Is FM 18 worth getting now or should i wait for the update?

Beides the fact that it's going to be release in full version in the next month which is a valid reason to wait, it's also overpriced atm and I would wait for the price to drop.

I don't think it's worth the price atm (especially after reading the flaws the game have in terms of players decisions and long shots).

2 hours ago, Alan A Wadge said:

Never actually understood this "finished game" theory. The game is a game, after a while you'll get used to it and it becomes easier etc. In this year's version there isn't any game breaking bugs if that's what you're asking.

sorry, but how would you define the long shots issues (which already been reported)? feature?

7 hours ago, FatRonaldo said:

sorry, but how would you define the long shots issues (which already been reported)? feature?

Obviously not a game-breaker, given it doesn't break the game.  An earlier version of FM was released in a state where the majority couldn't even start it.  That's game-breaking.

More accurately, it would be an issue that doesn't necessarily affect everyone's enjoyment of the game, much like most of the "OMG GAYMBRAYKER!" bugs that often get talked about.  I completely agree there's an issue, but I can also quite happily play with it there.  

buy fm17. cheaper, and a better game. you can find transfer updates and different start points, so could start the game at the start of this season if you wanted

fm18, in my opinion, is a terrible version and it is not worth waiting for an update. if i had waited for the demo and not pre ordered, i would never of bought this game

4 minutes ago, forameuss said:

Obviously not a game-breaker, given it doesn't break the game.  An earlier version of FM was released in a state where the majority couldn't even start it.  That's game-breaking.

More accurately, it would be an issue that doesn't necessarily affect everyone's enjoyment of the game, much like most of the "OMG GAYMBRAYKER!" bugs that often get talked about.  I completely agree there's an issue, but I can also quite happily play with it there.  

It's not a game breaking and me personally didn't said it's a game breaking, but it's clearly annoying to watch and not enjoyable.

And to someone who ask about if he should buy the game or not, i gave him my opinion and also my thoughts about the game worth.

and my 2nd suggestion is to try out the demo, and to see if he really bother with long shots issues or other issues that he might notice by himself (there are obviously other issues, but I gave only one because it's the most noticeable one and in my personal opinion also annoying and not enjoyable to watch).

My view for what it is worth, is that, as others have said, firstly try the demo, you got nothing to lose. Failing that, if you wait until after the end of the January transfer window, then you will probably get a patched and updated version in February/March. Might even and probably will get it cheaper as well.

I for one am enjoying FM18 with all it's quirks, idiosyncrasies and possible faults but can see no gamebreakers from m y perspective. Some on here, and I make no comment on they views, do take the game too seriously. All games have bugs, most game companies release alpha's and beta's so that is a done dead issue for me. 

If you are one those that take the game deadly seriously and watch every minute, then reading some of the threads on here, it might well put you off from buying it. As I said some of the posters on here are quite rightly concerned and have aired there concerns and commented on the responses they received.  The game needs these guys but I stumble through each version and enjoy the game for what it is.

Just my two penneth worth.

Archived