[FM19] Grantham Town - From unplayable to Champions of Europe with only youth players? You must be crazy!

theBlackPrince

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Adam Gibson 34b may have just scored an £80,000,000 goal, by potentially winning the game that keep's us in the Premier League. Losing to Leeds would have put us both on 32 points, just 1 point above the drop! A game of inches at the minute and boy having to work for survival this year!

gmHNjZz.png

I'm so glad to see you've returned to this, as was loving it before you took a break. I've just caught up having not been on the forum for a couple of weeks. What great progress! Nice one on getting to the EPL.

One thing I would love to see more of is screenshots of your first team players - we only get to see the players on youth recruitment day. KUTGW!

1 hour ago, numbas2 said:

I'm so glad to see you've returned to this, as was loving it before you took a break. I've just caught up having not been on the forum for a couple of weeks. What great progress! Nice one on getting to the EPL.

One thing I would love to see more of is screenshots of your first team players - we only get to see the players on youth recruitment day. KUTGW!

Good to see you back! I needed a break from it but been getting through it again lately and enjoying again. EPL is tough, lucky not lost too many players yet which helps.

I was actually going to start focusing a little more on player screenshot's now these players are the one's that will take me forward and most likely be Premier League players for years to come. Will post them up in next post as just when I thought the team was getting better, I was a little shocked to be honest....

My team isn't as good as I thought. I think I might have done well to stay up the past 2 years and may be another 2 or 3 before we really stop struggling! 

Following on from  @numbas2 and wanting to see the team, I took some time to go through and see what our Assistant Manager thought of my players and I'm a little bit shocked, I thought we were a little better than this.  So.... firstly these are the ratings as given by Ryan Paddock - JPA 16 and JPP 15.

hYQ7xiz.png

In an attempt to be more competitive and score more, moving to a 4-4-2 this year. If it is struggling 10-15 games in, will revert back to 5-4-1 and try and hold again. So here is the starting lineup with screenshots.

Sam Deakin 26c

Reece Lindley 35e               Fabricio Brennan 35a             Scott Ash 34a                Lloyd Holmes 34d

Dean Noble 29f             Andrew Hancock 34c               Stefan Groocock 33a               Adam Gibson 34b

Brendan Wynne 36f              Tom Harris 37d

Cc3nkVz.png

0j6ocvU.png

6NmIJXN.png

I think you're right, but that's a testament to your tactics and management, you being promoted and battling. It wouldn't hurt you to have a season down for development of those players, all look to have growth. Similarly if you stay up they are progressing in the EPL. Great to get sight of them, nice one :thup:

Season 22 - 2040/41 - Premier League

Once again we look at the team against other teams in the League, and it hasn't improved much from last year.

txpKeI5.png

Looking at the players from tha Assistant Manager, we are still a long way from having a squad able to challenge each week, let alone play extra games in Cups/Europe.

Z31p6Pw.png

RA0IUTY.png

And that gives us a 20th pre-season rating for the 4th year running!

tTWTLRu.png

21 hours ago, numbas2 said:

Wow, well I wasn't expecting that. Awesome :D

12 hours ago, Nobby_McDonald said:

Awesome indeed.

Thanks, I didn't think we would win but playing at home really helped and 2 goals in 6 minutes, couldn't have  started any better... We soon came back to earth with a bump mind you.

D4iLxz5.png

In all fairness, With English teams dominating Champions League for the past 20 years, I had hoped we could at least compete at this level. But it also did make me realise my next save probably has to be away from a top 5 league, going straight to Group stages takes the fun out of building a country up and getting more spots also.

With 5 games to go in the season, once again the top of the table was congested with several teams all in with a great chance to win the title. Defending Champions Manchester City are still the team to beat, sitting top with a game in hand to go 3 points clear of Grantham Town  and 4 clear of Manchester United and Tottenham.

zwyWZqz.png

We fast forward 3 more games, 2 left to go and it looks to be a 2 horse race now, but if the top 2 slip up Tottenham could still claim the title.

2btLaAq.png

• 2 weeks later...

Archived