming match, do these also work on long term improvements to attributes?

Each of those does mention an attribute improvement in addition to the "Upcoming Match" bonus.

I know Team Work (I use it a lot because of Team Cohesion) only works on the Teamwork attribute though. And I believe the Upcoming Match bonus is for Pressing.

The Match Tactics one I don't think has any upcoming match improvement, but I know it has wider attribute work. I think it might be "Individual Roles."  And it has wide breadth of tactical familiarity as well.

• 2 months later...

Archived