Yet another San Marino save

manutdfan1999

Ok so after reading through @Jupjamie's thread I was inspired to give a San Marino save a try for the first time in a few years. This is also only my second save on this iteration so jumping into the deep end here and as a result I thought I wouldn't be as extreme as some with this challenge atleast at the start. As a result ive opted to manage La Fiorita who are the defending champions of the Sammarinese league so should make things easier to start aswell as not restricting myself to youth only for the 1st few seasons.

Game set-up

Ive loaded the san marino league having used claassen's file, aswell as a large database.

I've played through the 1st 2 seasons so will give brief updates on them below

Season 1 proved to be a good season on a whole for what I was expecting resulting in a league title to get qualification for the champions league for another season as well as a cup final appearance which we lost unfortunately. In Europe we managed to win in the 1st qualifying round of the champions league before getting destroyed by Celtic in the next round in a set of games I hope to forget and not repeat if possible however that may be a difficult task

League Table

Europe Results

Transfers

Now unfortunately I didn't take screenshots of anything else as at the time I wasn't planning on creating a thread. Throughout the season I managed to upgrade both junior coaching and the youth recruitment network aswell as gain a couple coaching qualifications having started with my manager at the lowest level possible.

Season 2 started off with agony as we went out of the preliminary phase of the champions league after collapsing and then fell out of the euro cup 2nd qualifying round in even worse circumstances but I was more than proud of the lads for almost achieving what I thought was an impossible feat. Europe

The rest of the season went by very smoothly with us managing to win Both the cup and league to complete a double. Transfers wise I managed to keep hold of everyone I wanted and added a few players permanently and some loans to fill some gaps with only Tani out of the loans really playing many games.

I managed to get yet another upgrade to both junior coaching and the youth recruitment network as well as convincing the board to take the club semi-professional which is a big step on this journey. I continued to further myself as a manager reaching the National level A qualification and managing to convince the board to take the next level as well.

I shall do a run down of the key players in the squad as well as showing off more about the club after I finish the current season which I've just started

Transfer window

I thought I'd give an update for the end of the transfer widow. In terms of transfers no-one came in with only 2 players leaving.

2e29f2a5dd873b80be2a2b24ecd79a5d.png

Dieng will be a big miss to our team having been a standout player for the previous 2 seasons playing at CDM however I have a decent replacement for him. The other player to leave had recently became 3rd choice at lb and was no longer needed. A few other players got released but they don't seem to show on this screen but no-one who really got any real significant game time under me.

a96650dc4ec192c3d3326154c9bd6a31.png

I've been blown away by our performances so far this season getting much further than I expected in both European competitions giving a good account of ourselves against Slovan Bratislava in 3 of the 4 games against them. This run gave a good boost to our finances pushing us to nearly £2.5 mil in the bank. In amongst the European games we had some friendlies against some easy teams which I'm happy to have won fairly comfortably to get more match fitness before the start of the season.

In the league we have had a solid start winning 2 from 2 including a tough game against Tre Fiori who have been good so far this save against me. 

7 minutes ago, DazRTaylor said:

Great comeback win against Zalgiris.

Yh it was fantastic. I went into the games expecting to lose but after the 1st leg I was actually disappointed to not grab the win as we were much better so to win in the 2nd leg was a relief.

Youth Intake Day 2020

So the arguably the most important day of the season has come around with the latest batch bunch of youngsters arriving. At this point in the save there isn't any position that I'm looking for more so than any other and other than not really needing a striker, which ill still be happy with as can never have enough good strikers, anything would do.

3a78905e093f6182eaad40ca08339d83.png

78b7b751d00e1fff923e66d0bcf59e35.png

A "Golden Generation" which seems to occur quite often but this seems like a very good batch of players with a few who will be going into the first team from next season. All but the 4 players highlighted shall be signed to help fill out the youth team.

