What are people getting for Game Speed?

For an in depth playthough,

How many nations/leagues are people adding.

I feel like I've added what I have in recent years and my Game speed is half a star. I have a beast of a machine.

I have about 38 nations loaded and about 109k players

I play with all leagues playable. I want as large a football world as possible in the game; it's the only way to play ... according to me. I get half a star, I think - that does not matter; I get the speed that I get, and for me, that speed is fine. I'm not the impatient type of gamer.

It's up to you. Load as many leagues/players as you want. Play. If the game moves on a bit too slow for you, then start a new save with fewer leagues loaded, less detail, fewer players - whatever.

I think I once read - many years ago - that one of the Collyer brothers (the fathers of this game) said in an interview that he only ever played the game with all available leagues and players loaded, and that it was the only way he could play the game, no matter what speed that resulted in. It's the same for me. It takes a couple of hours to finish a month in the game, but I believe most of that is because I watch every match in extended highlights (the full match if I'm testing tactics).

I have a pretty good laptop. I loaded ~30 leagues from 13 nations and I get 2 stars for game speed.

The amount of matches that need to be processed mean that some days take longer to process (I can wait around 1 minute to process saturdays and sundays), so I think I'll disable some nations as the save progresses.

1 hour ago, thomit said:

It's up to you. Load as many leagues/players as you want. Play. If the game moves on a bit too slow for you, then start a new save with fewer leagues loaded, less detail, fewer players - whatever.

This, and really no need for anything else on the subject.  I'm essentially the antithesis of how you play the game, pretty impatient with the speed I get, so I load the bare minimum on a small database.  Anyone chasing this "perfect" setup, or asking how many leagues they should load I've just never understood.  The "perfect" setup is having as many leagues as you're interested in running at a speed you're happy with.  No-one else can tell you what that will be.

Game speed rating is only an indicator and you really need to concentrate on the actual game speed and how it fits in with your expectations.  What one user thinks is perfectly acceptable game speed can be painfully slow for another and vice-versa, so don't get too hung up on the speed stars.

Archived