5131 Counterpress - Very Attacking mentality

This is a very solid defense combined with an insane counter-attack system. Quite unorthodox but works wonders. I'm Wolves in the 2nd season.

4cfed55c357013d136f2dc1442ed6fa7.png

71d4e3d9052360ed417a2fac9bfd0b98.png

b7aa30e3cb09a6d1f31f0995fb815dd1.png

36fb9a0dc455e83d462ead8f28c42199.png

It always sits 9 players + the GK behind the ball. Designed around fast, direct counter attacks it keeps you defensively solid and blistering in attack.  It regularly has me beating highly defensive sides by 2/3 goals as at some point they will get comfortable and try to push on a little. The six players set to attack will then press hard, win back possession and pounce. If they win the ball back you're incredibly compact and pack the box with numbers they can't get through.

'38d4ec78b2b8151da8a8b01be027ad3f.png

0358b2e31a2d6850dc45f4609005ac7a.png

Two of the three defeats are due to playing youngsters (Reading/Bournemouth) and the PSG defeat is down to, well, CL semi-final away mentalness. Most of my drawers are due to shocking SC finishing (Werner went on a 9 game, zero goal patch).

96f68221c309189f9f07597d0005e2cc.png

Lower scoring, but defensively very sound. We were predicted to come 7th. Two of the three defeats were before I started using it Early November 2019. You need athletic Mezzalas and CWBs, and the striker needs to be quick.

No added player instructions, no opposition instructions used, and training can be left to the assistant but personally I tailor mine every week.

5131sirjur.fmf

10 minutes ago, zlatanera said:

What's the intensity of that system? It looks like it must be in the red zone.

Its high intensity. I don't get many in match injuries, and I give at least two recovery sessions between matches. Here's the full system plus my starting 11 after pre-season 20/21 (Fernandes, Paqueta and Strakosha are new signings):

16b9110872bfcd2231238322f596d82f.png

As an example of squad size, I have 6 CBs, five CWBs - one of those a regen youth, 8 midfielders - one regen youth and 2 SCs with a couple in the reserves who could step up short term

2 minutes ago, zlatanera said:

Yeah that bright red bar would make me feel queasy. It take it when you're playing Saturday-Tuesday-Saturday or similar your training is mostly Rest or Recovery then?

Yeah pretty much. It works really well, but you need to rotate the CMs and CWBs fairly often. An example of training, pre-season at the moment. Its a little bit more intense due to fitness levels, 0 injuries:

5825e66ef91adfd03ef2434bc86c80d3.png

An example of when you break on the counter:

8701da975ed6aefbdfe726de00b58d24.jpg

Hjort is my regen CWB. You have the solid back line of three and the DM there to track back, but your MCs swarm forward and the CWB right side cuts into the box. The AI struggle to handle the pressure. This move led to Werner in space and a simple tap in.

24a838f9afd277f2815b9da0b1331906.jpg

Franco claimed the ball off their SC, and then passed it to Fry at CB left, who then swept it out to my CWB left to bomb forward. With CB - Cover on my left and right CBs they clean up the channels or put pressure on wingers allowing the CWBs to get back. A lot of the time they tackle the ball into touch allowing us to regroup.

Defensive shape:

6736baadb5b5c7d89395c5f45ab36496.jpg

The CWBs cover back to form a back five while the DM and the three MCs harry the opposition. Balls over the top aren't of any use to the opposition as we mop them up for fun (with the added SK - Attack duty) and trying to pass forward isn't an option due to a congested middle. If they go wide an MC and one of my CWBs come out to meet them. My DM broke up this move, and 15 seconds later we win a corner with this set-up:

212f0ef72c957ac7163f5c7f524a209d.jpg

8 hours ago, hm86 said:

Is this for the latest patch? Need something to make my Rangers side more consistent.

Works on every patch and for every level of football. FMBase/FMKorea and others I've had try it all love it.

Taken from a lower league test by someone on Mr L's Discord:

unknown.png?width=1040&height=588

unknown.png?width=1040&height=588

Just want to take a moment and congratulate on a great tactic, that i have won everything with the two strikers options - STCL is Pf and STCR being advanced forward. superb counter attacking system and pretty much plug and play once you put round pegs in round holes. 

Spoiler

Spoiler

21 hours ago, harrycarrie said:

Works on every patch and for every level of football. FMBase/FMKorea and others I've had try it all love it.

Thanks a lot for the response, defo going to give this a shot. 

42 minutes ago, ruudvanwarren said:

Harrycarrie...just posted in Knaps thread regarding using this at home & his away & it appears to be the most stable way of playing the game on the current 19.1.5 ME. Cheers for ur efforts bro.

Cheers mate, feedback is much appreciated and glad its working out for you!

29 minutes ago, hm86 said:

I still seem to inconsistent with Rangers, would you recommend I change the mentality to Balanced or Positive, to stop lesser teams catching me on the counter? 

You can do if you wish, it started as a Balanced mentality tactic and worked well, will just be less attacking

3322 Formation - just won everything with Liverpool over first two seasons with very little tweaks. STR(L) is presssing forward attack and STR(R) is advanced forward, ensure both are very quick as will break over the top for a clear one on one or be able to cross for the opposite striker / MEZ / CWB so try and ensure that the left striker is left footed and the right right footed, think Salah and Mane. 

I rarely change anything even when a goal or two down. If i do its both CWB that get hauled off first as the 60% of all assists comes from them directly or from them marauding down the wing. 

This tactic breaks players so need a lot of cover or players who can cover a lot of positions. Trent Alexander of liverpool being a great example and would also recommend Ajer from Cetlic/Norway as can play CD BPD DPL MEZ with ease.

Have also started again with Newcastle to see if i can get them into Europe first season and try and win something by the end of the second season.

Again Grrrrrrrrrrrreat formation! 

Hey harrycarrie,

Could you, by any chance upload both of these tactics on a third party storage/uploading website? There seems to be a problem with uploading them directly into a post: https://community.sigames.com/topic/460046-tactic-download-problem/

Edit: Found this tactic on another forum: http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/share-download-fm19-tactics/373606-5131-counter-press.html

• 2 weeks later...

Archived