"Wing"ing it in Asia...

Raware

On 12/25/2016 at 17:41, DodgeeD said:

Nice to see you back in Asia @Raware though it's a shame to hear about the financial issues/bug. I recall when I played in HK on my journeymen career several FMs back, I was forever in debt... Same when I tried India - I just figured it was an issue playing in a small league in a country where everyone cares only for Premier League football and La Liga!

Thanks @DodgeeD :thup:.  It's been a few seasons since I played in the Asian leagues and it's surprising how much things and teams have changed!  I'm hopeful that in a few more seasons, if the reputation of the league and country increases and if I can do relatively well in the Champions League, the finances might improve...might! 

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wing Yee - Pre-Season 2021/22

C2Pr8AR.png

League expectation

Hong Kong Premier League : Board expectation - Top half position : Media expectation - 4th (out of 11)

Cup expectations

Hong Kong Community Cup : Not important

Hong Kong Senior Shield : Not important

Hong Kong League Cup : Not important

Hong Kong FA Cup : Not important

Hong Kong-Shanghai Interport Club Championship : Not important

Asian Champions League : 2nd Preliminary round

Transfer budget : £0k (last season £0k)

Wage budget : £8.75k p/w (last season £6.5k)

Current wage bill : £7k p/w (last season £6k)

Season tickets sold : 0 (+0 from last season)

My views for the season ahead… : After last seasons fantastic performances which saw us make a clean sweep of domestic trophies which included winning the Hong Kong Premier League for the first time in the clubs history, I was expecting the board to at least be wanting us to challenge for similar honours this season.  But they aren’t…they’re expecting a top half finish from us this season while the media are predicting us to finish 4th.  The board are not considering the cup competitions important this season while they’re not expecting us to get past the preliminary rounds in the Champions League which is great for us as it keeps the pressure off us again.

Cracking read this considering the financial problems you have but it does tend to be a theme in Asia, as for as I remember there's only ever China and South Korea where you can make money without selling players, obviously that is pretty hard for you to do unless you get at a stage where you get back in the black and can improve youth coaching and the like with this type of save :(  It's a shame it's like this on FM because i've loved every Asian save i've done but after 4/5 seasons I end up moving because I get too wound up with the finances, not even like I ever need a massive balance but a realistic one would be nice

15 hours ago, Dexter_Morgan said:

Cracking read this considering the financial problems you have but it does tend to be a theme in Asia, as for as I remember there's only ever China and South Korea where you can make money without selling players, obviously that is pretty hard for you to do unless you get at a stage where you get back in the black and can improve youth coaching and the like with this type of save :(  It's a shame it's like this on FM because i've loved every Asian save i've done but after 4/5 seasons I end up moving because I get too wound up with the finances, not even like I ever need a massive balance but a realistic one would be nice

Thanks @Dexter Morgan.  I've played a lot of saves on FM in Asia in the past and finances have always been an issue, apart from as you say, excluding China or South Korea.  It's always been difficult to 'make money', however the issues I've experienced so far in the Hong Kong league is something that I've not experienced or maybe not noticed before.  Of course the money isn't there in the smaller leagues, especially the smaller leagues of Asia but as I've found out, Hong Kong has been so poorly researched and so poorly implemented in the game (no season ticket rises, team names, etc) that it does make the longevity of a save in smaller ranked Asian leagues difficult.  It leaves no room for progression, even on a tiny scale as there is no growth for the club.  The only hope I have is to continue playing and hope that we either get a tycoon :) or that we, somehow do well in the Champions League (or we get an amazing youth player come through the ranks that I can sell for millions! :)).

Having said all that though, in a strange, sadistic way, I am actually enjoying the 'problems' that the financial issues bring to the save as it does make it difficult which is always the challenge I like in FM, especially when I'm only relying on youth :).

Wing Yee - Youth Intake 2021/22

C2Pr8AR.png

16 players once again joined us on trial hoping to secure contracts with us and out of those players, 9 youngsters were offered terms this season as Hung Wai Lok (22A), Cheung Chi Wai (22B), Cheung Ka Wai (22D), Wong Man Kit (22E), Chris Savage (22G), Chan Chung Pan (22I), Wong Chun Lam (22K), Chan Ka Ho (22N) and Chow Chi Wai (22O) all join us on deals.

Cheung Chi Wai (22B), Wong Chun Lam (22K) and Chan Ka Ho (22N) all look as if they have very exciting futures and could make the step up to the first team in the near future, but it’s Chris Savage (22G) that I’m excited about as not only does he have both the current ability and potential ability to make an impact on the first team, but he’s also a youth product that is English which is encouraging for us as we’re now obviously recruiting from further a field (plus it could mean that I may have a chance of getting an in game son in the future…or maybe not!)

Wing Yee - Season Review 2021/22

C2Pr8AR.png

Hong Kong Premier League/Hong Kong Premier League progress/Hong Kong Premier League fixtures : After last seasons heroics, we followed that up by going unbeaten all season to win the league and retain our title by 13 points :D.

Hong Kong Community Cup : A goal fest to mark the opening of the season saw 8 goals between ourselves and Kitchee as we beat them 5-3 to claim the Community Cup for the 3rd time in 5 years.

Hong Kong Senior Shield : We failed to defend the Senior Shield as we went out to Yuen Long on penalties after drawing 1-1.

Hong Kong League Cup/Hong Kong League Cup Group A : A fairly straight forward route to the final saw us avoid the big teams like Kitchee and South China as we beat Eastern 3-1 in the final to win the League Cup for a 2nd successive year.

Hong Kong FA Cup : We couldn’t defend the FA Cup for a 3rd successful season as Kitchee beat 1-0 in the semi final as they went on to claim the trophy.

Hong Kong-Shanghai Interport Club Championship : As winners of the league last season, we got to play the winners of the Chinese Super League in the Hong Kong-Shanghai Interport Club Championship.  We were lucky to keep Shanggang down to 3 goals in each leg as they beat us 6-1 on aggregate.

Asian Champions League/Asian Champions League Group F : We somehow made it through the preliminary rounds after beating Muangthong Utd and Chinese Super League outfit Shandong to qualify for the group stage for just the 2nd time ever.  While we were never going to qualify from the group stage after being put in the same group as Guangzhou, Pohang and Buriram Utd, we did manage to pick up 2 wins and a draw which was pleasing in itself!

Squad : The squad of players had another great season as Adam Tse broke all sorts of records by scoring the most amount of goals in a season for the club, the most amount of league goals in a season and also notched his 50th league goal for the club, taking him to just one off the record held by Detinho who scored 51 goals for the club.  Kan Tsz Him also had a season to remember as he scored 15 goals in all competitions whilst also claiming the Hong Kong Fans’ Player of the Year award and the Hong Kong Players’ Player of the Year award.

Under 18’s : It was a great season for the under 18 squad too as they won the Under 18 league for the first time in the clubs history.

Finances : Looking very worrying now as we’re nearly £800k in debt L.

