Club / Board Regard

So, my board are ''concerned that the club is not being held in the same regard as it was before you took charge''. Now, I took charge at the beginning of the game with Newcastle and it is now 2025. It took my some years but finally I have won the Premier League for the last two years, won various domestic cups as well as going in to a Champions League final (lost). So...bearing in mind that Newcastle are (both in game and real life!!) expecting to struggle against relegation (''before I took over'') how can the board feel that I have actually made the club look worse!?? 

Attached two photos - as you can see the board are dissapointed that my teams performances on the pitch are tarnishing the stature... however I think you would all agree that the scores and green circles speak for themselves, having hit 22 goals in the last 5 games alone!!!

FM.png

FM2.png

Your board expectations are based on The Chairman/Owner personality (ambition the most and some other attributes) and the current ability of your squad compared to others leagues/cups you play.

I mean if you have a squad that is the best in the world, they would expect you to win the champions league, if you arent you would probably be judged as underperforming manager...

If you go to your board page, and under confidence (upper left) there should be a match performance entry. That might help get you information.

It's possible that things like a 7-6 win, while still a win, concern the board?

1 ora fa, grkmori ha scritto:

Your board expectations are based on The Chairman/Owner personality (ambition the most and some other attributes) and the current ability of your squad compared to others leagues/cups you play.

I mean if you have a squad that is the best in the world, they would expect you to win the champions league, if you arent you would probably be judged as underperforming manager...

The board imply that the club's stature has decreased since the OP joined the club. Which is absolutely false, as he has achieved much more than NUFC ever did.

So it's either a bug, or a completely wrong wording of the issue in the game

• 1 month later...

I've the same problem with my Milan team.

I've just won the World Club Cup after winning the Champions League for the second time and the European Super Cup, 4 Scudetti, 2 Copa Italia and 2 Super Cups.....

I think it might be a bug.....

If they sack me I'll be re-appointing myself.......

whats your rating for player approachability ? is it "barely speaks to his players" ?

Something you can try under responsibilities for media handling

Select yourself for new signings & tunnel talks

Its a minimalist approach that could give you just enough media presence to satisfy the board

a different board may take less notice, and another may want even more

yes the media part of fm is repetitive and a little boring, but it's an important part of the job in the modern footballing world

hopefully over time it will get improved upon with a little more variety in the responses

but until then you'll just have to deal with it

Archived