What's the point of fitness training?

Aside from injuring players. If I get 4-5 injuries in a week and a half, and the week was with an average intensity, coming out of a winter break when I should supposedly be doing fitness training, is there really any point?

I have all the right staff & I get loads of injuries - I mean 4-5 each week ! - I think maybe leave Training average on balanced during the season ??

The best one just now was 7-8 months with a serious viral infection - anyone had this? - I mean bloudy ell

• Administrators

Yeah hover over fitness training to get a more accurate description of what it means. Personally I think relabelling it 'Physical' would probably make it a bit clearer that it improves player strength, natural fitness and other physical attributes. 

3 hours ago, nextqprmanager said:

I have all the right staff & I get loads of injuries - I mean 4-5 each week ! - I think maybe leave Training average on balanced during the season ??

The best one just now was 7-8 months with a serious viral infection - anyone had this? - I mean bloudy ell

Well a serious viral infection won't have anything to do with fitness training will it?

The thing is I was under the impression, and I'm not sure whether the game played a part in this, that fitness training better prepares players for returning to football action. Didn't think all it did was improve physical attributes. Thought there was hidden stuff in play. Is returning from breaks the worst time to do it? Don't think I'll touch it again.

As for the serious viral infection, I wouldn't be surprised if it's still related as chances of injuries are increased in general. I don't trust things to be designed that well so I tend not to read much into the type of injuries.

I think there should actually be a seperate "mechanic" for preseason training, as it stands this is not mirrored well in the game. I know there is enough micro-management in the game as is, but i would not mind a pre-season mechanic where you would actually have to balance 1) Fitness, 2) Individual Player Work, 3) Tactics and 4) Games. There should be a pro&con for different approaches.

• SI Staff
4 minutes ago, Marinho said:

I think there should actually be a seperate "mechanic" for preseason training, as it stands this is not mirrored well in the game. I know there is enough micro-management in the game as is, but i would not mind a pre-season mechanic where you would actually have to balance 1) Fitness, 2) Individual Player Work, 3) Tactics and 4) Games. There should be a pro&con for different approaches.

https://community.sigames.com/forum/353-football-manager-feature-requests/

By the way, there is a press/conference response referring to fitness training supposedly carrying teams through tough stretches. It reinforces the misconception I may have picked up from elsewhere, along with players seemingly having a harder time in pre-play periods even with decent match sharpness (?), that fitness training actually carries over into seasonal play somehow rather than just focusing on the physical attributes and injuring your players.

Archived