My views of the season… : While we couldn’t repeat the heroics of last season by winning the domestic clean sweep again, I do actually think that this season was more successful than last season despite not as many competition wins as not only did we manage to go the whole league season undefeated, we managed to beat a massive club like Shandong in the Asian Champions League preliminary rounds to qualify for the Asian Champions League group stage for just the 2nd time.

My aims for next season… : It’s clear that the board don’t value the domestic cups anymore but I’m sure they and the fans will be expecting us to make a challenge for the title again next season.  It’ll be tough, but maybe we can qualify for the Asian Champions League group stage again too.

Career Summary

Season     Team          League                Position     Community  	    Senior 	      League	        FA 	         Asian	  	      
							      Cup	    Shield             Cup	        Cup		 Champions League
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2017/18    Wing Yee    	 HK Premier League     	 5th             -	       -		 -	        Semi Final             -  
2018/19	   Wing Yee	 HK Premier League	 2nd  	    Winners	    Winners	      Semi Final        Semi Final	 East Playoff	         
2019/20	   Wing Yee	 HK Premier League	 2nd	    Runners up      Semi Final	      Semi Final	Winners		 Group stage
2020/21    Wing Yee	 HK Premier League	 1st	    Winners	    Winners	      Winners	        Winners	         East Playoff
2021/22    Wing Yee	 HK Premier League	 1st	    Winners	    Semi Final	      Winners		Semi Final	 Group stage 

Trophy Cabinet

Premier League			-	2020/21, 2021/22
Premier League Playoff		-	2017/18, 2018/19, 2019/20
Community Cup			-	2018/19, 2020/21, 2021/22
Senior Shield			-	2018/19, 2020/21
FA Cup				-	2019/20, 2020/21
League Cup			-	2020/21, 2021/22

Some very welcome news during the summer break :)

ibpG5y2.png

Although a loan has been taken out and repayments will have to be made each month, at least  it straightens out our finances a little and gets us out of the red...

2CyhktC.png

...and although the new chairman said that there would be no investment at this stage...

IifrWM9.png

...I guess they changed their mind :)

Another piece of great news for us...

9gDgW5F.png

...hopefully this will be a sign of progression for the club :)

Hi,

I always like a good career update coming from Asia and/or focusing on youth development, so it has been an interesting read so far! KUTGW.

I understand that you cannot get any season ticket holders, but has your home gate reached levels comparable to those of your rivals? Have you checked whether it is actually attendance you are losing the most money on? I assume it is as your stadium is probably still way too big for you and that rent + match day expenses outweigh income, but it could be that you are just paying back big monthly fees on a loan...

IRL, many clubs like Wing Yee use any of multiple venues depending on the opponent, exactly to cut down on match day expenses when the expected attendance is low. I would really like to see alternative home venues in future versions of FM. I also once heard that the board can close stands to save on match day expenses, but I never saw the message myself. I do feel the game's finances are reflective of real life in Asia, as my board keeps injecting money to keep finances under control (as someone mentioned here earlier).

I can definitely sympathize with your struggles though as I am playing with Mohun Bagan AC, currently averaging an attendance of 30,000 in a 120,000 stadium and losing about 25 kEuro per home game... Prize money and regular cash injections from the board have stabilized our debt level at 800 kEuro, but I have no chance of getting any investments in our youth facilities, especially as we do not seem to be able to qualify for the ACL from India.

In FM11, you at least could play ridiculous amounts of friendlies against the other Kolkatta teams and make sufficient money to plug the gaps that would open up during the season...

Thanks @CRM2009 :thup:.  I too, like you, enjoy seeing an Asian save - especially one that focuses on youth.

As you can see from the finances and value of club excel sheet above, we're slowly increasing our average attendance but it's still some way off the likes of South China, Kitchee, Eastern and even Pegasus (HKG) who are all averaging 1,500 - 3,000 per game.  Obviously this has a big impact over the course of a season and does affect a clubs finances to some point as to whether they're able to make a profit or a loss in a season.  If we compare ourselves to the rest of the clubs in the league, out of the 11 teams in the Premier League, we're ranked 8th in average attendances.  We ground share with other teams at **** Kok Stadium which holds 6,664 which is massively too big for us and as you say, it does affect our overall income/outcome due to rent and match day expenses.  I have however, seen with my own eyes on numerous occasions the messages about closing stands to save on match day expenses.  Whether this helps us out a lot, I'm not sure as now the new chairman has taken out a loan to get us out of debt, we do have hefty repayments each month which makes it difficult to make a profit.  I suppose it's better than nothing though even if it is just a stand or two that is closed. 

Our biggest outgoings are wages, which is what you'd expect, but I guess my gripe is that with no real money coming into the club via season ticket sales, match day tickets or even prize money (which is however, reflective of football in Asia as you say), it does make it difficult to progress as a club.

Saying all that though, it does kind of, strangely, make things more interesting for this save as we're having to struggle to find the success.  This gives a certain determined outlook to the save and keeps me going in the fact that I'm constantly striving to try and build the club (as well as looking forward to the youth players that come through the ranks in the hope that I'll find a gem).

It'd be interesting to see how your save in India develops in comparison to mine so it'd be good to see a thread from you on here...if you have time of course :)

8 hours ago, Raware said:

It'd be interesting to see how your save in India develops in comparison to mine so it'd be good to see a thread from you on here...if you have time of course :)

That's something I have been considering, though my limited playing time would put quite some time between the updates. I'll give it another thought over the weekend following your encouragement :)

Reminiscing on my career through a thread here, would probably increase the pleasure I get from playing the game (counterbalancing the frustration over poor finances I currently get), but my previous attempts at writing up a career update on these pages have all been cut short by inexplicable game crashes (Djurgarden, Pro Patria). So I'm a bit afraid to jinx my current game.

I hope to finish my 4th season tonight and clinch my second I-league in the progress. After that, I'm releasing most of my non-academy players to cut my wage expense with a good 20%. It will be interesting to see whether we will remain a top team after that or drop back to mid-table obscurity like our rivals East Bengal and Mohammedan (who also seem to suffer from the burden that is the Salt Lake Stadium).

Btw: How is Happy Valley doing in your game? I once managed them for 10+ seasons on a version of CM and they since have a special place in my heart...

3 hours ago, CRM2009 said:

That's something I have been considering, though my limited playing time would put quite some time between the updates. I'll give it another thought over the weekend following your encouragement :)

Reminiscing on my career through a thread here, would probably increase the pleasure I get from playing the game (counterbalancing the frustration over poor finances I currently get), but my previous attempts at writing up a career update on these pages have all been cut short by inexplicable game crashes (Djurgarden, Pro Patria). So I'm a bit afraid to jinx my current game.

I hope to finish my 4th season tonight and clinch my second I-league in the progress. After that, I'm releasing most of my non-academy players to cut my wage expense with a good 20%. It will be interesting to see whether we will remain a top team after that or drop back to mid-table obscurity like our rivals East Bengal and Mohammedan (who also seem to suffer from the burden that is the Salt Lake Stadium).

