FM 19 WISHLIST! (PLS IMPLEMENT INTO FM19!)

Thescouser20

Hello, all members of SI staff, how has your day been? Good, well, brace in, get another cup of coffee if needed, because I'm going to be telling you some changes that I want to see in the next version of FM! By some changes, I mean a lot of changes! You may be wondering why I am talking about Football Manager 2019 when it is almost 5 months away, I feel that there is no such thing as too early to talk about change when it is needed! Now, let's crack on! 

When you eventually do discuss new features, I implore you to reference this wishlist as a guideline for features added to the next version of FM!

*= Urgent, MUST HAPPEN ASAP!

Wishlist:

A change I would like to see made to All platforms for FM(Full version, Touch, Mobile):

• *Option to offer an assist bonus to players in contract negotiations - In real life, midfielders who don't score as often as strikers are offered assist bonuses to entice them. If Football Manager wants to retain its selling point as a game that is as close to reality as possible, then this change should be implemented in the next version of the game!
  • Addition of Backstory to Managers: Position they played in their career, which could influence what badges could be attained, Personalities, Managerial styles, Marital Status, Relationships with other managers and players, etc.
  • More Tactical Control: Ability not to order any crosses into the box or the ability to encourage players to send through balls, etc.
  • Ability to Edit Finances/Staff/Facilities when creating a club: If you can edit the reputation, the badge, stadium, and tactical attributes, then why could I not be able to edit all of the details about the club besides the players when I start a new club. Think about it FM, it could lead to a decent challenge or two!
  • *Youth Teams- Currently on FM, the closest thing a Team has to a Youth Academy is the Reserves, I feel this is unrealistic as most clubs have youth squads, so I propose for next year's version the ability to train and recruit and monitor the progress of players from the U-23s - U15s, and the ability to enroll a child in your youth setup.
  • New Unlockable Idea- I have an idea for a new unlockable for Football Manager 2019: the ability to have all bids/offers accepted regardless of value(transfers, contracts,etc.)

Changes to FM Touch Exclusively:

• *Ability to buy an In-Game Editor that manipulates the details of players, managers, staff, chairmen, fanbases, stadiums, awards, and tournaments or if a manager completes some kind of task, the unlockable should be offered up for free! I don't mean to be insulting when I say this, but how does it make sense for me to be able to buy an in-game editor on the mobile version, yet not on the Touch version? I believe that the ability to buy this unlockable should be accessible to all platforms of FM!
  • Press Conferences for Important Matches, such as Derbies and Cup Competitions, new signings, as well as occasional tunnel interviews!
  • *Improved AI: I remember vividly a match when I was managing Liverpool, and I was playing Tottenham, and in the 33rd minute, my CB makes an inane mistake that leads to a 2-1 loss. There have been several moments like this where I concede terrible goals in high-stakes matches. So I ask you to please improve the match engine to reduce the number of mistakes like this.

Changes to FM Mobile:

• More attributes provided in a profile of a player, more specifically, set-piece attributes. In a scouting report of a player, I can see the player's proficiency when referring to set-pieces, yet I cannot see their attributes. I hope this is changed in FMM 19, but it's nothing urgent!
  • Ability to create a manager that is younger than 46.

7 hours ago, Thescouser20 said:
  • *Option to offer an assist bonus to players in contract negotiations - In real life, midfielders who don't score as often as strikers are offered assist bonuses to entice them. If Football Manager wants to retain its selling point as a game that is as close to reality as possible, then this change should be implemented in the next version of the game!
  • Addition of Backstory to Managers: Position they played in their career, which could influence what badges could be attained, Personalities, Managerial styles, Marital Status, Relationships with other managers and players, etc.

+1

15 hours ago, Thescouser20 said:

*Improved AI: I remember vividly a match when I was managing Liverpool, and I was playing Tottenham, and in the 33rd minute, my CB makes an inane mistake that leads to a 2-1 loss. There have been several moments like this where I concede terrible goals in high-stakes matches. So I ask you to please improve the match engine to reduce the number of mistakes like this.

Is that your way of saying, "If an opposition player makes a mistake, it's brilliant, but if MY player makes a mistake, it's a bug?"

Frequent mistakes in big games are more likely to be down to low Pressure and/or Important Matches attributes, nervousness, incompetence or just plain bad luck, rather than a poor match engine.

15 hours ago, Thescouser20 said:

Addition of Backstory to Managers: Position they played in their career, which could influence what badges could be attained, Personalities, Managerial styles, Marital Status, Relationships with other managers and players, etc.

I wouldn't mind being able to select the position your manager used to play in (if applicable). On the other hand, selecting their marital status is about as meaningful in FM as saying what their blood type is.

17 hours ago, CFuller said:

I wouldn't mind being able to select the position your manager used to play in (if applicable). On the other hand, selecting their marital status is about as meaningful in FM as saying what their blood type is.

I think maybe my missus will be asking for clarification on my blood type in the next few weeks. She thinks FM is a computer game 😳 Anyway Yes I think the former you pointed out would be a good idea. Especially if it would influence the given area, or be a tactical bonus of some description.

• 6 months later...

Archived