Dulwich Hamlet Academy Challenge - Champion Hill to Champions League!

You can see older players don't move much (your starting squad), most of them never got near their PA.

Young players with game time can improve fast, Joseph Udeh +20 in 1 season.

Would suggest the following CA rating for a good player at each level.

League 2 - 75

League 1 - 90

Championship - 105

Premier League - 120

England International - 140

World Class - 165+

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm persisting!

In League 2, lost in playoffs 2 years running, last season I was top with 5 games to go and only needed 4 points from my last 5 games, lost 4, won 1 to miss out on automatic promotion on goal difference. Winding me up big time.

Don't know if its because I've got a young team and they bottled it but something weird happened and its not that first time I've had a late season collapse.

Hard to be consistent in this years game.

Will do a proper update when i'm out of league 2..... hopefully this season!

On 4/6/2017 at 12:13, Mr U Rosler said:

Don't know if its because I've got a young team and they bottled it

I don't know the real reason, but it's not the quoted part. FM doesn't recognize "experience" as it exists in real life. If the mental attributes are right, even a 16-year old can outplay a 30-year old in clutch moments.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎4‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 12:50, Gareth Winter said:

Time for an update Mr Rosler :p

I see you have a new tactic and are in the Championship :)

I've stopped playing for a bit, back playing World of Warcraft for my sins :D

Yup, this challenge is a massive grind hence the enthusiasm for updating has somewhat disappeared :rolleyes:

The tactic that was working stopped working and I only avoided relegation on the last day of the season.

However a variant of it is now working again and i'm mid table in the Championship.

I've no chance of promotion at the moment and if I got it i'd be relegated immediately for sure.

I've produced and immediately lost 3 Premier League rated players (board accepting bids) a keeper, striker & centre back. I've been able to re-sign every player I've lost so far after they've spent 4 seasons rotting in an under 23 team somewhere, if/when I get these bad boys back on the books I should have a push at promotion and an outside chance of staying up in the Premier League.

My keeper has '4' aerial ability but as I've no one better he's played over 500 games for me :D getting ruined by corners & crosses etc..... its a form of torture.

I promise i'll update properly after this season. 

• 1 month later...

Anybody still grinding along with this challenge?

Before i stopped i did manage to reach League 1 but with my local Australian league kicking off i lost the time to play with preseason training. Looking to start over again as i now have a new computer and a little more free time.

593e7a7f2f676_IainWhite_Inbox.thumb.png.8a5891dcc7f09c2ccdd1d7566998fef3.png593e7a861a2b7_IainWhite_MyProfileProfile.thumb.png.21adc3a36184d0133983a2fe35318719.png593e7a7c720f7_DulwichHamlet_PlayersPlayers.thumb.png.c4e14e62fe67aa9844172df77b8ac60f.png

With the new load up i see a few familiar faces from the last attempt. Great to see Daniel Carr the goal machine i notice we have Dumebi Dumaka. I had him on one of my first saves on Fm17 and he also like a few goals. Quade Taylor also tied down to at least one more year will give me a solid foundation at the back with Paddy Kenny also on the books to add experience between the sticks!

I still have the save kicking about somewhere. I got a bit bored though and have started a LLM game with Stafford Rangers. Which i am enjoying :) Won the league and FA trophy first season and have reached the final again this season, along with the playoffs. Smashing it up :)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 26/07/2017 at 11:12, Mediocre_Jake said:

I just decided to start this challenge. Lost my only goalkeeper to Swindon. I am now forced to use a grey player, seeing as I can't sign anybody at all. This is torture already and it's only my first season.

Haha good luck, I got bored after season 8.

• 1 month later...

I got to the Championship twice with Dulwich Hamlet but got stuck there both times. 

As soon as I was even older than Roy Hodgson I decided it was unrealistic to carry on.

I've a great save going with Stockport County, fancied a change and they are my home town Club with decent facilities so its slightly easier.

Made it to the Championship in 11 seasons, stuck just outside the playoffs for 4 more seasons but i've a good young team and I expect to make it to the Premier League in the next 2 or 3 seasons.

What happens then, god only knows.

Still, the most fun way to play FM if you ask me.

Will definately reboot this for FM18, perhaps with a couple of tweaks to make it more fun and doable.

Best of luck to all of you on this amazing challenge!  

I'm also doing a Youth Academy Challenge in England, but I play with Kettering Town instead of Dulwich Hamlet.  So, I obviously won't be posting my updates here, but I am definitely enjoying reading all of your saves!  Definitely wanted to stop in and thank everyone for posting their updates!

Please keep up the great updates!

Archived