Btw: How is Happy Valley doing in your game? I once managed them for 10+ seasons on a version of CM and they since have a special place in my heart...

I remember your Pro Patria save a few years ago as aswell as saves in Asia, I always enjoy Italian saves, mainly because of my love of Italian football back in the late 80's and 90's (partly due to Gazzetta Football Italia on Channel 4 with James Richardson :D).  It was a shame that it ended how it did but don't let those experiences put you off updating for your new save :thup:

I find that updating on here (regardless of the comments made on the thread, although it's always nice to receive words of encouragement :D) keeps me motivated to play the save and helps me both record my progress and increase the pleasure I have in looking back on how the save has gone.  Just somewhere to share the save and story really.

I've had a few saves in Asia which has seen me play in Hong Kong (as I used to live there).  I've previously played as Fukien and Happy Valley where I had decent success and was surprised to see how far they've fallen down the leagues in recent times.  Happy Valley were always a big-ish club even when I used to play at their ground in real life a few years ago so it's a shame to see them languishing so far down.  They're still struggling in this save and find themselves in the Third Division.  If I was able to play the add on leagues and play as far down as the Third Division, I'd take over at Happy Valley and try to restore them to their former glory :D

Wing Yee - Pre-Season 2022/23

C2Pr8AR.png

League expectation

Hong Kong Premier League : Board expectation - Top half position : Media expectation - 3rd (out of 11)

Cup expectations

Wage budget : £10k p/w (last season £8.75k)

Current wage bill : £8.25k p/w (last season £7k)

My views for the season ahead… : The new chairman has come into the club and is expecting a top half finish from us this season while the media are predicting us to finish 3rd.  Once again, the cup competitions that we’re competing in are not seen as important, except the Asian Champions League, where we’re not expected to progress past the 2nd preliminary round.

Our wage budget has been increased to £10k per week which will hopefully give us a bit of flexibility when offering new contracts to our existing players while once again, we have no transfer budget…not that it matters as I can’t make any signings in this youth only save. 

Good to see the wage budget increase, and the board takeover - not the best scenario but I guess it's better time now :) Obviously you are not allowed to sign foreign players but how's the other teams doing in your game currently? a) Are there any? and b) Are they wholly superior than HK locals like the start of the game?

Sidenote: There is a editor file on the workshop which goes down to Third Division and I am tempted to go for it (and coincidentally Happy Valley is also my go-to team), but the file doesn't say anything regarding changes in finance so I may have a little self-edit to do.

6 hours ago, a.panda said:

Good to see the wage budget increase, and the board takeover - not the best scenario but I guess it's better time now :) Obviously you are not allowed to sign foreign players but how's the other teams doing in your game currently? a) Are there any? and b) Are they wholly superior than HK locals like the start of the game?

Sidenote: There is a editor file on the workshop which goes down to Third Division and I am tempted to go for it (and coincidentally Happy Valley is also my go-to team), but the file doesn't say anything regarding changes in finance so I may have a little self-edit to do.

Not the best scenario as you say especially with the repayments of the loan as we're having to pay back £10k a month which is killing us.  But, again as you say, it'll do for now and at least it gives us a bit of flexibility when it comes to wages, contract offers and gave us the opportunity to improve junior coaching.  Hopefully we'll have the chance to improve our youth and training facilities in the future too which is really what we need if we're to progress as a club.  Whether that happens though, I'll have to wait and see I guess.

It seems like the other teams in the league like South China, Kitchee and Eastern (the big 3) are finally getting stronger and have actually dipped into the transfer market to acquire better quality players from abroad, especially from places like Nigeria, Cameroon and Ghana.  It can get a little frustrating for me seeing them sign these kind of players sometimes as in comparison to other players in the league, they are very good.  But that is one of the main reasons why I chose to play a youth only save, for the challenge that it brings.  It is actually quite encouraging to see our rivals signing these kind of players as it does offer competition to both us and the the rest of the league.  There's nothing worse than when there's no challenge and you end up walking the league and winning everything...eh @Jason the Yank :) :D

Wing Yee - Youth Intake 2022/23

C2Pr8AR.png

This years trialists saw Lau Ka Keung(23A), Dihloriso Kebatho (23B), Lam Chun Yin (23D), Lam Chi Wing (23G), Ip Siu Ki (23L), Chan Chun Yin (23O) and Wong Ka Wai (23P) all offered full time contracts as all 7 look as if they could have a bright future at the club, in particularly Lam Chun Yin (23D) and Chan Chun Yin (23O), who I’m told could be ready for first team action already, even at 15 years old! J.  Looks like that budget increase in junior coaching is paying off already J.

Wing Yee - Season Review 2022/23

C2Pr8AR.png

Hong Kong Premier League/Hong Kong Premier League progress/Hong Kong Premier League fixtures : The race for the league title was a lot closer this season after our undefeated season last year as Kitchee showed their intentions by topping the league for much of the season.  They just ran out of steam though, luckily for us, as we hit form at the right time as we won our remaining 3 games while they only took 2 points from a possible 9 to gift us a 3rd straight league title J.

Hong Kong Community Cup : The opening fixture of the season surprisingly went ahead as we were missing 10 players who were on international duty with Hong Kong.  However, the players that came in did us proud as we claimed our 4th community cup by beating Southern District 2-1.

Hong Kong Senior Shield : We did all of the hard work in the early rounds as we managed to beat both Kitchee and South China in extra time.  But we somehow failed to beat a poor Metro Gallery side in the semi final as they beat us 3-1 in extra time.

Hong Kong League Cup/Hong Kong League Cup Group B : A straight forward group stage saw us easily qualify from it as we beat Tai Po in the semi final and then South China in the final to win the League Cup for a 3rd straight year.

Hong Kong FA Cup : I chose to play a weaker team against Tai Po knowing that in the coming days after this fixture, we’d have a big game against another Asian team in the continental competition.  I still felt that the team was strong enough to beat Tai Po but I was obviously wrong as they easily beat us 2-0 in the quarter final.

Hong Kong-Shanghai Interport Club Championship : Same opponent as last year, same outcome as last year.  At least we kept the score down this time as they only scored 3 past us over the two legs.

Asian Champions League : I was hoping that we’d be able to make the group stage again this season but after beating Bhayangkara FC 1-0 in the East 2nd Preliminary Round and then drawing South Korean side Seoul, I knew it was going to be tough.  While that proved to be the case, I was pleased at how we played and how we managed to keep them down to just the 2 goals.  Every cloud though…as with this loss and with the Hong Kong Premier Leagues slight increase in reputation, it meant that we were put into the Asian Confederation Cup…

Asian Confederation Cup/Asian Confederation Cup Group H : With our elimination from the Asian Champions League, we were entered into the Asian Confederation Cup thanks to the Hong Kong Premier Leagues slight increase in reputation and was placed into group H alongside Yangon Utd, Ha Noi T&T and Boeung Ket.  Having beat past winners of the ACC in previous seasons when we played them in the ACL East Preliminary 2nd rounds (Persipura – 2019 and Muangthong Utd – 2022) I was fairly confident of us progressing in this competition.  We made easy work of qualifying from the group as we won 5 and drew 1 which set us up with Vietnamese side Binh Duong in the 2nd round.  We made hard work of it but we managed to beat them on penalties which puts us into the quarter final which will be played at the start of next season (as the majority of Asian competitions, the ACC and ACL included, run with the calendar year, January – December).

