Player thinks they should be doing more X training

3 replies and all of them are different. How about that :D So if 1 or 2 of your players wants specific trainings, giving them individual focus might be better but if its more than 7-8 changing team training might be wiser.

26 minutes ago, Egecann said:

3 replies and all of them are different. How about that :D So if 1 or 2 of your players wants specific trainings, giving them individual focus might be better but if its more than 7-8 changing team training might be wiser.

Some things can't be trained by individual focus and sometimes adding a specific individual focus doesn't work because the player wants more than the attributes that focus trains. So in a lot of cases, finding the session that works on the attributes he is moaning about might be more beneficial. It's a balancing act to find what works best for you in that specific scenario. There isn't 1 way of doing things nor a best way of doing things any longer. None of the answers above are wrong. You just have more than 1 way of doing things

17 hours ago, Cleon said:

Some things can't be trained by individual focus and sometimes adding a specific individual focus doesn't work because the player wants more than the attributes that focus trains. So in a lot of cases, finding the session that works on the attributes he is moaning about might be more beneficial. It's a balancing act to find what works best for you in that specific scenario. There isn't 1 way of doing things nor a best way of doing things any longer. None of the answers above are wrong. You just have more than 1 way of doing things

Cleon - I have read a few of your posts/blogs on twitter. First of all brilliant work.

I have come up with my own way of training in phases throughout the year; so preseason a lot of physical work. Early season when fixtures aren't to heavy - heavier training on the physical aspects; getting lighter towards game day and changing the focus towards tactics and technical attributes day before.

Are you going to be writing any pieces for different time periods of the season? I.e. Xmas period or pre-season? I know this is very variable; dependant upon fixtures etc, but would be intrigued to see the differences in how people set up and explanations of the thought process behind the team training! I'm finding that generally training is going well but occasionally getting feedback that's suggest they want more of a type which I may need to tweak.

Do you generally use the same training schedule each year (After adaptations)?

Any advice is always appreciated! 

Archived