FM19: Ajax Amsterdam - Time to reap what has been sown

Chef Raekwon

So Huntelaar is been out 3 months for injuries, and is slow as a snail now. I think i'm going to spend a little money on Vincent Janssen as a backup, i quite like him. And he can slot in as a starter if i get a monster offer for Dolberg during the summer

• Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Raymond85 said:

We are really playing very similiar. I like this. Now to find playing time ok loan for mazraoui. I think that will be all fot the winter transfer window, if i don’t get good offers. :rolleyes:

Yeah you’re kinda making me want to manage Ajax again, but Lyon are fun too, they also have tons of talent only unlike Ajax you basically need to buy an entire new defence. 

I’d be interested to see how Mazroui and Schuurs turn out in a couple of seasons - I could never get their personalities improved (think I got unlucky with Schuurs’ starting one too) but I’ve seen people on this thread raving about them.

Also check out a young Brazilian striker named Lincoln, he’s better than Dolberg but had a decent release fee on my save

Edited by zlatanera

Just now, zlatanera said:

Yeah you’re kinda making me want to manage Ajax again, but Lyon are fun too, they also have tons of talent only unlike Ajax you basically need to buy an entire new defence. 

I’d be interested to see how Mazroui and Schuurs turn out in a couple of seasons - I could never get their personalities improved (think I got unlucky with Schuurs’ starting one too) but I’ve seen people on this thread raving about them

I sold Mazraoui in the winter window as Kristensen was preforming way better. I'm hoping I was not wrong. 

In questo momento, zlatanera ha scritto:

I’d be interested to see how Mazroui and Schuurs turn out in a couple of seasons - I could never get their personalities improved (think I got unlucky with Schuurs’ starting one too) but I’ve seen people on this thread raving about them

talk about unlucky..... i have gravenberch with 3 determination! even if he's performing really well. And i have De lIgt just get to 17 determination this moment!

I have to thank PSG that got Ziyech mad at me again.... 12 mln€ offer. F*** this s***. Although the whole squad is with me at least, and he has a 5 year contract.

In questo momento, Rooks ha scritto:

I sold Mazraoui in the winter window as Kristensen was preforming way better. I'm hoping I was not wrong. 

I loaned him to Watford where he will start. I  have Veltman for cover for now

9 minuti fa, zlatanera ha scritto:

Also check out a young Brazilian striker named Lincoln, he’s better than Dolberg but had a decent release fee on my save

I got Jansen quite cheap but with quite a few addons. He has a great report card and i love his attributes, he looks like a perfect complete forward who accepted a backup status contract. Also i really like Sierhuis, when he comes back from the loan he might have a chance if i get a huge offer for Dolberg (and that would make Jansen a starter then)

@Rooks na Kristensen is solid, a better all-round player on FM (I expect this to change come summer as Mazroui has been keeping him out of the team), Mazroui performed well for me despite not much improvement over 3 seasons, so Kristensen often filled in at CM deputising for Van de Week and he nabbed a couple of goals.

@Raymond85 Ooh, yeah that sucks. But he's so young if you put him in the first team and just have him play for the u19s when he's not getting games, you can have him mentored for 7 years which should be enough. Ajax seem tailor-made for the new mentoring thing - Schöne for offensive midfielders, Blind for more defensive ones and Veltman for defenders. 

Sierhuis has been the guy I've intended to get more out of the past 3 years and never done it, legit considering doing a youth-only with them at some point just to force myself to use him - in FM19 for example he had 4 goals in 3 appearances whilst Dolberg was injured then never kicked a ball for me again, which seems harsh (although would have brought in £10m in loan fees had I played my 4th season)

38 minuti fa, zlatanera ha scritto:

just have him play for the u19s when he's not getting games, you can have him mentored for 7 years which should be enough

He is starting for myu B tteam at 16 actually, that's what i want out of him. And he is close to eredivisie standards, so i think i'll have place for him in my first team next season, since Frankie is leaving and i don't plan on going much forward with Schone and Tadic (who i use as an AP in CM). So he will get mentoring and game time for sure. I think i'll promote and make available for Jong straight away, so i get started on mentoring.

40 minuti fa, zlatanera ha scritto:

Sierhuis has been the guy I've intended to get more out of the past 3 years and never done it

In my FM18 save he went on to lead the Duch national team attack, scoring for fun once i sold Dolberg. And he seems quite on par this year too. Getting game time on loan too will help much.