Squad : A fine season from the squad of players saw them once again pick up 3 trophies during the course of the season.  Much of that was down to Cheng Ming Fung (18P) who scored 20 goals in all competitions, taking him to 47 league goals for the club, just 10 off the club record broken recently by Adam Tse.  Talking of Adam Tse, he had a poor season in comparison with his recent seasons as he struggled to find the net and looks as if he could well be on the decline.  Again though, every cloud…as Wong Ho Man (19N) looks as if he’s more than ready to step into his Tse’s shoes as he scored 15 goals in just 19 appearances as his rating shot up to 3.5 stars.

Under 18’s : While the under 18’s couldn’t retain their title this season (probably because some of last seasons players made the move up to the senior squad this year), they do still look promising and there are a few players there that I feel could be ready to make the step up to the first team next season, in particularly Ip Siu Ki (23L) and Chan Chun Yin (23O).

Finances : Still in the red but after the takeover, the loan that was taken out and the cash injections, it’s not as bad as it was.  Hopefully, the new chairman can provide a few more cash injections in the future to boost our finances.

My views of the season… : Another good season for us saw us pick up the same 3 trophies as last season in the form of the Hong Kong Premier League, the Community Cup and the League Cup, although we couldn’t match last seasons performances in the Asian Champions League as we failed to get to the group stage (we did have a very tough draw against South Koreans side Seoul!).  It did come with a silver lining however in the form of competing in the Asian Confederation Cup which I feel we have a good chance in after defeating previous winners of the cup in the past few years.

My aims for next season… : The league seems to be getting more competitive once again with the likes of Kitchee, South China and Eastern all making some good signings this year so we’ll have to be at our best if we want to continue winning trophies.  We’re also into the Asian Confederation Cup quarter final which will be played next season so we have a good chance of trying to win it for the first time.

Career Summary

Season     Team          League                Position     Community  	    Senior 	      League	        FA 	         Asian	  	      
							      Cup	    Shield             Cup	        Cup		 Champions League
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2017/18    Wing Yee    	 HK Premier League     	 5th             -	       -		 -	        Semi Final             -  
2018/19	   Wing Yee	 HK Premier League	 2nd  	    Winners	    Winners	      Semi Final        Semi Final	 East Playoff	         
2019/20	   Wing Yee	 HK Premier League	 2nd	    Runners up      Semi Final	      Semi Final	Winners		 Group stage
2020/21    Wing Yee	 HK Premier League	 1st	    Winners	    Winners	      Winners	        Winners	         East Playoff
2021/22    Wing Yee	 HK Premier League	 1st	    Winners	    Semi Final	      Winners		Semi Final	 Group stage 
2022/23	   Wing Yee	 HK Premier League	 1st	    Winners	    Semi Final	      Winners		Quarter Final	 East Playoff

Trophy Cabinet

Premier League			-	2020/21, 2021/22, 2022/23
Premier League Playoff		-	2017/18, 2018/19, 2019/20
Community Cup			-	2018/19, 2020/21, 2021/22, 2022/23
Senior Shield			-	2018/19, 2020/21
FA Cup				-	2019/20, 2020/21
League Cup			-	2020/21, 2021/22, 2022/23

Facilities and Reputation

oVQ3EkL.png

Finances and value of club

1hbnXmF.png

As I'm well into the save now and players are starting to rack up the appearances for the club, I'll be introducing the "100+ appearances" club to keep a track on the players that have obviously, made 100 or more appearances for us :D

100+ appearances

Player				Appearances	Goals	Conceded	Season from - to	
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Adam Tse			131		57	-		2017 - present
Kan Tsz Him			114		26	-		2017 - present
Siu Ka Kit			112		5	-		2017 - present
Tong Chun Fai			107		10	-		2017 - present
Lee Kwok Kei			105		0	-		2017 - present
Cheng Ming Fung (18P)		100		47	-		2017 - present

Wing Yee - Pre-Season 2023/24

C2Pr8AR.png

League expectation

Hong Kong Premier League : Board expectation - Top half position : Media expectation - 3rd (out of 11)

Cup expectations

Asian Confederation Cup : Not important

Wage budget : £11k p/w (last season £10k)

Current wage bill : £10k p/w (last season £8.25k)

My views for the season ahead… : The media are once again predicting us to finish behind Kitchee and South China while the board are just wanting a top half finish.  Whether the lack of pressure in defending our title has any effect on how we or the likes of Kitchee and South China do, I’m not sure but I guess while the board aren’t demanding that we win everything, I’ll have more chance of staying safe in my job.

Kitchee, South China and Eastern all strengthened their squads last season with some good players and that was proven as all 3 beat us in the league last year.  If we’re going to continue to push for trophies and push teams like Kitchee, South China and Eastern then our players will obviously have to be at their best especially as there will be no strengthening of our squad from us, unless we get an amazing youth product come through the ranks.  We’ll be hoping that Cheng Ming Fung (18P) and Wong Ho Man (19N) can both have another good season of scoring goals and that they can continue to form what is looking like a good partnership if we’re to have any chance of retaining our title this season.

Another welcome cash injection came our way from our chairman halfway through the season...

HAb0Eri.png

...only for him to then be rumoured to be wanting to leave the club after just a year and a half at the club...

KZHnUEf.png

...then the rumours were confirmed as we've been placed in an embargo.  Hopefully it'll all go through and the new chairman will wipe our debts as reported :)

3dNVNDN.png

Wing Yee - Youth Intake 2023/24

C2Pr8AR.png

Not the greatest of youth intakes in comparison to previous years yet from a personal point of view, it’s probably my best EVER youth intake…EVER!!! I have a SON!!! J  After all of the years of playing CM/FM (over 25 years!)…I finally have a son!  And he looks like he has some potential too to be a good player for us J.  Obviously he was offered a full time, professional contract straight away and will probably go straight into the team…not that I’m biased or anything J.

Like I said, it wasn’t the greatest of youth intakes for us so only Lau Cheuk Yin (24E) and Hui Siu Man (24I) were offered contracts as well while the rest were released.

Wing Yee - Season Review 2023/24

C2Pr8AR.png

Hong Kong Premier League/Hong Kong Premier League progress/Hong Kong Premier League fixtures : A slow-ish start to the season saw us win just 3 of our opening 6 games, that included 2 losses against South China and surprisingly against Yau Tsim ****.  While normally we’d be able to recover from those losses, Kitchee had made a flying start to the season and that’s how they carried on for the rest of the season, beating us twice in the process as they went on to claim the title and leave us as runners up.

Hong Kong Premier League Playoff : For the first time in 3 years, we had to play in the Hong Kong Premier League Playoff to qualify for the Asian Champions League East 2nd Preliminary Round.  We beat Southern District in the semi final and then beat South China in the final meaning that once again we’ll be involved in the ACL next season J.

