Nations Who Have Never Qualified for the World Cup Finals

What with the World Cup being on TV at the moment I wanted to do a save with an international team on FM but I got bored quickly due to lack of matches and not being able to buy anyone! I come up with an idea regarding the nations that have never qualified for the World Cup.

I am doing this save myself and I may eventually post it in the FM Career Updates section of this forum.

Basically, The only playable leagues are from the nations that have never qualified for the World Cup. You must only work in those nations with the long-term aim of helping that specific nation to qualify for their first ever World Cup by bringing through local youth players and raising the standard in the country as a whole through club management.

There are many nations to have entered World Cup qualifying but never qualified for the finals. Unfortunately, without adding to the database there are only six nations in the game to load which haven't qualified for the World Cup. They are:

Hong Kong

Malaysia

Singapore

India

Belarus

Finland

I have started my save as an unemployed Sunday league rep manager but feel free to choose your club if you wish. Good luck!

52 minutes ago, jaysdailydose said:

Are you able to do national management if you build yourself up to take the jobs in those nations, and try to qualify them?

Yes you can. Especially if some of the players in the national team came from your own youth intakes.

16 hours ago, xtromanage said:

Is using Claassen's league pack okay or do you want us to use only the default database?

I was disappointed to discover that there were only 6 nations to use on the default database so I'd certainly encourage using additional league packs.

Venezuela should be available too, it certainly has more than enough players, but it may depend on the database configuration you choose.

Le 01/07/2018 à 18:59, Clarky323 a dit :

I was disappointed to discover that there were only 6 nations to use on the default database so I'd certainly encourage using additional league packs.

If you load players from a nation, I believe you can play with any nation in the world.

Ill attempt the challenge. Probably with Somalia or another country with many bi nationals

"Technically" India did qualify in 1950 but withdrew before the tournament. I may have dreamt this, but I'm sure it was because they wanted to play barefoot but FIFA wouldn't allow it!

10 hours ago, GloryFan2002 said:

@raymondafc I believe it was something about the Indian government was unwilling to pay their fees so they were forced to withdraw 

Ah yes you could be right, the barefoot thing came from the 1948 Olympics, FIFA banned the practice before the 1950 WC....

I was pretty close though :lol:

• 4 weeks later...

What i do is use Claassen's amazing pack , currently i am managing Tahiti world ranked 152nd ....But as international management can become tedious with lack of games i also am managing AS Tefana in the Tahitian First Divison....Its also a good way of training up the International team...

Archived