The star player is obviously Bollini who next season will likely start as my LW. Another Bollini looks decent and could become starting GK next year and striker Giorgetti looks like a useful option upfront

2019/2020 Season Review

Squad   League Table   Finances    Facilities   Tactics

Fixtures 1  Fixtures 2  Fixtures 3

We ended up winning our group quite comfortably and after starting with 10 league wins on the bounce it was actually disappointing to end up with 15 wins only but all that mattered was making it to the playoffs which we were never in danger of not making. In the playoffs it was 2 very close games which could have gone either way followed by an easy win in the final. I think we found the final much easier due to the large break between games allowing my players to get to full fitness where as our opponents had to play a game on the 23rd so had a few days less to recover. Europe was fantastic as I've already mentioned and it was nice to win the super cup for the 1st time out of my 3 attempts so far. The cup was disappointing to go out in the semis but I guess it will have to be something we aim for next year.

Our finances are in an excellent position at the moment and I'm saving up to try turn pro as soon as we can instead of spending it on youth/training facilities.

The whole squad performed well this year but there were 3 players who were crucial to our success. Basille came into the squad this year having replaced a player we had on loan last year and looked at home instantly. Getting 15 assists and 4 goals as a defensive winger is a fantastic contribution and for me would have been my player of the year if it weren't for how good our strikers were. Cimino and Tomassini were something else this year hitting 59 goals between them and many times winning us games on their own. My player of the year has to be Cimino having got more goals than his partner in the league and slightly more overall although it was close. Tomassini will be departing in the summer to Monza as we have a number of young strikers who have come through the academy that I want to give a chance, hopefully this wont prove to be a mistake but I think worst case scenario Cimino will be able to carry the goal scoring burden alone.

2020/2021 Aims:

-Win the cup

-Turn Pro

-Give more minutes to the youth products

cacf8408cdaab07e7b46b2b17c4bb729.png

If there is anything anyone wants to see whether it be a player or anything else let me know and ill get a screenshot for you

9339b2e4e27e522c7742cae745a6d3d9.png

After receiving prize money from the champions league I have finally managed to convince to board to get us to turn professional which is going to be a massive step. Based on the results in this years champions league and now this I'm getting more and more excited about this save. I never expected this would happen so quick so now the next step is to start building up the clubs facilities

Youth Intake 2021

3d3f245a6c7d3d0cb2613bb9a6352b18.png

f993510daa8c8581715aee72cdcb2aa9.png

This really does look like a golden generation to me. Whilst there isn't any immediate standout star like Bolini from last year there are a number of players in key positions that ive been looking for. The 2 that are likely to make the biggest impact would be Zanotti who plays in a position I'm extremely light in having only 3 players in my 1st team that can play DM/CM at all and he is already pretty much on par with my starting DM and Ciacci who looks to be a fantastic striker for this level and should make a great defensive forward to support Cimino especially after I let our 2nd striker Tomassini leave and we have struggled to replace his goals as well as I thought I would.

I'm getting very tempted to release quite a few of the players at the club with low determination. It seems every time I check a players attributes their determination has dropped and I'm getting tired of it. There are a few that don't get the most games and with the latest intake will be completely out of the team so really no need to have them about anymore

Season Review 2020/2021

League Table  Squad  Finances  Transfers  Awards

We manages to win both our group and the playoffs to get ourselves champions league football yet again but we really didn't impress this season like we did last year and there were times I really didn't think we deserved to win games but we scraped our ways through. The big problem we had this year was finding a partner for Cimino in attack who could contribute like Tomassini did last year and as of writing this I'm yet to find someone I'm comfortable there. In Europe we were fantastic and were unlucky to draw Maribor as there were some much easier teams we could have faced and they were just to good for us but we gave them a good game. The domestic cups we were poor losing in the semis of the cup and losing the supercup which gives us something to aim for next year.

Financially we are in a very good position with near £3.5mil in the bank but that will take a hit over the next year id imagine with upgrades to facilities as well as us making the big step turning professional which will mean we start paying players an actual wage.

A quick run down of the squad this year and we had a couple players who pretty much carried the team in Bollini and Cimino and honestly without them this team would struggle I think a they came up with some big moments throughout the season. There will be a mini clear out this season as I've had enough of players losing determination due to others in the squad so I'm going to release those with poor determination unless they are key players such as Cimino.

fe740adc08cab0c360b1d39cfc85f438.png

Aims for next season:

-Sign my key players to long contracts

-Win the cup

Youth Intake 2022

88677b23f836f02ee9c5de77443166c7.png

This is a very good intake providing me with a couple players I really like the look of. I will only be signing those with 5* potential as the squad is getting massive now. The star of the intake is most definitely Ottaviani who looks to have a bit of everything that I could want.

