How to get the best out of De Bruyne

Hello guys,

I am wondering, how did you use De Bruyne in your teams/save ? I have good success with ManCity overall but I always find myself selling De Bruyne for over 150M to Real or Bayern because he is not doing anything special for me. Below 7.0 average rating, almost no assists or goals. I mostly use him as a DLP/S in a 3 man midfield (2CM/1DM) or as an AP/A in a 4-2-3-1.

Now everytime he leaves for Real Madrid he wins the Ballon d´Or, playing as an AMC. Have you played Kevin in a different system, have you found success with him ? Please share your insights with me, thanks !

Kind Regards

1 minute ago, Alerion said:

Hello guys,

I am wondering, how did you use De Bruyne in your teams/save ? I have good success with ManCity overall but I always find myself selling De Bruyne for over 150M to Real or Bayern because he is not doing anything special for me. Below 7.0 average rating, almost no assists or goals. I mostly use him as a DLP/S in a 3 man midfield (2CM/1DM) or as an AP/A in a 4-2-3-1.

Now everytime he leaves for Real Madrid he wins the Ballon d´Or, playing as an AMC. Have you played Kevin in a different system, have you found success with him ? Please share your insights with me, thanks !

Kind Regards

If you use De Bruyne dont expect assist and lots of goals. It depends a lot on your whole setup. But when I think about De Bruyne in DLP role I expect to see a high pass completion rate and some key passes. He is the guy that links the team together. Making it click so to speak. He can start attacks, playing others in, acting like the quarterback. Again, it depends on your setup, but I for one would never sell a unique player like de Bruyne. He is so complete. 

vor 1 Stunde schrieb Gegenklaus:

If you use De Bruyne dont expect assist and lots of goals. It depends a lot on your whole setup. But when I think about De Bruyne in DLP role I expect to see a high pass completion rate and some key passes. He is the guy that links the team together. Making it click so to speak. He can start attacks, playing others in, acting like the quarterback. Again, it depends on your setup, but I for one would never sell a unique player like de Bruyne. He is so complete. 

But IRL he has 7 goals and 14 assists so far, and the season is not even done yet. Thats more then some of my strikers get in FM lol.

What role could mirror his success in FM and in what team/tactic ?

11 hours ago, Alerion said:

But IRL he has 7 goals and 14 assists so far, and the season is not even done yet. Thats more then some of my strikers get in FM lol.

What role could mirror his success in FM and in what team/tactic ?

It all depends on the tactic. If you want him to get goals and assist then ask yourself how you can do that. And you can't replicate the way he plays in real life because he does different things in different matches. Personally I think he is the perfect Roaming Playmaker - if you wanna use a playmaker though - but just giving him that role wont guarantee success, it depends on your setup and how it all links. I just used him as a Central Midfielder on Support in a fairly standard 4141:

FBs - CD - CD - FBa
DLPd
IWa - CMa - CMs - WMa
CFs

He doesnt get goals and assist in that setup - but he links the play and get a ton of key passes and high pass completion - and thats what I want from him. To make the team click, moving the ball around and starting attacking movements. If I wanted him to get goals and assist I would probably use him - in this setup, mind you - as the CMa. :)

It all depends what you want from him.

16 hours ago, FMunderachiever said:

Id use him as a roaming playmaker. And tell him to try more risky passes with his great vision and technique.

He would be the focal point of the team for me

This has worked for me too with Silva as an APM-S alongside.

added a few PIs as above - risky passes, direct passes, move into channels.

He gets a few goals and assists but he is always playing the pass BEFORE the assist :brock:

No single right answer, as he's a good player that can play multiple roles. General thoughts though.

1. Use a system that gets him into as much space as possible.

2. Ensure he receives plenty of passes.

3. Create attacking options for him to pass to.

Not rocket science by all means, but I don't think you need to over-complicate it.

Archived