3 hours ago, Raymond85 said:

He is starting for myu B tteam at 16 actually, that's what i want out of him. And he is close to eredivisie standards, so i think i'll have place for him in my first team next season, since Frankie is leaving and i don't plan on going much forward with Schone and Tadic (who i use as an AP in CM). So he will get mentoring and game time for sure. I think i'll promote and make available for Jong straight away, so i get started on mentoring.

In my FM18 save he went on to lead the Duch national team attack, scoring for fun once i sold Dolberg. And he seems quite on par this year too. Getting game time on loan too will help much.

Oh yeah he's plenty good enough for B team too. Normally I wouldn't promote anyone early for just for mentoring as it can mess with dynamics but in the case of a talent like him you have to make an exception.

Sierhuis is probably the closest thing you have to a direct replacement for Huntelaar - not as tall, but otherwise in a similar mould. I've just always tended towards needing someone who can drop deep and run with the ball due to my playing style, hence usually moving for Lautaro Martinez previously or now Lincoln. I'd imagine going for a (positively blasphemous at a club like Ajax) 442 with Sierhuis as a poacher and Dolberg as the support striker could lead to some spectacular results. 

17 minuti fa, zlatanera ha scritto:

Oh yeah he's plenty good enough for B team too. Normally I wouldn't promote anyone early for just for mentoring as it can mess with dynamics but in the case of a talent like him you have to make an exception.

Sierhuis is probably the closest thing you have to a direct replacement for Huntelaar - not as tall, but otherwise in a similar mould. I've just always tended towards needing someone who can drop deep and run with the ball due to my playing style, hence usually moving for Lautaro Martinez previously or now Lincoln. I'd imagine going for a (positively blasphemous at a club like Ajax) 442 with Sierhuis as a poacher and Dolberg as the support striker could lead to some spectacular results. 

or TM-s and PF-a, my favourite front duo this year

8 hours ago, Rooks said:

Smart move! Ziyech was injured 4 months last season and really only played the last 2 months of the season with 1 month of getting his match fitness back to normal. If I can keep him, he will be my main star this season. 

For defense however, I have lost my triangle with Blind, De Ligt and Magallan as they are sold. Need to up my transfer game now because Veltman and Schuurs are to light for Europe. 

Veltman actually rarely disappointed for me as a central defender. If Wöber is still at the club, use him as well. Great ball playing defender! If you need some fresh prospects, Svetozar Markovic is a great option if he's still at Partizan. I managed to grab him for only 1.6M

1 hour ago, Raymond85 said:

or TM-s and PF-a, my favourite front duo this year

Not tried that one, I do like the PF-At role though, I tend to use it over AF every time because if you combine it with a high line of engagement you're due a couple of goals a season from his pressing. Add in 4-5 a season from preventing short GK distribution and that can make a significant difference

43 minuti fa, zlatanera ha scritto:

Not tried that one, I do like the PF-At role though, I tend to use it over AF every time because if you combine it with a high line of engagement you're due a couple of goals a season from his pressing. Add in 4-5 a season from preventing short GK distribution and that can make a significant difference

I used it in Udinese save (Lasagna PF and Inglese - second season - TM). First season Lasagna got the european golden boot, second season Inglese took over the goal scoring (Upgrade from Teodorczyk)

34 minutes ago, Raymond85 said:

I used it in Udinese save (Lasagna PF and Inglese - second season - TM). First season Lasagna got the european golden boot, second season Inglese took over the goal scoring (Upgrade from Teodorczyk)

The dots had not connected in my head that the Udinese guy was you haha

23 minuti fa, zlatanera ha scritto:

The dots had not connected in my head that the Udinese guy was you haha

Yeah, i quit that save because when you overacheive with average players, noone wants them anyway lol.

I tried a Rangers save and lost it come September, couldn't be bothered to start over as it was going so good, so i went with my classic Ajax save.

BTW, just got thrashed to Atletico in Madrid in 1st knockout CL round, but i knew that as soon as i saw the draw. I can counter Real Madrid and Barcelona, but i can never ever get something against Simeone. I hate him lol

Edited by Raymond85

Trying something different this year. Last year we switched between a classic 4-3-3 and a diamond 4-4-2. 

This year, going back to a 4-3-3 but with some more freedom for creativity. Hoping to retain the Eredivisie title with an attacking, free flowing team.

1136040629_Screenshot2019-04-03at22_30_30.thumb.png.1615e469e66c18c16440c9d1729b4ae0.png  

1 hour ago, Raymond85 said:

Yeah, i quit that save because when you overacheive with average players, noone wants them anyway lol.

