Lost the dressing room

I am currently managing Tranmere in the Conference, end of September first season.  I am second in the league and am undefeated from my opening 12 matches.  I have just been called into a meeting with a number of senior players who have told me I have "lost the dressing room".

I did start with the minimal experience & reputation, however this seems crazy to me.  If I was struggling in mid-table then maybe, but again, I have played half of the teams in the division and am yet to lose.  

The only discontent i have come across is from a first team striker who I wasn't playing.  Knowing my reputation was low, I promised him more games, and he was happy with this and was not one of the players in the mutiny.

I genuinely like features like this because they add to the challenge, but again, this seems crazy at this stage.

@Junkhead

I can only surmise it is due to your relatively low reputation compared with the club. Although at tier 5, I expect Tranmere are a big fish in that pond having spent many recent years higher up the league pyramid and therefore it will be more of a struggle to maintain managerial support than at other tier 5 clubs. That said, the reaction certainly seems too extreme and could be a bug. What is your dynamics > overview > managerial support rating?

I hadn't broken any promises, no.  I had had two talks, one was the one where I agreed more first team football for a player, and the other was where they called me into the dressing room to tell me I had lost it.

6 weeks or so on, still doing well in the league & support for me is slowly rising.  Spoke to the board after the meeting and told them that giving me a new contract might help, and they did.  

Assume that @The Enforcer is correct and it is just a reputation thing, however it is clearly extreme and nothing triggered it.  

Unfortunately I don't have a save from back then. Would be interested to hear if anyone else has had any similar experiences?

Just want to make sure that there is no reason for this before I post in the bugs section.

Not had the meeting with senior players, but I spent the whole first 2 seasons at a club with a very poor to poor reputation with the players

most of the existing 1st team had the view "believes lack of respect is justified" or words to that effect

the only players I had any positive association with were ones I brought into the club after being hired.

1st season prediction was relegation battle, second was mid table

ended 1st season in mid table, promoted through playoffs in second

at which point .. every player at the club suddenly loved me

the change was a little drastic .. and extreme

it's possible the systems behind this in the engine need a little fine tuning

• 2 months later...

New game, same old problem, which is why I am bumping this thread.

I have now managed to lose the dressing room before a league game in season 1 whilst managing Dinamo Tirana.  Started unemployed, so my reputation surely shouldn't be affecting things this much.

3-3 draw in preseason, the majority of which was awful.  End of match team talk was the "you need to do betting in competitive games".  5 players revolted, unhappy at the team talk.  I apologised, all still unhappy.  10 days letter, still having not played a competitive game, I am called to a meeting with 10 players all saying they are unhappy.  I really like the addition of dynamics, but this is crazy.

2 hours ago, Junkhead said:

New game, same old problem, which is why I am bumping this thread.

I have now managed to lose the dressing room before a league game in season 1 whilst managing Dinamo Tirana.  Started unemployed, so my reputation surely shouldn't be affecting things this much.

3-3 draw in preseason, the majority of which was awful.  End of match team talk was the "you need to do betting in competitive games".  5 players revolted, unhappy at the team talk.  I apologised, all still unhappy.  10 days letter, still having not played a competitive game, I am called to a meeting with 10 players all saying they are unhappy.  I really like the addition of dynamics, but this is crazy.

What's the reputation of the club you're playing for compared to yours? I imagine you're a half star but curious what the club's is. Also curious what the managerial support was.

I actually don't read your example *too* extreme depending on some circumstances (some new unknown manager comes in and starts slagging on us wtf!?) but I could see it still being a bit too aggressive.

I know in my journeyman save I (just for RP reasons) typically didn't get upset to start things off until managerial support grew a bit. (less of an issue on my third team now given I now have some actual reputation)

I never lost the dressing room in FM18. I only got trouble with players that wanted more playing time while the starting player is way better and preforms better.

Archived