Hong Kong Community Cup : We went into the opening fixture looking to win the Community Cup for a 4th consecutive season but South China beat us on penalties after the game finished 2-2 in normal time. 

Hong Kong Senior Shield : We made up for last seasons poor performance in this competition as we beat South China 2-0 in the final to win the Senior Shield for a 3rd time.

Hong Kong League Cup/Hong Kong League Cup Group C : Again, we qualified easily from the group as we went on to beat Kitchee in the final to win the League Cup for a 4th straight year.

Hong Kong FA Cup : A tough route to the final saw us dispose of both South China and Kitchee as we beat Pegasus (HKG) to win our 3rd FA Cup.

Hong Kong-Shanghai Interport Club Championship : The usual story in this competition…same opposition…same result.

Asian Champions League : We managed to dispose of  Japanese side Okayama FC in the East 2nd Preliminary Round but couldn’t overcome tycoon owned Huaxia Xingfu in the East Playoff as they beat us 3-1, meaning that we were entered in to the Asian Confederation Cup.

Asian Confederation Cup/Asian Confederation Cup Group H : Because the majority of competitions in Asia run with the calendar year, January – December, the ACL and ACC included, it meant that we carried on last seasons ACC this season.  After beating Vietnamese side Binh Duong in the 2nd round last season, we were drawn against Riffa in the Quarter Final who we beat 6-3 on aggregate and then Jazeera (JOR) in the Semi Final who we beat 4-1 on aggregate which set us up in the final with Faisaly (JOR).  Thanks to goals from Cheng Ming Fung (18P), Wong Ho Man (19N), Lee Kwok Kei and Chan Chun Yin (23O), we won 4-0 to win our first ever Asian Confederation Cup J.

On to this season’s ACC, because of our defeat in the ACL East Playoff against Huaxia Xingfu, it meant that we were placed into the ACC again, giving us a chance to defend our title.  We were placed in group H again with Benfica (MAC), Boeung Ket and Tampines which saw us win all but one of the group games as we easily qualified from the group.  We then beat Hwaebul in the 2nd round which leaves us waiting to play our Quarter Final fixture next season against Bahrainian side Muharraq. 

Squad : Despite us failing to retain the league title, the squad of players still had a fantastic season, in particularly Wong Hon Man (19N) who smashed in an incredible 41 goals in 45 games!  His strike partner Cheng Ming Fung (18P) also had a good season as he scored 23 goals in 44 games while the ever impressive Kan Tsz Him continued to roll back the years as he claimed 20 assists at the age of 31.

Under 18’s : We didn’t have a great youth intake this season but that didn’t matter from a selfish point of view as it saw the emergence of my son Ryan Rawlings (24A) come through the ranks :D.  While normally, being just 15 years old, a new youth player would remain in the Under 18’s for a couple of seasons (unless they were an outstanding talent).  He’s obviously been fast tracked to the fist team…just because he’s my son…and I can :D.

The other two players that were offered youth contracts this season, Lau Cheuk Yin (24E) and Hui Siu Man (24I) will remain in the Under 18’s and look as if they could be decent prospects in the future.

Finances : The takeover was completed and the new owner injected £70k into the club but it still leaves us nearly £70k in debt.

My views of the season… : While we failed to retain the league title, we still managed to claim silverware in the form of the Senior Shield, the League Cup, the FA Cup and the Asian Confederation Cup :D.  Wong Ho Man (19N) had a great season for us as he broke the 40 goal mark for the season while Cheng Ming Fung (18P) became the clubs all time goal scorer as he notched his 58th goal for the club, over taking Adam Tse who scored 57 goals.  Not to mention the fact that I finally had a son (did I mention that?!) :D

My aims for next season… : While reclaiming the league title would be nice next season, Kitchee have obviously strengthened their squad and that was proven by the fact that they won the title this season without losing a game.  South China and Eastern have also both strengthened their squads so the league will be even more competitive next season.  We’re also into the Quarter Final of Asian Confederation Cup and a successful defence of that title or at least a semi final appearance would be nice.

Career Summary

Season     Team          League                Position     Community  	    Senior 	      League	        FA 	         Asian	  	  	Asian    
							      Cup	    Shield             Cup	        Cup		 Champions League	Conf. Cup
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2017/18    Wing Yee    	 HK Premier League     	 5th             -	       -		 -	        Semi Final             -  		   -
2018/19	   Wing Yee	 HK Premier League	 2nd  	    Winners	    Winners	      Semi Final        Semi Final	 East Playoff	           -
2019/20	   Wing Yee	 HK Premier League	 2nd	    Runners up      Semi Final	      Semi Final	Winners		 Group stage		   -
2020/21    Wing Yee	 HK Premier League	 1st	    Winners	    Winners	      Winners	        Winners	         East Playoff		   -
2021/22    Wing Yee	 HK Premier League	 1st	    Winners	    Semi Final	      Winners		Semi Final	 Group stage 		   -
2022/23	   Wing Yee	 HK Premier League	 1st	    Winners	    Semi Final	      Winners		Quarter Final	 East Playoff		   -	
2023/24	   Wing Yee	 HK Premier League	 2nd	    Runners up	    Winners	      Winners		Winners		 East Playoff		Winners

Trophy Cabinet

Premier League			-	2020/21, 2021/22, 2022/23
Premier League Playoff		-	2017/18, 2018/19, 2019/20, 2023/24
Community Cup			-	2018/19, 2020/21, 2021/22, 2022/23
Senior Shield			-	2018/19, 2020/21, 2023/24
FA Cup				-	2019/20, 2020/21, 2023/24
League Cup			-	2020/21, 2021/22, 2022/23, 2023/24
Asian Confederation Cup		-	2023/24

RyAMZRk.png

0llWa0s.png

100+ appearances

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Adam Tse			131		57	-		2017 - 2025
Kan Tsz Him			131		30	-		2017 - present
Siu Ka Kit			129		6	-		2017 - present
Lee Kwok Kei			123		0	-		2017 - present
Cheng Ming Fung (18P)		118		58	-		2017 - present
Lo Wai Chung			110		12	-		2017 - present
Tong Chun Fai			107		10	-		2017 - 2025
Lai Ho Yin			104		11	-		2017 - present

Wing Yee - Pre-Season 2024/25

C2Pr8AR.png

League expectation

Hong Kong Premier League : Board expectation - Qualify for the Asian Confederation Cup  : Media expectation - 3rd (out of 11)

Cup expectations

Hong Kong Senior Shield : Semi Final

Asian Confederation Cup : Not important

Wage budget : £9k p/w (last season £11k)

Current wage bill : £10.5k p/w (last season £10k)

My views for the season ahead… : The new owners have come in and are expecting us to to qualify for the Asian Confederation Cup this season, which means a top 3 finish while the media are expecting us to finish 3rd.  They’re expecting us to make the semi final of the Senior Shield this season too which is new as previous owners have never viewed any of the domestic cups as important while they’ve also reduced the wage budget by a big a chunk as they’ve slashed it by £2k :eek: meaning we’re already £1.5k p/w over the wage budget!