I tried a Rangers save and lost it come September, couldn't be bothered to start over as it was going so good, so i went with my classic Ajax save.

BTW, just got thrashed to Atletico in Madrid in 1st knockout CL round, but i knew that as soon as i saw the draw. I can counter Real Madrid and Barcelona, but i can never ever get something against Simeone. I hate him lol

Oh yeah, Atletico are always the toughest team to beat. Either their squad is overrated or at this point Simeone is actively holding them back. 

That screenshot sent me down a quick rabbit hole into my google translate app...next to the German flag it says "Tedesco". I find this odd as there is a German-Italian manager called Domenico Tedesco. I put "detect language" and enter "Tedesco" and get back "German".

Domenico Tedesco = Domenico German...the German...haha 

1 minuto fa, zlatanera ha scritto:

That screenshot sent me down a quick rabbit hole into my google translate app...next to the German flag it says "Tedesco". I find this odd as there is a German-Italian manager called Domenico Tedesco. I put "detect language" and enter "Tedesco" and get back "German".

Yep, sorry, i forgot to switch both languages to english before screening, i was so buzzed by my new model citizen :D

I smiled too when i found out about Domenico Tedesco

4 minuti fa, zlatanera ha scritto:

BTW remember my Roberto Inglese? He's Robert English

10 minutes ago, Raymond85 said:

BTW remember my Roberto Inglese? He's Robert English

Ahaha oh yeah.

English people love that there's Kevin Lasagna, Giulio Pasta (backroom staff at Parma on FM18), Massimo Maccarone...

Yep, summer and november-december are the worst with fixtures.

Well this wraps up our first season

8bc2e707faf6efc1ab91a5e48833654c.png

I think we actually did really good, for what we have the first year. Dollberg scoring for fun, and Ziyech inspiring and scoring (when he doesn't start crying over whatever team bids low for him).

Now we have a massive task to accomplish, fill the void without Frankie who is leaving for Barcelona, and also i wish i could have retained Bakker, who's off to PSG. I could have used a spare young dutch left back.

Incoming for now on a free are our ex winger Kishna (who i love) and a young argentinian playmaker, Jose Mauri.

Second huge task will be retain most of our players, as half of the squad is wanted by big clubs

Well, i have a chance to get Alena (loan), Odegaard (loan with optional fee) or Andre Gomes (loan with optional fee).

Either that, or stick with Jose Mauri and slowly work Gravenberch into that AP slot in midfield.

What would you do? I'm, tempted to say no to all 3 and go with the latter plan, as it seems to fit Ajax much more, but i'm so unsure. Any experience with those 3 players?

Edited by Raymond85

24 minutes ago, Raymond85 said:

Well, i have a chance to get Alena (loan), Odegaard (loan with optional fee) or Andre Gomes (loan with optional fee).

Either that, or stick with Jose Mauri and slowly work Gravenberch into that AP slot in midfield.

What would you do? I'm, tempted to say no to all 3 and go with the latter plan, as it seems to fit Ajax much more, but i'm so unsure. Any experience with those 3 players?

See if you can loan out Mauri for a fee. I had Odegaard in my Freiburg save but he was played out of position in a 442. Alena is great - had him on 18 and he tore **** up, looks exactly the same on 19 - so perhaps loan him on a rotation contract so you can work Gravenberch in without ruining your relationship with Barcelona?

See if you can loan out Mauri for a fee. I had Odegaard in my Freiburg save but he was played out of position in a 442. Alena is great - had him on 18 and he tore **** up, looks exactly the same on 19 - so perhaps loan him on a rotation contract so you can work Gravenberch in without ruining your relationship with Barcelona?

I'm trying with loaning Mauri, but no interest for now. So it's Alena over all you say?I was feeling about the same way, it's one of those chances you can't waste. And maybe i could build a rapport with him to get him more permanent.

33 minutes ago, Raymond85 said:

I'm trying with loaning Mauri, but no interest for now. So it's Alena over all you say?I was feeling about the same way, it's one of those chances you can't waste. And maybe i could build a rapport with him to get him more permanent.

