Rotherham? They'll... oh, who cares.

Bedese

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, oneronaldo said:

Well at least you can't accuse them of lacking commitment, needs some more Italian subtlety to their fouls though :D

My two Italian defenders were among the only ones not to get booked :lol: They definitely know what they're doing...

3 hours ago, Deisler26 said:

Oof. That'll be a blow.

Actually, I think losing Pantic for so long worked out pretty well.

We tried to replace him with Sebas Moyano, but we were scratching for form and not really going anywhere. Will Keane was useless as a loan striker, with just 2 goals in 12 games, and Iemmello wasn't faring much better. We switched to a 4-4-2/4-2-4 to get an underperforming Moyano out the team, and, well...

8d43b631d3d100e48d366d3f0180b09c.png

01e4cc2a9e7dc90fcb96f3b77b1135b5.png

There's still a long way to go, but 7th at this stage can only be considered a good thing when our target was to avoid relegation. We're starting to find our form with the 4-2-4. I'm still not entirely happy - we've had some close games and our defending is woeful at times - but it's going well.

Will Keane has gone from complete no-hoper to important first-teamer partnered alongside Pietro Iemmello. Jon Taylor has cooled down a little recently, but started the season on fire on the right, while Kazenga LuaLua has made that left wing spot his own. Joe Newell and Richard Smallwood are as reliable as ever in CM - likewise for Chris Mavinga at LB. Dominic Ball has recently won the starting CB spot from the underperforming Dael Fry/Sol Bamba and is playing very well alongside an impressive Gianluca Mancini, with Eldin Jakupovic doing a very solid job in goal for us.

dab9e62ce511dc9242c30123b1e4161d.png

085c7b33eef3f9c70d0230a75092feea.png

Onwards and upwards!

Here's how the season's gone so far:

d7ecb43edf199e958892441010039f17.png

It's a bit of a difference from the last two seasons, eh? :D 

We didn't start the season superbly, but we've been on absolute fire lately and have genuinely looked like a team good enough for promotion. Here's our results:

a491287fa11463eb54182ed18d9bb202.png
e800edd1f3e1dd4bae25acbf4f76a12e.png

I know our target was just to avoid relegation, but I'll be really disappointed if we don't get promoted this year. I'm not overly optimistic that we'll get promoted automatically, but one way or another, I want this side to be playing Premiership football next year.

Here's our best 11:

ca13ecbba6a8c8ce3f4df2a4a620701b.png

Iemmello and Keane have been a superb tandem upfront - Iemmello has 12 goals and 9 assists in 21 starts, and Keane has 11 goals and 6 assists in 23 starts.

Taylor has been a lot better than I expected on the wing, with a staggering 9 goals as well as 8 assists. LuaLua has been less consistent on the other wing, but he's just about fighting off Danny Ward for that starting spot.

Joe Newell is as good as ever, and while Richard Smallwood hasn't been quite as good as last year, he's still doing the business for us as our BWM.

Look at that back five. Superb. Every single one of them.

This squad could get promotion, you know...

EDIT: Oh, and we beat Bury 1-0 in the FA Cup to set up a Fourth Round tie with Colchester.

4 minutes ago, BoxToBox said:

You'll get a nosebleed!

Hell of a lot of games you've put 3, 4 and 5 past someone, massive progress from last season.

From no-hopers to top scorers in the division. I'm thinking of starting The Cult of Will Keane - will you care to join us?

15 minutes ago, Jupjamie said:

From no-hopers to top scorers in the division. I'm thinking of starting The Cult of Will Keane - will you care to join us?

I've been in worse groups, and spent a lot time hoping for WIll Keane to become great, it seems the natural conclusion....

b7d06cc3c7ef0bff2e0c0fc46a02229d.png

Not ideal, but this is the perfect time for an international break, I suppose. We drew with Norwich thanks to a 30 yarder in the last 10 minutes from Kazenga LuaLua after an early Dominic Ball own goal - but Forest lost in the last minute, which puts us 3 points clear at the top. Here's the table:

a615e6f49ae69425adea147371258eee.png

Will Keane was hurt, meaning Danny Ward had to step up into a starting role.

90cc209b2396fc843901e9417ba9229b.png

I guess that'll do.

Ward had just 3 goals in the entire season before today. He's just put four past Reading. He also got hurt, but oh well. Danny Ward - you're an absolute hero.

Jon Taylor is out for 4-5 weeks, and Ward and Mavinga are going to have to pass late fitness checks to make the last game of the season. 

6f12ab4d30be29ea11a3723aa97c10c1.png

One last thing. Our final game of the season? 

It's against Sunderland.

7f33051d14c1e544aaf16ecb064cbfb6.png

"Jon Taylor and Kazenga LuaLua miss out for Rotherham, which means that Demetri Mitchell - who's made just 2 starts this season - gets the nod for Rotherham on the right. Richard Smallwood has just returned from a 3 game suspension, but he can only earn a place on the bench, with Jorge Pereira holding onto his spot at CM."

"For Sunderland, Milan Djuric starts upfront - the 6'6 striker has pedigree, but makes just his 6th start for Sunderland since joining in January. Fabio Borini - already with 20 goals to his name this season - misses out through injury, opening the door for Djuric."

article-2311535-1314AC14000005DC-492_634x349.jpg

"DEMITRI MITCHELL HAS SCORED FOR ROTHERHAM!"

"Mitchell has spent the entire year not even being a part of the matchday squad - but injuries have forced him into the lineup, and there's no better way to repay the favour! Will Keane slides the ball through, and Mitchell hammers it into the top corner beautifully. Rotherham lead!"

Image result for soccer saturday

"Half time in the Championship. Rotherham still lead Sunderland by a goal to nil, whilst Middlesbrough are being held to a draw at Huddersfield. If things stay the same, Rotherham will clinch the title, and rivals Sunderland will be joining them in the top flight next season!"

Archived