My expectations are to challenge for the title after losing it to Kitchee last season but with the players that they’ve signed, as well as South China and Eastern, it’ll be tough as all 3 look pretty strong.  We’ve got no Champions League this season either so any success in Asia will have to come via the Confederation Cup, of which we’re already in the quarter final of where we’ll face Muharraq of Bahrain, looking to defend our title.

Wing Yee - Youth Intake 2024/25

C2Pr8AR.png

After over 25 years of playing CM/FM and never having an in-game son, I now have two in the same save in consecutive youth intakes!!!!! :eek::eek::eek:  After Ryan Rawlings (24A) last season, this season sees Dean Rawlings (25O) make the step up as I’ve obviously offered him a full time, professional contract and he’ll be going straight into the first team :D!  (Ryan and Dean though…not names I would or have picked in real life!)

Chan Ho Yin (25A), Chan Hoi Man (25F), Lee Kam Fai (25G), Lee Wing Ho (25J) and Li Kai Cheong (24P) were also offered contracts and look as if they have the potential to push for the first team in the next few years.

• 2 weeks later...

Wing Yee - Season Review 2024/25

C2Pr8AR.png

Hong Kong Premier League/Hong Kong Premier League progress/Hong Kong Premier League fixtures : After losing our title to Kitchee last season, we managed to retain it this season after going undefeated in the league all season as we finished 10 points clear of our rivals J.

Hong Kong Community Cup : We beat Kitchee 3-2 in the season opener to claim the Community Cup for the 5th time in 7 years.

Hong Kong Senior Shield : This was the only cup that the board wanted us to progress in so it was good that we achieved that as we beat South China 3-1 in the final.

Hong Kong League Cup/Hong Kong League Cup Group C : We made it 5 years in a row winning this cup after beating Kitchee 3-0 in the final.

Hong Kong FA Cup : We completed a clean sweep of domestic trophies thanks to a favourable draw along the way that saw us beat Pegasus (HKG) 2-1 in the final.

Asian Confederation Cup/Asian Confederation Cup Group G : We carried on with last seasons Asian Confederation Cup at the start of the this season as we brushed aside Muharraq in the quarter final and Da Nang in the semi final to give us a chance of claiming the ACC for a second successive season.  We faced Malaysian side Selangor, who we have beaten before 5 years ago in the Asian Champions League 2nd Preliminary round, and it was a similar story this time around as we beat them 2-1 in extra time to claim the ACC for a second successive season J.

On to this season’s ACC and we were placed in group G which saw us qualify from the group easily as we didn’t lose a game.  We beat Rimyongsu in the 2nd round after extra time which leaves us waiting to play our Quarter Final fixture next season against Syrian side Al-Muhafaza.

Squad : The players responded well to last seasons disappointment of losing our league title as they remained unbeaten ALL season in ALL competitions…an incredible 45 games! :eek: They also claimed all of the domestic cups (Community Cup, League Cup, Senior Shield, FA Cup) while also claiming the Confederation Cup for a second successive season!  Wong Hon Man (19N) had another fantastic season as he netted 39 times in 43 games while Cheng Ming Fung (18P) got in on the goal scoring action by scoring 19 goals in 31 games.

Under 18’s : A good youth intake for us this season saw the emergence of my 2nd son in as many years, Dean Rawlings (25O) come through the ranks J.  As with his older brother, Ryan Rawlings (24A), Dean was fast tracked into the first team…just because I can J.  The other youth players proved to be good additions to the Under 18’s as they went on to win the Under 18 league.

Finances : For a second season, we’re actually not in debt at the end of the season as we sit with £7.5k in the bank J.

My views of the season… : Probably my most successful season at Wing Yee yet as we claimed the HK league title, the Community Cup, the Senior Shield, the League Cup, the FA Cup and the Asian Confederation Cup , we remained unbeaten ALL season while we also produced another son from the academy to add to the son that I had last season! J.

My aims for next season… : It’ll obviously be tough to top what we achieved this season as the last time that we achieved a domestic clean sweep (2020/21) we failed to repeat it the following the season.  Again, with the other big 3 teams in the league (Kitchee, South China and Eastern) strengthening their squads it’ll be a challenge to retain the title but that’s the aim.  Also, with the increase in the HK leagues reputation, it means that the winner of the league now qualifies for the Asian Champions Group Stage as opposed to the preliminary rounds so we’re straight into the hat for the ACL group stage J.   

Career Summary

Season     Team          League                Position     Community  	    Senior 	      League	        FA 	         Asian	  	  	Asian    
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2017/18    Wing Yee    	 HK Premier League     	 5th             -	       -		 -	        Semi Final             -  		   -
2018/19	   Wing Yee	 HK Premier League	 2nd  	    Winners	    Winners	      Semi Final        Semi Final	 East Playoff	           -
2019/20	   Wing Yee	 HK Premier League	 2nd	    Runners up      Semi Final	      Semi Final	Winners		 Group stage		   -
2020/21    Wing Yee	 HK Premier League	 1st	    Winners	    Winners	      Winners	        Winners	         East Playoff		   -
2021/22    Wing Yee	 HK Premier League	 1st	    Winners	    Semi Final	      Winners		Semi Final	 Group stage 		   -
2022/23	   Wing Yee	 HK Premier League	 1st	    Winners	    Semi Final	      Winners		Quarter Final	 East Playoff		   -	
2023/24	   Wing Yee	 HK Premier League	 2nd	    Runners up	    Winners	      Winners		Winners		 East Playoff		Winners
2024/25	   Wing Yee	 HK Premier League	 1st	    Winners	    Winners	      Winners		Winners		       -		Winners

Trophy Cabinet

Premier League			-	2020/21, 2021/22, 2022/23, 2024/25
Community Cup			-	2018/19, 2020/21, 2021/22, 2022/23, 2024/25
Senior Shield			-	2018/19, 2020/21, 2023/24, 2024/25
FA Cup				-	2019/20, 2020/21, 2023/24, 2024/25
League Cup			-	2020/21, 2021/22, 2022/23, 2023/24, 2024/25
Asian Confederation Cup		-	2023/24, 2024/25

xp24eEc.png

32iBiR9.png

100+ appearances

Kan Tsz Him			149		32	-		2017 - present
Siu Ka Kit			147		6	-		2017 - present
Lee Kwok Kei			140		1	-		2017 - present
Cheng Ming Fung (18P)		131		68	-		2017 - present
Adam Tse			131		57	-		2017 - 2025
Lo Wai Chung (18I)		129		16	-		2017 - present
Lai Ho Yin			115		17	-		2017 - present
Tong Chun Fai			107		10	-		2017 - 2025
Tsang Siu Hong (19E)		107		2	-		2018 - present

Wing Yee - Pre-Season 2025/26

C2Pr8AR.png

League expectation

Hong Kong Premier League : Board expectation - Qualify for the Asian Champions League  : Media expectation - 3rd (out of 11)

Cup expectations

Asian Champions League : Not important

Wage budget : £12.5k p/w (last season £9k)

Current wage bill : £9k p/w (last season £10k)

My views for the season ahead… : The board are wanting us to qualify for the Asian Champions League this season, which means a top 3 finish while the media are expecting us to finish 3rd once again.  While it does give us a bit of room to manoeuvre in the league, we do need to retain our title as the league winner qualifies automatically for the Champions League whereas 2nd and 3rd are entered at the 2nd round preliminary stage and we know better than anyone how difficult it is to qualify from that stage against some of the biggest teams in Asia!     

