Promoted/relegated team reputation triggering sooner

Death Ball

For some reason or another, I've played FM18 very little, so I haven't experienced changes in divisions yet, but I keep forgetting in past versions so I'm doing it now.

I'd like that the reputation boost/degrade of teams that change division to be advanced to the moment it's decided, be it end of last fixture or before the end of the season if you get it with matches to spare. At the very least to the next to last fixture day.

If I get my team to be promoted, when I've done that and gone to the transfers planning, I've found players who will be willing to play for my team once the division change in the table is done in mid July will reject me right at the end of the season I got promoted. The players still treat the team as one in its current league instead of one that will play the other division. This leads to situations in which one has achieved promotion to Premier League and has been targetting a player X, but then player X refuses to talk because you're a Championship side, while he may even be willing to sign for one of the teams that are being relegated from Premier League in their first season there. It makes impossible for you to make deals that would be realistic on the grounds you're going to play a level higher until the summer break is well advanced, which makes a lot of the players you were targetting and would be willing to join you to sign new deals with their club or change to another club before you've got your reputation change. I know because a few that weren't willing to come with the season ended but still my team showing in the division I won, come the day I appear in the new division become willing to talk. But many more that I know would've been willing to talk, were out of reach because other teams came before that date, but quite long after I had wanted to sign them, not because the promotion wasn't enough bump to my reputation, but because it happens too late.

I think there could be something like long term and short term reputation. Short term directly baded on the league level and european competitions you play in. Long term built in the longer run, possibly taking into account some dramatic matches, football legends that played for the club in the past,  etc. Long term reputation only gained. Players with high ambition and low loyalty would always choose possiilty to play in higher leagues while combination of other attributes and other factors like age may end up in player choosing to sign with a club with long term reputation even at lower league

• 7 months later...

Archived