add close down specific player to player instructions

rebeldx81

Can we have a close down specific player/position option in the player instructions option? for example:

when Liverpool beat man city 4-3 recently, Emre Can was clearly told to close down fernandinho, which currently in game im unable to do effectively.

We have the option to mark a specific player, we have the option to mark a specific position, but not to close down a specific player or postition.

it would be brilliant if we could have the ability to close down a player or position, to help us recreate the more popular counter pressing tactics ......or to exploit a weak player in our opponents team, or to target their best player, i dont want to mark these players, i want to aggressively close them down

7 hours ago, rebeldx81 said:

Can we have a close down specific player/position option in the player instructions option?

Is there a reason why you want it as part of player instructions? As it is, you can target specific players or position with OIs.

id like to be able to tell my specific player to aggressively close down 1 of the opposition, not all of my players to close down a player

for example im liverpool, id like to be able to tell emre can to aggressively target a player, because as it currently is using the opposition instructions, i get 1 or 2 players closing down the target player, or 'hunting in packs'  i dont want that, i want emre can to do that job. we have the option for a specific player to mark an opponent or a postition, and also have the OI to mark too, but its not the same for closing down

its not like its an unrealistic thing to do, it happens in every game in real life. i feel that the current system of closing down is too restrictive, and having the option to give individual players, individual closing down tasks would offer more realism and allow us to better replicate systems/tactics/methods

so in summary i dont want to man mark the player, i dont want the nearest group of players to close down the player, i want a particular player to actively harrass and close down the player, not giving him time on the ball

• 1 month later...

I'd really like this. For example, I want to press both the winger and the fullback, but I want my fullback to press the winger, and the winger to press the fullback, so I don't lose my shape so much. This combined with no tight marking, would make pressing traps a lot better.

On 06/02/2018 at 14:47, rebeldx81 said:

its not like its an unrealistic thing to do, it happens in every game in real life. i feel that the current system of closing down is too restrictive, and having the option to give individual players, individual closing down tasks would offer more realism and allow us to better replicate systems/tactics/methods

On 13/03/2018 at 12:44, PonjaConRulos said:

I'd really like this. For example, I want to press both the winger and the fullback, but I want my fullback to press the winger, and the winger to press the fullback, so I don't lose my shape so much. This combined with no tight marking, would make pressing traps a lot better.

Good ideas here. 

• 9 months later...

Archived