FM18 beta - What formation(s) are you using?

On 11/8/2017 at 18:04, Neil_Roberts said:

I'm training him in the role as he's not fully suited to it apparently!  I don't use any OI's. I play Lukaku on his own up front as a target man and he's rubbish normally.

image.png.0b019fd7bfe21419aa9b8ffa325dbd50.png

How is Lindelof playing? I am playing Jones as my first choice and he is still improving at the age of 26! Lindelof sucks at heading so I'm going to sell him in summer.

1 hour ago, 98765431 said:

How is Lindelof playing? I am playing Jones as my first choice and he is still improving at the age of 26! Lindelof sucks at heading so I'm going to sell him in summer.

He's been decent for me, but Laporte and Bailly are my starters.

59 minutes ago, roggiotis said:

@98765431

what happened to no 2 ?

7 minutes ago, Neil_Roberts said:

He's been decent for me, but Laporte and Bailly are my starters.

He missed some lob passes and key headers which led to goals. Maybe I'm just not a fan of him especially after seeing how he plays in real life, so actually I didn't play Lindelof much. On the opposite I'm a big fan of Jones haha.

On 8/11/2017 at 11:04, Neil_Roberts said:

I'm training him in the role as he's not fully suited to it apparently!  I don't use any OI's. I play Lukaku on his own up front as a target man and he's rubbish normally.

image.png.0b019fd7bfe21419aa9b8ffa325dbd50.png

Super, thanks for the answers! Is there any other players with player instructions, or is it just The False Nine? 

44 minutes ago, Neil_Roberts said:

Forgot to say - I always skip the pre-match briefing.

Thanks mate! Will try the tactic out and see if it works for me :)
What about your 3-5-1-1, aren't you using that anymore or? (Always been a fan of 3 at the back tactics, so just asking out of curiosity)

1 hour ago, niklas1907 said:

Thanks mate! Will try the tactic out and see if it works for me :)
What about your 3-5-1-1, aren't you using that anymore or? (Always been a fan of 3 at the back tactics, so just asking out of curiosity)

Not used it since I switched to the 4 at the back. Might go back to it at some stage.

On 11/9/2017 at 18:43, 98765431 said:

He missed some lob passes and key headers which led to goals. Maybe I'm just not a fan of him especially after seeing how he plays in real life, so actually I didn't play Lindelof much. On the opposite I'm a big fan of Jones haha.

image.thumb.png.e81919b750003c666ffdc88c0134d7fb.png

:lol:

On 08/11/2017 at 09:10, AdaManager said:

I'm having some luck with this at the moment. Sometimes get a bit overloaded in the middle but is working well in the prem so far.

Screenshot (15).png

I'd love to see the instructions you have on the players and team

Started of with a 4-2-3-1 of sorts but had no luck at all. Ended up with 4-2-2 and doing quite well with Millwall. Just wanted to ask a amateur question. How long does it take to train a player in a certain role? I have Aiden O'Brien who I want to convert to a Treqartista (he is yellow in the circle that shows adaptibility). I have put him on training in that role,

On 17/11/2017 at 21:52, nick1408 said:

I'd love to see the instructions you have on the players and team

Team:

• Play out of defence
  • Work Ball into box
  • Exploit middle
  • Play narrower
  • Push Higher up
  • Use offside
  • Much higher tempo
  • Prevent short GK Dist
  • With Standard, and Flexible

Player:

IWBs - Shoot less (mainly because the fullbacks I have can't finish, if they could I might take this off as IWBs sometimes get into good goalscoring positions on the edge of the box) + Dribble less 

HB - Close down much less (this is to ensure he keeps his position while the IWBs run back into position after an attack)

RW - Mark tighter

ST - Shoot more often, Close down more

I have noticed we don't play that well against teams with 2 strikers sometimes, and I often tweak the instructions during the game

Archived