Dynamic formations

Fabbio

Year after year, the formation in a team tactic is always less relevant in real life football as coaches prefer to have 2 different formations for the different phases of play. And i think it's nearly impossible to replicate, ie, allegri's juve without the chance to pass from a 442 out of possession to a 433 on possession. It would be a great change for the game as well. This, for now is only possible for a few roles in game (the half back maybe with some roles). Will se ever see something like this in fm?

Yes, it's a necessary feature. The announced "revamp" of the tactical system it was nothing other than a new distribution of the same options in a new skin. It wasn't a big change in the tactical system. Actually, there was no change.

Well, actually i like the changes they made... Now at least i feel like the principles used to make my tactics are the same used in real life... But yes, without giving the opportunity to let the user choose where the players should stay i feel i'm missing something

5 minutes ago, Fabbio said:

Well, actually i like the changes they made... Now at least i feel like the principles used to make my tactics are the same used in real life... But yes, without giving the opportunity to let the user choose where the players should stay i feel i'm missing something

Currently, your Roles and especially Duties will determine what your formation looks like in attack. :thup:

Yes, but i don't think the ME takes a wide midfielder as a wide forward if i just say to go forward when in possession. Moreover, there are a lot of changes i would do to my team for every phase of play (and are actually made in real football) that are not possible here.

1 hour ago, HUNT3R said:

Currently, your Roles and especially Duties will determine what your formation looks like in attack. :thup:

It would help a lot if SI provided an image with arrows (like those for pressing) to reflect the roles and duties in attack, as requests like this for a more visual illustration of what the formation does are common 

3 hours ago, Fabbio said:

Yes, but i don't think the ME takes a wide midfielder as a wide forward if i just say to go forward when in possession. Moreover, there are a lot of changes i would do to my team for every phase of play (and are actually made in real football) that are not possible here.

& positional play,we can't make it work.

“Don’t mark a player; cover the space between two players. The opponent thinks he’s unmarked, making pressing easier.” Pep Guardiola

we didn't have a option to tell player "cover the space between two players".

18 hours ago, enigmatic said:

It would help a lot if SI provided an image with arrows (like those for pressing) to reflect the roles and duties in attack, as requests like this for a more visual illustration of what the formation does are common 

Some sort of visual effect would be nice, yes. Maybe a wib-wob type screen that's view only.

I was thinking of something simpler, but I actually think view only WIBL WOBL would be superb at illustrating what the roles, instructions and combination with mentality are supposed to do (and because it's view only, you can do things like draw multiple arrows to illustrate positions which have freedom to make runs into two or three different areas and runs players make on and off the ball). Especially useful for making non-obvious choices like WB(S) and a FB(A) set to run wide where the text doesn't really give you that much clue what if any difference in behaviour can be expected. Only downside is that player behaviour should and will look very different in transition

Might also be useful as a diagnostic tool so that people know whether their striker not making certain runs is because he's lazy and naturally a winger or the role he's been given wants him deeper, and whether stuff like a libero hitting an invisible "wall" and stopping his off the ball run or centre backs not splitting for the half back are current generation match engine weirdness or how SI believes that role is supposed to play under a given mentality.

Wib-wob, even as view only won't be simple to add. In the case of a Support Duty striker, for instance, they still make forward runs, though less often than Attack Duties. Do you show default position on the wib-wob? Because it'll look wrong/different if your striker bursts forward in match. So there are a few design issues and choices to be made. Struggling to think of anything simpler though.

• 1 month later...

Archived