Well just give Mauri a lot of bench appearances to boost his rep. Yeah, much better player than Odegaard, who has no work rate. Try a two year loan if the options available, otherwise I always start looking to renew in november

21 minuti fa, zlatanera ha scritto:

Well just give Mauri a lot of bench appearances to boost his rep. Yeah, much better player than Odegaard, who has no work rate. Try a two year loan if the options available, otherwise I always start looking to renew in november

I will try. I still have one and a half months to find a loan for Mauri, i just went ahead and confirmed Alena. He's too good of a player to say no to.

Odegaard would have been a good replacemente for ZiYech, had any decent offers come. But they thing they can get away with 12 mln, when last season PSV's Bergwjin went for 38 mln :mad:

98ef25da071ffc542c215efe71cb553b.png

This is actually not bad money for a goalkeeper. Only problem is Rajkovic is out of the question, as Porto are after him and he want's ridicolous wages. Who could i get to replace him?

@Raymond85 there's nobody really the same at that age (or younger) who would want to play for you and would be available. You could perhaps try to loan Dean Henderson, or hope Lafont has ended up unsettled at Fiorentina. Man City have a good Kosovan guy too. Maybe see if Athletic are looking to offload one of Remiro or Simon?

Otherwise you'll have to go for a more experienced player. Or just sign that guy from Benfica permanently - he's a perfectionist, right? - and bring up your best youth prospects to play cup games and be mentored by him. 

@Raymond85 there's nobody really the same at that age (or younger) who would want to play for you and would be available. You could perhaps try to loan Dean Henderson, or hope Lafont has ended up unsettled at Fiorentina. Man City have a good Kosovan guy too. Maybe see if Athletic are looking to offload one of Remiro or Simon?

Otherwise you'll have to go for a more experienced player. Or just sign that guy from Benfica permanently - he's a perfectionist, right? - and bring up your best youth prospects to play cup games and be mentored by him. 

4 minuti fa, AndySummers ha scritto:

I sold Onana to Spurs for £22m after they unsettled him and went for David Raya as his replacement, after narrowing it down to Raya and Jonas Omlin. Raya's rushing out, agility and distribution was ideal for what I needed using the 'WM'.

Thanks to both for your suggestions.

For now i have put offers for Scuffet, Raya, Axel Werner and Dani Martin. I will scout them to decide. The first 2 will be for around 10 mln €, the latter are about 5-6 mln €.

Didn't think i'd get a decent offer for Onana, and though he is a fantastic keeper, that's just silly money you have to take.

4 hours ago, Raymond85 said:

ZiYech, had any decent offers come. But they thing they can get away with 12 mln, when last season PSV's Bergwjin went for 38 mln :mad:

Persevere with that.

Inter unsettled Ziyech with repeated offers of £300k per month on loan, which I flatly rejected. They had sold Icardi for £99m and were flush with cash. After deciding to allow him to leave, I offered him out and Southampton came in with a £36m offer and that prompted Inter to stump up £37.5m.

14 minuti fa, AndySummers ha scritto:

Persevere with that.

Inter unsettled Ziyech with repeated offers of £300k per month on loan, which I flatly rejected. They had sold Icardi for £99m and were flush with cash. After deciding to allow him to leave, I offered him out and Southampton came in with a £36m offer and that prompted Inter to stump up £37.5m.

Not planning on letting him leave so easily. He still performs amazing, and has 4 years left on his contract. Will need that kind of money or more for him to leave

2 hours ago, Raymond85 said:

This is actually not bad money for a goalkeeper. Only problem is Rajkovic is out of the question, as Porto are after him and he want's ridicolous wages. Who could i get to replace him?

You could be bold and sign Jasper Schendelaar and throw him in at the deep end. 

8 minuti fa, dothestrand ha scritto:

You could be bold and sign Jasper Schendelaar and throw him in at the deep end. 

AZ want over 30 mln€. But will keep an eye for the future, he will come to us sooner or later. FOr now, it's a race between Scuffet and Raya, two very different butt equally good keepers.

@Raymond85 Personally I'd go with Scuffet - I always prioritise Gk attributes first - he's got respectable Rushing Out after all, and Raya's 9 Communication is a bit low. Scuffet only has 1 less First Touch too, so if you just need him to be alright at receiving back passes and moving them onto another defender rather than pinging balls about from the middle of your defensive half, then he's good enough at that too. 

10 minuti fa, zlatanera ha scritto:

@Raymond85 Personally I'd go with Scuffet - I always prioritise Gk attributes first - he's got respectable Rushing Out after all, and Raya's 9 Communication is a bit low. Scuffet only has 1 less First Touch too, so if you just need him to be alright at receiving back passes and moving them onto another defender rather than pinging balls about from the middle of your defensive half, then he's good enough at that too. 

