Starting a new save with Milan; what changes should I make?

Hi all,

I'm starting a new save with Milan and have come up with this tactic which I think is the strongest for the existing squad. The team instructions are as listed on the side. The ain philosophy is quick attacking football which comes from the flanks (either from wing-backs or inside forwards).

Do you guys have any tips for changes you would make?

20181117202559_1.jpg

• 1 month later...
On 17/11/2018 at 21:35, B-Mindset said:

Hi all,

I'm starting a new save with Milan and have come up with this tactic which I think is the strongest for the existing squad. The team instructions are as listed on the side. The ain philosophy is quick attacking football which comes from the flanks (either from wing-backs or inside forwards).

Do you guys have any tips for changes you would make?

20181117202559_1.jpg

Each of us has their own preference(s) when it comes to tactics, so take my post just as one of many possible ideas on what you could do to improve your tactical setup.

First, if I used a formation with the maximum number of wide players (4), I certainly wouldn't narrow the attacking width (though in this case I wouldn't widen it either). To the contrary, I would look to utilize the "natural" width offered to me in the best possible way.

Second, I would avoid using any either "fancy" (such as be more expressive or pass into space) or extreme instructions (much higher/higher DL and/or LOE, high tempo etc.) until I have got a clear picture of how my team is playing by watching them on the pitch. So my starting team instructions would be very simple and basic, with variations depending on what style of football I'm looking to achieve (swift counter-attacking or patient build-up through a lot of possession or maybe fast and direct attacking football etc.). What I would always use though is the Counter in transition.

Third - on roles and duties. Unlike you, I wouldn't risk having both wide players on the same flank on attack duty. Using more than one CB as BPD is also something I tend to avoid (in fact, I rarely use even one, but that's of course a matter of personal preference). And even if I wanted one of the 3 CBs to be more active on the ball, I'd rather opt for a libero. Finally, diversity in attack is something I always look to achieve as much as possible (based on what type of players I have). So my "favorite" setup with your 541WB Wide system would be this:

PFsu

APMsu                                            IFatt

CMde      DLPsu/BtBM

WBatt                                    WBsu/IWBde

CDco      CDst      CDco

SKsu

So if I was to use an attacking wing-back on the left (like you do), I'd look to create a natural overlap by using the least attack-minded role in the AML position, which is APM on support. On the opposite flank, the IF on attack would serve as a quasi "second striker" running onto killer passes from either supporting teammates behind him (DLPsu/BtBM or WBsu) or the APM on the left wing, and would also be there (along with the PF) for the "late" crosses from the attacking left WB (but occasionally also from the APM). And this would be my setup if I played a more patient possession-based football (which is not my cup of tea btw, as I prefer a more direct counter-attacking style).

I like general setup. I’d prolly slot my less aggressive center back (CD defend) behind my more exposed wing back and either try the CM in support or drop the striker into the role of F9 it DLF. Service in this setup may be a bit inconsistent. 

Personally i would sell all players that contract expires within a year such as Abate, Montolivo, Mauri etc.

Buy Tonali, Almiron, they are probably the two cheapest good players now.

At Winter, i sell Hakan for 45m, R Rodriguez for 50M, Mussachio for 30m and Conti for 30m

Then you have a lot of cash to spend on the market.

Remember don't leave a lot of money to the end of the season. If you leave a lot of money to that time the board wont give you too much. If you spend them all the board will give you another 70m.

Archived