BLUE MATTER 433 FM17.3.1 Knap

I try not to use OIs so none in this case. AM for training press team talks.

The tactic works with Ebbsfleet which is 6th tier, as I kike to do a quick test in LL.

I used to play with Bournemouth, i had a game against Chelsea and i read here to switch against bigger teams to standard mentality and i won 4:5. That tactic has huge potential even with low-table teams, great job Knap!

As I tested with Arsenal, changing mentality with a smaller club is logical. The ultimate is to drop to contain and see if a big turnover can be made.

8 hours ago, knap said:

As I tested with Arsenal, changing mentality with a smaller club is logical. The ultimate is to drop to contain and see if a big turnover can be made.

Not huge giantkilling really but my Tranmere side beat Sunderland 5-1 in The EFL Cup. Everton in the next round.

Oh man, I must say that I am pretty impressed with this tactic.

I started using it at the beginning of the season.

I let my assistant manager ( who isn't that good because i can't afford to get a good one ) take care of individual player training.

The only thing he is good at is motivation talks, i let him take care of it coz he has high motivating.

My players are really bad, media prediction 12th! 

Currently first place, JUST BEAT GALATASARAY ! AWAY !!! and made it to Quarter Final in Turkish Cup.

Loving it.

Not using any OIs

The training I used until formation is fulled jelled in is.

General

Main focus = team cohesion  intensity average scheduling, ball is on the third line with rest after the match day

Match prep = main focus is match tactics 

after tactic familiarity is full 

I switched general main focus to balanced and average and move that ball on the fourth line

and match prep focus to att. movement.

If you have any questions please ask.

Enjoy it all.

games1.png

table.png

Absolutely insane! I think I just broke the game or something...

Amazing job man, you just broke the game... or i did... somehow.

I don't wanna continue with my current team tho, i am hoping to get a better job offer from a big team... haha

End of season results, 37 goals... from a guy with 11 finishing

Second best scorer 17 finishing and good pace so he played as a right striker, enes played up in the front, middle.

dangwww.png

goals.png

2 hours ago, Wecantstopwewontstop said:

Absolutely insane! I think I just broke the game or something...

Amazing job man, you just broke the game... or i did... somehow.

I don't wanna continue with my current team tho, i am hoping to get a better job offer from a big team... haha

End of season results, 37 goals... from a guy with 11 finishing

Second best scorer 17 finishing and good pace so he played as a right striker, enes played up in the front, middle.

dangwww.png

goals.png

u play the tactic in attack or standard?

Piaz88 use contain against bigger clubs, other option against stronger teams is standard mentality. Otherwise play with attacking mentality against equal or weaker teams. It's all up how your team will react using different mentality, sometimes i don't change it and i win. So use it wisely and have fun!

5 hours ago, Piaz88 said:

u play the tactic in attack or standard?

I played attack no matter who it was against me.

I don't like to back up just because I think or the game think that the other team is better than me, then you surely are going to get owned.

I started every single game in attack but let's say i am winning and my players are really tired and it's 1-0 then I will switch to balanced or counter attack to make sure I am going to get the win.

For testing and often in LL, when I am still leaning about the players, I use quick pick,

In general I prefer a defensive MC paired with attacking MC. With a 3 in Midfield a would use your creative midfielder at CM At with more defensive minded high work rate MCs either side as they need to cover WBs but also need to be providers.

I will add a screenshot of a normal 3 in Midfield Ozil Ramsey Coquelin

58e8d9c7ca808_Arsenal_Overview-10.thumb.png.564f124f9890ebb662e35e1dcad29d5a.png

I've always just used the tactic I've used all season. If its got the team to final why change. Sometimes over 2 legs I may try contain if 1st leg away. I do try to SUS a bit earlier than normal against big teams if I have a good lead. 

Mr. Knap, thank you for your efforts on this - great work. I'm trying to figure out the type of strikers needed for this tactic. 

My initial assumptions: 

DLF = creative striker (good vision + passing)

CF = strong striker (strong + heading) 

AF = the fast poacher kind of guy (speed + finishing) 

Is this correct interpreted? 

Thank you. 

1 hour ago, knap said:

I've always just used the tactic I've used all season. If its got the team to final why change. Sometimes over 2 legs I may try contain if 1st leg away. I do try to SUS a bit earlier than normal against big teams if I have a good lead. 

Knap what does your AM normally set as the match prep when you opt for him to control it?

DLF = creative striker (good vision + passing)

CF = strong striker (strong + heading) 

AF = the fast poacher kind of guy (speed + finishing)

Fair interpretation although AMR/L ST players should work at DLF and CF

The AM setting will depend on next opposition, with Arsenal it will be a lot of attacking movement, it is a minor boost and I cannot see a way of testing.

Hi Knap, great stuff as always.  Something you might be interested in although not sure how it will run long term.  Tried your attacking tactic and it was great going forward but ended up with a 3-3 away at Southampton and a 4-4 at home to Everton.  Loved the football and I like to use wing backs so tried to see if I could make it a tad better defensively.  So just tweaked it to a 4132 by dragging the AF back to the DM position as an Anchor-man and added mark tighter and tackle harder.  Also took off "dribble more" on the CM S and BBM because the likes of Noble, Obiang and Nordveit aren't the best running with the ball.  Left everything else the same and have had a couple of cracking results.  Early days but hopeful.  Great thing is Antonio has got 5 in 5 and he isn't even a striker but having to play him due to injuries.  Three of them have been fantastic headers so keeping my fingers crossed that this might be a good formation and role for Carroll once he is back.

Might add dribble more on the CM A as Lanzini is more that sort of player but might try that in match if the original isn't working.

Tactic.jpg

A v Dinamo.jpg

A v Leicester.jpg

A v Stoke.jpg

27 minutes ago, sebast83 said:

Do you have a link of your tactics please

What mine?  I'll add it if Knap's ok with it because it's his thread.  You can just adjust his accordingly though as I mentioned the mere three changes to Knap's standard tactic anyway.

Archived