2 minutes ago, Saltori said:

Pretty nice! I think you can get some Italian players too for boosting your squad level. Eager to see how San Marino NT is doing!

In regards to grabbing some Italian players I am trying to go youth only where possible now the foundations have been set. Depending how things go I may make a signing here or there and if I do the chances are they will be players from San Marino unless someone I cant pass up comes along. The only other signings I might make are players I make mistakes with by letting leave for example I the summer window I holiday'd for a week and I lost a couple players to others clubs as I thought I had given them pro contracts but hadn't luckily they weren't important players.

The national team is doing reasonably well managed to get 2 points in the latest qualifying campaign drawing with Kazakhstan and Slovakia. Nothing major as of yet but I think the next nations league they could do very well

Season Review 2021/2022

League Table  Squad  Awards  Finances  Transfers

What a season that was for us domestically. We completed a clean sweep this year which may be the 1st time I've managed it so far as the cup always gives me trouble. Up until mid February we were completely dominant winning every single game domestically and I honestly thought we may be able to go the whole season unbeaten if not with a perfect record but it was not meant to be. In the playoffs we were pushed close by Virtus twice which was worrying but we got through the games and I think it shows a lot about the fight of my players to be able to win games when not playing particularly well. In Europe we did well. If we forget the Ludogrets games we weren't out classed at all managing to beat Portadown and Slovan Bratislava(who beat us a couple years back) and against Maribor in the second game we showed we could compete with a little luck which shows great promise for the future.

The Finances took a massive hit this year but that's due to a upgrade to both the training and youth facilities that's going to cost £1.3mil and will probably be the last facility upgrades for a while so we don't drop into any debt.

My players of the year have to be my 2 strikers Cimino who had an amazing season breaking a few records in the process and Ciacci who proved to be an excellent partner for Cimino linking up well with him and getting goals when needed in crucial moments. At this point no teams are showing much of an interest in either of these which is fantastic as I don't know what we would do without Cimino who has been out main goal scorer the last 3 years.

c5e9f0cfd2c0dcdf1a98737b4cca5d52.png

Aims for next season:

-Repeat this season

6bbeaaff36d0720ccc5d52e617b53f1d.png

Erm WHAT? How? I have never seen my team play so well against a team I thought we would lose to. BATE haven't been great this season losing to Debrecen in the champions league 1st qualifying and also losing a game to Cork earlier in the Euro cup but come on 6-1 I never saw that coming.

Youth Intake 2023

ec174b0f25cd91e48a85eee9ddcd4a5c.png

Well hello De Gennaro where have you come from. He is far and away the best player to have ever come out of the academy and is the best player at the club. Not sure where he will end up playing for me as I've recently started playing a 3-4-3 so maybe his future lies as a outside cb at least he has the height for it. Maggioni looks like a good rm and is better than what we have at the club. Any other intake and he would be the star player but thus year is all about Gennaro.

Ill be signing all the players with 4* potential or above and anyone with a good personality

Season Review 2022/2023

Squad  League Table  Finances  Transfers

Fixtures 1  Fixtures 2  Fixtures 3

Going to keep it short this time. We completed another clean sweep domestically although not as convincing as last year we were still dominant. In Europe we made the group stages of the Euro Cup where we lost all 6 but had some close games and 1 not so close game. Transfers wise we let a few players go that were never going to make it here but would be helpful to other clubs and loaned out a player for the 1st time.

Our finances are good after the European money came in and we have invested in our youth and training facilities as well as upgrading our youth recruitment and junior coaching again this year.

In late January I made a tactical switch to a 3-4-3 as I had to find a way to get all 3 of my strikers playing as I couldn't drop any of them. Cimino was his usual excellent self but Ghiotti has came in and added another dimension to our team in attack and I now have 3 strikers who all score goals for fun. The only negative of this is that Bollini has had to move back from LW to LM but he is still shining there.

5a176207b2181ce2cae3d85fdc4d2650.png

Youth Intake 2024

789698153f9d373f39ab2e0dff90e48a.png

This isn't the best intake I've ever had especially in terms of strength in depth but I think that is largely due to how much the club has improved meaning players who would previously have came out as a 5* PA player are now only coming out as 4* or below. From this intake I'll only be signing the top 2 both of which will come in a be back ups to to starting players I their positions.