Wong Ho Man (19N) will again be a pivotal figure for us as his goals in the past two seasons have been nothing short of miraculous as he’s hit 80 goals in all competitions in just 88 games :eek: but it’s the other end of the field that could be our downfall this season as Tsang Siu Hong (19E) left us in the summer for arch rivals Kitchee as he didn’t believe that we could reach his ambitions as a club! :mad:…he’ll be a big loss for us.  We also lost our captain Lee Kwok Kei, who over 8 years amassed 140 league appearances and proved to be a great leader for us.  It’ll be tough for the players to fill those full back positions especially considering the shoes that they have to fill.

Wing Yee - Youth Intake 2025/26

C2Pr8AR.png

A fantastic youth intake for us this season as 11 players look as if they have the potential to maybe push for the first team in the next few years with Lau Cheuk Yin (26N) looking as if he’ll be able to push for a first team place already at just 15 years old!

Wing Yee - Season Review 2025/26

C2Pr8AR.png

Hong Kong Premier League/Hong Kong Premier League progress/Hong Kong Premier League fixtures : We managed to go a second successive season unbeaten in the league as we retained our title, finishing 11 points ahead of rivals Kitchee.

Hong Kong Community Cup : We beat Eastern 2-1 in the season opener to claim the Community Cup for the 6th time in 8 years.

Hong Kong Senior Shield : We were unable to defend this trophy as Metro Gallery beat us in extra time, cruelly in the 120th minute.

Hong Kong League Cup/Hong Kong League Cup Group A : We continued our great record in this cup which is fast becoming a favourite of ours as we trounced South China 4-0 in the final to claim the cup for a 6th successive year!

Hong Kong FA Cup : We were unable to defend this cup either as Tai Po beat us in extra time in the quarter final.

Hong Kong-Shanghai Interport Club Championship : Same opponents…same result.  Although we did almost manage a draw in both legs.

Asian Confederation Cup : We carried on our Confederation Cup campaign from last season as we beat Al-Muhafaza in the quarter final, beat SC Goa on away goals in the semi final and beat Paxtakor in the final to claim the Confederation Cup for a 3rd time. 

Asian Champions League/Asian Champions League Group F : Because of the rise in the Hong Kong league’s reputation, it means that we qualified for the group stage of the Champions League instead of having to go through the qualifying rounds.  We were given a tough draw as we were drawn alongside Shanggang, Newcastle Jets and Jeonbuk in group F and over the course of the group stage, we failed to pick up a single point as we lost all 6 of our games.  We can take encouragement though that while we did lose all of our games, all of those games were tight affairs and we kept the scores respectable.

Squad : The squad of players are clearly growing and starting to fulfil the potential that they have as they once again retained the title as well as claiming the Community Cup, the League Cup and the Confederation Cup this season.  Wong Ho Man (19N) had another fine season as he scored 27 times in 36 games while also finishing as the league’s top goal scorer while his strike partner Cheng Ming Fung (18P) scored 14 times in 35 games.  Ip Siu Ki (23L) had a good season as he claimed 9 goals and 9 assists as well as claiming the Hong Kong Footballer of the Year award while Lam Chi Wing (23G) had a great season as he claimed both the Hong Kong Fans’ Player of the Year award and the Hong Kong Players’ Player of the Year award.

Reserves/Under 18’s : The players that were in the under 18’s previously are obviously getting older now the years are going by so some of them have made the next step up and have progressed to the reserves.  There’s a number of players in the reserves that definitely look as if they’ll be pushing for the first team next season while the under 18’s are looking as if there are a few potentials there as well.

Finances : We’ve crept back into debt again as we’re almost a quarter of a million pound in debt. 

My views of the season… : I said last season that it’ll be difficult to repeat the clean sweep that we completed last season and that proved to be the case, but to still win the league title, the Community Cup, the League Cup and the Confederation Cup is a massive achievement and one that we should be proud of.  Despite us struggling in the Champions League too, it’s another step to where we need to be if we’re to progress as a club…we might even win a game in the group next season!

My aims for next season… : No doubt that Kitchee and South China will be up there next season as well Eastern, who had a poor season by their standards so we must once again be looking to compete with them if we’re to retain our league title.  The Champions League will provide another chance for us to test ourselves against the best in Asia as well and hopefully we can pick up a couple of wins there.

I’m looking forward to seeing what the partnership of Wong Ho Man (19N) and youngster Lau Cheuk Yin (26N) can bring next season as the new boy definitely showed promise this season with 3 goals in 4 games while I’m obviously looking for my two boys to progress too as they continue to make an impression in the first team.  One player that won’t be part of the squad though is Kan Tsz Him who after 9 years and 156 league appearances will be leaving us as his contract is up as he wants a new challenge.

Career Summary

2024/25	   Wing Yee	 HK Premier League	 1st	    Winners	    Winners	      Winners		Winners		       -		Winners
2025/26	   Wing Yee	 HK Premier League       1st	    Winners	    Semi Final	      Winners		Quarter Final	 Group stage		Winners

Trophy Cabinet

Premier League			-	2020/21, 2021/22, 2022/23, 2024/25, 2025/26
Community Cup			-	2018/19, 2020/21, 2021/22, 2022/23, 2024/25, 2025/26
FA Cup				-	2019/20, 2020/21, 2023/24, 2024/25
League Cup			-	2020/21, 2021/22, 2022/23, 2023/24, 2024/25, 2025/26
Asian Confederation Cup		-	2023/24, 2024/25, 2025/26

GXrT3pZ.png

ji1icb9.png

100+ appearances

Siu Ka Kit			165		8	-		2017 - present
Kan Tsz Him			156		33	-		2017 - 2026
Lo Wai Chung (18I)		149		17	-		2017 - present
Cheng Ming Fung (18P)		146		76	-		2017 - present
Lee Kwok Kei			140		1	-		2017 - 2025
Adam Tse			131		57	-		2017 - 2024
Lai Ho Yin			124		19	-		2017 - present
Wong Ho Man (19N)		109		57	-		2018 - present
Tong Chun Fai			107		10	-		2017 - 2024
Tsang Siu Hong (19E)		107		2	-		2018 - 2025

• 2 weeks later...

