Longest Time Unemployed

A couple of people may have seen a post I put on here a week or so ago...

I finished my 6th season in charge of a club (At the end of the 2021/2022 season) and decided it was time to move on. In January 2022, I agreed a deal to join a Welsh team in the Welsh Premier League at the end of the season. That team got relegated. Therefore, I took over on May 8th 2022, and was sacked by default as the league they were relegated to wasn't playable, on June 25th 2022. Yep, I lasted a whole 6 and a half weeks! I'm now on August 22nd 2022 and despite having a few interviews, I haven't found a new team yet, 

I did get a job offer that I would have been really happy with, however they were only prepared to offer me a contract of just over half of what I had previously been earning, so I said no. If I do find a team, I won't have any time left to do transfers now, which makes it more interesting in a way, however this led me to wonder:

What is the longest you've been without a job? Have you ever been in a similar situation? At what point in the season have you still been without a job?

Interested to hear other peoples experiences.

One year 2017/18 season I made the stupid mistake of waiting until the near the end of the window before resigning if I had done it straight after probably wouldn't have been that long seeing it was a world cup year and there was a lot of managers on the move

5 hours ago, Pompey1978 said:

Interested to know your reasons for turning the job down based on the salary offered? Do you role-play the game that seriously?

Yep, always play it as if I was actually doing the job in real life.

On 02/10/2017 at 21:23, David_H1997 said:

Yep, always play it as if I was actually doing the job in real life.

I can relate to this as I turned down the Czech Republic job based on the wages their FA offered me, despite the team being as good, potential wise, as the team I eventually took over, Holland.

I don't come cheap. 😁

Archived