Players had more stars when scouted than when bought

One example: I'm playing as Real Madrid (as ever). I scouted a player.  Scouts said CA = 1 Gold Star, PA = 3.5 Star (Gold) to 5 Star (including Black).  I buy.  Assistant Manager then says potential is 2 star (Gold) to 3 star (including black).  This has happened on many occasions.  Why?  The scouts have >18 judging PA, and even the AssMan has over 10.  I've never had the opposite happen, that a 4*star potential magically becomes 5* after bought.  Am I misunderstanding something?  How can I make sure 5*potential is actually 5*?  Look at age and CA?

Thanks,

Real

6 minutes ago, Real said:

Why do scouts always rate higher than my assistant (this has happened 6 times now)?  I thought the cross over would be more, rather than 3.5 - 5 versus 2 -3.

You mentioned your scouts have 18+ in judging and your assistant over 10. That's very different, so expect different ratings and the "cross over" isn't too far apart - 2 star to 3.5 star. The black stars are uncertainty, so it's no guarantee of anything.

The player has certain potential and current ability and that rates higher at let's say Valencia than Real Madrid. So in the Valencia team he is the best right back with 3,5 star current ability and 5 star potential (including black) - but at your Real team, he is rated lower because of the higher quality players at your team. That's how I see current ability and potential on FM. It reflects how good he is compared to the other players you have. 

11 minutes ago, Rooks said:

The player has certain potential and current ability and that rates higher at let's say Valencia than Real Madrid. So in the Valencia team he is the best right back with 3,5 star current ability and 5 star potential (including black) - but at your Real team, he is rated lower because of the higher quality players at your team. That's how I see current ability and potential on FM. It reflects how good he is compared to the other players you have. 

Yup :thup:.

@Real Put a player with very high potential into a team already full of "galacticos" and he'll only have 3 or 4 stars because of who he's being compared to.  Put that same player into lets say Las Palmas and he'll have 5 stars.

1 hour ago, herne79 said:

Yup :thup:.

@Real Put a player with very high potential into a team already full of "galacticos" and he'll only have 3 or 4 stars because of who he's being compared to.  Put that same player into lets say Las Palmas and he'll have 5 stars.

But the scouts give the star ratings relative to your team, not the team they are in, surely? I mean, if I were to manage Real Madrid and scouted the best player from the Indonesian league, he wouldn't be a five star player in the scout reports.

The issue here is also that the PA had 1,5 black stars when scouted, meaning that your scouting knowledge of the player was not very good. Scout him further and you will probably get a more accurate result.

Because he is compared with your team.

One example: I bought Verrati on my barcelona, he was 4 star on PSG,and when he got on my team,he was 3 stars. Why? Because compared to my actual team,he is a good player,not more than that.

1 Star player: not enough for your team
2: Ok player
3: Good player
4: Excellent player, key.
5:  Key player, best of the best.

so, for this player you bought, for him to get on 5 stars, he need to be at CR7 level, or dont have anyone better than him on your team.

1 minute ago, Real said:

This is a big difference of opinion - is the scouted ability potential (in stars) based on my team, or the selling team?

You can see in the scouting report that the player is being compared to your players.

Archived