596e4bbf8f1854da1fc60542938b476e.png

A very decent looking RM who has a good personality which I really like and should help with his development. If he can improve his technical slightly mostly his dribbling, crossing and first touch combined with his already good physicals and height he could really be a bit of a monster at least in the league.

Season Review 2023/2024

Fixtures 1  Fixtures 2  Fixtures 3  Stadium Plans

Dominant. The only way to describe us this season domestically. I have got to give praise to Fiorentino for being the only team to take any points from us this season in a game we were 2-0 up within 5 mins and then got complacent. In Europe it was a fantastic run getting to the Champions League group stage and all the money that's came with it and as expected we got destroyed, the less said the better.

The champions league money has made our finances look amazing and some of that money has gone into a new stadium and facility upgrades. We also made money selling a player to Folgore this year who are the 2nd professional side in the country and I'm hoping they can push on now and win a couple games in Europe so they will be my preferred club to let players go on loan or permanently. Ill be tempted further down the line to possibly bank roll Folgore if they don't progress on their own but that is a long way down the line yet.

This season we had a new star player taking over from Cimino in Ghiotti who is just too good and managed to break goal and assist season records this year. In a way I'm sad that Cimino has been overtook as the leading striker and this season while his goal tally was high and actually his 2nd best season to date, they don't tell the whole story as he scored in patches this season at one point went something around 15 hours without a goal at which point he scored a hat trick.

61873f317a3e70794af5ca6d6e68c32c.png

Youth Intake 2025

9d8681cc52a103745c08110d1fac016f.png

A superb intake with 3 players with good potential one of whom in Celli who is much needed as we are short of good CBs and CBs in general really. The striker Lonfernini will be signed as he has decent attributes for the league and will be a good backup player domestically.

c830906fab722dac46cfb267e50470a6.png

He is already one of our better cbs and looks like he can grow into a fantastic LCB. His only real weakness is his height but in a 3atb its not as big of a problem especially as his is playing next to a very tall CB

Season Review 2024/2025

A very good season on the whole after making more progress in Europe than ever before managing to get to the Europa league knockout stages before meeting Roma who were just too good for us to match. Domestically another clean sweep although we did lose a game to Folgore which is disappointing but doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things. Our finances still look very good and with TV money from the league aswell as league prize money rising every year I'm hopeful that other clubs have good finances to help them progress aswell.

The key players this year were Santi who dominated the midfield for us and is looking like a real good player, Maggioni who is fantastic down the RW and has stepped up a level since he got some competition for his place this year and Cimino who has bounced back it seems after I thought he was going to drop off performance wise he showed why he is the leading scorer of the club once again.

be45298b140422652d6409650d2c99bd.png

Youth Intake 2026

aabb882903e1027b26e78457cf658ce8.png

859bd6fe1e7247a33afbe1be7e0c00c8.png

On face value this looks like a very good intake and one I was happy about when I saw it as even after getting Celli last year we were still crying out for another cb to complete the last bit of the puzzle in defence so to see Canini I was over the moon but upon looking at him he is too short for where I wanted him to play. As the central cb 5"10 isn't tall enough and with both my outside cbs being very good already it gives me a bit of a dilemma. What he does have however is some really nice attributes with marking, decisions and positioning all 11 or above and are what I look for at the back add to that a good first touch, technique and not awful passing or composure he could make an excellent ball playing cb or even a dm but I have kind of moved away from using a cdm this season.

The gk in the intake is also 5"10 so is a no go unless he grows which I'm hopefully they both will which will be a big bit of help.

Season review 2025/2026

League Table  Squad  Awards  Finances  Transfers

Congratulations Cosmos for taking points from us this season meaning whilst we have gone unbeaten we couldn't quite get the 100% record I'm desperately seeking. Europe wise we made the champions league group stage once more where we lost every game once again but there was an improvement from our first appearance and should help improve our coefficient as well as our finances.