Yep, my same thinking. And that determination of 18.....

Now i have Fiorentina with 44.5 mln for Ziyech.... might be odegaard is coming to Amsterdam lol

12 minutes ago, Raymond85 said:

Yep, my same thinking. And that determination of 18.....

Now i have Fiorentina with 44.5 mln for Ziyech.... might be odegaard is coming to Amsterdam lol

If you do sell him, give Victor Jensen and Nicolas Kühn a chance, they both performed excellently for me in small bursts, Kühn even ended up with a CL winners' medal. 

13 minuti fa, zlatanera ha scritto:

If you do sell him, give Victor Jensen and Nicolas Kühn a chance, they both performed excellently for me in small bursts, Kühn even ended up with a CL winners' medal. 

Jensen is out on loan, and Kuhn already has his first team goal in my 1st season. The Danish will have space as soon as Tadic is out of the picture, and Kuhn is more of an inside forward on the left in my vision, when Neres will be ready to go.

For the present if i sell him i'm going to start 30 yo Tadic, with Odegaard on loan with option to buy as rotation. I want my options opened for the future, as i have lots of talent up front. Kuhn is filling in while Neres gets back from his damaged ligament injury, with Kishna starting and already getting goals and assists.

18 minutes ago, Raymond85 said:

Jensen is out on loan, and Kuhn already has his first team goal in my 1st season. The Danish will have space as soon as Tadic is out of the picture, and Kuhn is more of an inside forward on the left in my vision, when Neres will be ready to go.

For the present if i sell him i'm going to start 30 yo Tadic, with Odegaard on loan with option to buy as rotation. I want my options opened for the future, as i have lots of talent up front. Kuhn is filling in while Neres gets back from his damaged ligament injury, with Kishna starting and already getting goals and assists.

Good planning! Yeah Kühn filled that role for me too, Jensen was a Trequartista. Never properly made it in the first team but averaged over an 8 in about 6 appearances. 

Enjoyed Kishna’s goal, hope he stays fit! Back on FM15 him and Lucas Ocampos were my go-to wide men, but I’ve been burned by his injuries too many times since

20 minuti fa, zlatanera ha scritto:

Good planning! Yeah Kühn filled that role for me too, Jensen was a Trequartista. Never properly made it in the first team but averaged over an 8 in about 6 appearances. 

Enjoyed Kishna’s goal, hope he stays fit! Back on FM15 him and Lucas Ocampos were my go-to wide men, but I’ve been burned by his injuries too many times since

I really am happy with this year's squad,it's a shame i'm losing Ziyech, but how can you say no to 40 mln + 50% total next sale? Fiorentina wanted him bad.... Odegaard on loan with option for 12,75 mln is a great chance there. And if i don't sign him, i have lots of quality youngsters.

I love to plan and keep my squad small and rich with talent

1 minute ago, Raymond85 said:

I really am happy with this year's squad,it's a shame i'm losing Ziyech, but how can you say no to 40 mln + 50% total next sale? Fiorentina wanted him bad.... Odegaard on loan with option for 12,75 mln is a great chance there. And if i don't sign him, i have lots of quality youngsters.

I love to plan and keep my squad small and rich with talent

If Ziyech had a better personality I'd tell them to get stuffed, and I think I did turn down bigger offers than that but its perfectly understandable to get rid too. 

I normally end up with too many players on the books, that's what ended my Ajax save. the SFraser thread linked in O-zil's Benfica thread was an inspiration and I'm trying to stick to his principles of only having 5 guys throughout the entire club for each position with Lyon. 

If Ziyech had a better personality I'd tell them to get stuffed, and I think I did turn down bigger offers than that but its perfectly understandable to get rid too. 

I normally end up with too many players on the books, that's what ended my Ajax save. the SFraser thread linked in O-zil's Benfica thread was an inspiration and I'm trying to stick to his principles of only having 5 guys throughout the entire club for each position with Lyon. 

50% total next sale is what convinced me. It's insane, i'm likely going to get at least another 15 mln. And yes, his personality is s**t, but what a player when he is on a streak!

My game plan is to have 23 players in first squad+ eventual older mentors, 11 in Jong and 11 in Under 19. Every game i play goes towards this goal. Every season i try and thin the lines and send out on loan less players, and sell the ones that are not likely to develop to stars. It's so difficult, i get attached to them even if i know they will only develop to fringe players.