Ghiotti was magnificent this year and I wish he would accept my calls to play for San Marino as the sheer number of goals and assists he gets are invaluable. Santi might just be the best player at the club attribute wise with fantastic physicals to add to his good mentals and technical. 2 problems though, firstly he plays RM where I have another very good player so I'm having to play Santi as a LM and he isn't learning the position as quick as I would have hoped and secondly he is making noises about joining a bigger club and I cant seem to convince him to stay here which I have 2 years to do.

9aa2a055366c7b1de11b19de6280be6d.png

San Marino 2026

Table  Fixtures

My first year in charge of the national team was pretty successful with 5 wins, a draw and 3 losses. Picking up 10 points in our Nations league group was a good tally especially getting 4 point from Lithuania who topped the group, if we could have won one of the games against Moldova we would have topped the group but they were too much for us. I realised after the first Moldova game the tactics I use at club level weren't cutting it internationally so I've gone to a 442 ad its worked better I think.

I managed to convince Ghiotti to play for San Marino over Italy after a few attempts but am struggling to get Gennarro to come play for us and he would be key for us as a RB even though he has never played there for me at club level. Hopefully if we rise a little in the ranking and with some more pestering he will choose u

Youth Intake 2027

4204b139da2878d0ca7d192a23ed317a.png

1b700b9999e940a7e6e299f3d91245bd.png

This guy looks like he has the makings of a very good lb with mentals that are incredible for a 15 year old and his technicals are already almost at a good level. Physically he is quite good although id like a little more pace his strength is very good for someone of his height. He will now allow me to switch formation to a 442 which I have wanted to do recently.

Season Review 2026/2027

League Table  Squad  Awards  Transfers  Finances

Fixtures 1  Fixtures 2  Fixtures 3

We managed to complete yet another domestic clean sweep but we lost a game this year and the rest of the league is starting to make some progress and making us have to work a lot harder in games. We have been getting a lot more 1/2-0 wins when we would previously win 4/5-0 which is a good thing as the league improving is going to help San Marino improve as a country and will help my team in Europe as we will be playing better quality teams more often now the majority of the league have turned professional. In Europe we were our standard selves managing to make the champions league group stage before losing every game again but progress is being made albeit very slowly and the money being brought in does really help.

Player of the season:

-Celli was amazing at the backing leading our team to only concede 8 goals in the league during the regular season and was a big part of why we won so many games.

Last season I added the Italian league structure to make it easier to loan and sell players that were no longer needed as well as help other teams in my league be able to sign a higher quality of player. This has also meant more players eligible for San Marino are available as San Marino Calcio have now got players although they are currently in Serie D so hopefully they get promoted.

2e7d292c21038af96d68394d10c89be0.png

I cant believe it

9306d0089813a6d2499371f06aa00988.png

dec0c6e4f32a31454371953022237c18.png

We have made it to the European Championships!!!!!!!

Yes we got a bit lucky with the draw not getting a super team but both Greece and Serbia are around the top 35 and have some very good players, Hungary certainly aren't pushovers and Israel were not a bad team arguably one of the harder pot 4 teams there was available which lead to a very competitive group. To be honest I didn't think we would be able to qualify as I presumed Serbia would beat us in the second fixture but we held out and scored late after a little bit of luck throughout the game.

For the friendlies I rotated quite heavily to give different players a chance and make sure our key players were fit for the qualifiers and I'm sure had our full 11 been out in all 3 we would have done better in them but they don't really matter.

For the tournament ill do a full starting line-up review before the 1st game and in terms of my expectations for it I'd highly presume we will go out in the group stage but you never know.

1 hour ago, Theodlard said:

Sorry to hear that, was enjoying your run in San Marino

I may be back at some point but I had started to lose motivation for the save and updating in here felt like a chore. Ive started a new save for now but ill likely return to my La Fiorita save at some point

• 6 months later...

For anyone that was following this previously I picked the save back up and have played through to 2040. To get myself back into the save tho I started making some transfers to help make us somewhat competitive and have managed to win a few europa leagues and have reached a champions league final this season with a squad made up of nearly all youth products and 2/3 signings to round the team off. National team wise I got upto the top 50 and am so close to making a serious breakthrough and becoming a nation that can qualify for tournaments consistently if I could only convince 2 players to play for us over Italy. They are players in positions that im desperate for help in aswell so would instantly make us much better

Archived