Wing Yee - Pre-Season 2026/27

C2Pr8AR.png

League expectation

Hong Kong Premier League : Board expectation - Qualify for the Asian Champions League  : Media expectation - 3rd (out of 11)

Cup expectations

Wage budget : £13k p/w (last season £12.5k)

Current wage bill : £10.5k p/w (last season £9k)

My views for the season ahead… : Our season expectations are very similar to last season as the board are wanting us to qualify for the Asian Champions League again, which means a top 3 finish while the media are once again expecting us to finish 3rd despite us winning the league title 5 times in the past 6 years.  The board are not bothered at all about the domestic cups now which means we’ll be able to play a few of our younger players in these competitions whilst being able to concentrate fully on the league and the Champions League.

Wong Ho Man (19N), who has hit 132 goals in 160 appearances in the last 4 years :eek: will once again be key for us while the highly promising Lau Cheuk Yin (26N) looks as if he could be an important player for us despite him being just 15 years old.

Wing Yee - Youth Intake 2026/27

C2Pr8AR.png

It seems that our junior coaching increase over the past few years is paying off now as we had another very good youth intake this season as 9 players look as if they have the potential to push for the first team in the next few years as Kowk Chi Kin (27A), Yu Hoi Chun (27C), Kwok Chi Shing (27E), Ho Wai Lung (27F), Chan Chun Yu (27G), Ng Pak Hung (27H), Chan Ho Man (27I), Ng Wai Lam (27K) and Hui Chun Ho (27N) were all offered contracts.

Wing Yee - Season Review 2026/27

C2Pr8AR.png

Hong Kong Premier League/Hong Kong Premier League progress/Hong Kong Premier League fixtures : The race for the title was definitely on this season as Kitchee ran us close, but despite them beating us in the league and them not losing a league game all season, we pipped them to the title by one point :D.

Hong Kong Community Cup : A no contest really as we smashed Tai Po 5-1 to pick up our first piece of silverware of the season.

Hong Kong Senior Shield : We disappointingly went out in the first round after rivals Kitchee snatched a 92nd minute winner L.

Hong Kong League Cup/Hong Kong League Cup Group C : We beat Eastern in the final after extra time to claim the cup for a 7th year in a row :D

Hong Kong FA Cup : A 3-2 win against Southern District in the final meant that we claimed the cup for a 5th time in the clubs history.  

Hong Kong-Shanghai Interport Club Championship : Different opponents…same result, although we came so close over the two legs.

Asian Champions League/Asian Champions League Group F : Another tough draw for us in the Champions League as we were put in group F with Ulsan, Quanjian and Osaka AC.  Nobody was expecting anything from us so it was no real surprise that we finished bottom of the group, although we did manage a win by beating Quanjian :D.

Squad : The squad of players did well once again as they claimed 4 pieces of silverware this season.  As is a regular thing now, Wong Ho Man (19N) was our star man as he knocked in 25 goals in 36 games as he sits just 3 goals off becoming the clubs all time leading goal scorer as well as claiming the leagues top goal scorer award for the 4th consecutive season.  His strike partner Lau Cheuk Yin (26N) had another promising season as he scored 17 goals in 29 games which at just 16 years old already takes him to 15 league goals in 21 league games…not a bad goals to games ratio already! :eek:  Lam Chi Wing (23G) had an outstanding season for us as he claimed 9 goals and 14 assists as well as claiming the Hong Kong Footballer of the Year, the Hong Kong Fans’ Player of the Year and the Hong Kong Players’ Player of the Year awards while Ip Siu Ki (23L) claimed the Hong Kong Young Player of the Year award.

Reserves/Under 18’s : Both the reserves and the under 18’s had good seasons as the reserves won the league while the under 18’s finished 3rd in the league.  A few players in the reserves went out on loan to get some first team football to hopefully help progress their potential while there’s 3 or 4 in the under 18’s that look as if they’ll bypass the reserves completely and go straight into the first team in the next couple of years.

Finances : Thanks to a few cash injections from the chairman and a some good sponsorship deals, we made a very healthy profit and are in a decent financial position for the first time in 10 years!

My views of the season… : Another great season for us as we retained the title as well as claiming the Community Cup, the League Cup and the FA Cup while we also managed to get our first ever win in the Champions League group stages :D

My aims for next season… : It looks as if ourselves and Kitchee are pulling away from the other teams in the league so they’ll no doubt be hot on our tails next season.  Obviously the league will be the priority while the domestic cups seem to be of no importance to the board now which will give us the chance to focus on the Champions League and maybe even grab a couple of wins in that next season!

It does look as if we’re making slow but steady progress now as our finances are looking healthier and the board have just agreed to once again increase the junior coaching budget while they’ve also agreed to upgrade the youth facilities for the first time which should hopefully increase the quality of the youngsters coming through in the next few years.

Career Summary

2025/26	   Wing Yee	 HK Premier League       1st	    Winners	    Semi Final	      Winners		Quarter Final	 Group stage		Winners
2026/27	   Wing Yee	 HK Premier League	 1st	    Winners	    1st round	      Winners		Winners		 Group stage		   -

Trophy Cabinet

Premier League			-	2020/21, 2021/22, 2022/23, 2024/25, 2025/26, 2026/27
Community Cup			-	2018/19, 2020/21, 2021/22, 2022/23, 2024/25, 2025/26, 2026/27
FA Cup				-	2019/20, 2020/21, 2023/24, 2024/25, 2026/27
League Cup			-	2020/21, 2021/22, 2022/23, 2023/24, 2024/25, 2025/26, 2026/27

csiOkXG.png

KF8eDVL.png

100+ appearances

Siu Ka Kit			179		9	-		2017 - present
Lo Wai Chung (18I)		168		19	-		2017 - present
Cheng Ming Fung (18P)		149		77	-		2017 - present
Lai Ho Yin			129		20	-		2017 - present
Wong Ho Man (19N)		129		75	-		2018 - present
Lee Chi Ming (20F)		110		0	-		2019 - present

34 minutes ago, DazRTaylor said:

Excellent stuff mate.  Two sons!  :eek:  And they are pretty decent too.

Thanks mate.  Good to see you back on here :thup:.  I couldn't believe it when I got a son :eek:.  I've waited a long time for one...and then I got another one!!! :eek:  Unbelievable!  I wouldn't of cared if they were rubbish tbh, they were going straight into my first team :D.  Luckily, they're both not bad! :D

Wing Yee - Pre-Season 2027/28

C2Pr8AR.png

League expectation

Cup expectations

Hong Kong Senior Shield : Reach the final

Transfer budget : £50k (last season £0k)

Wage budget : £13k p/w (last season £13k)

Current wage bill : £10k p/w (last season £10.5k)

My views for the season ahead… : As is becoming the norm now, the board are wanting us to qualify for the Asian Champions League which means a top 3 finish while the media are once again expecting us to finish 3rd despite us winning the league title 6 times in the past 7 years.

The board are usually not bothered about the domestic cups but this year, strangely, they want us to reach the final of the Senior Shield…(I’m not sure why that has become a priority - maybe because of our poor performance in it last season?) and for the first time in a long time, (since the 2018/19 season in fact – 9 years ago!) we actually have a transfer budget!  Not that it’s going to help us at all because of the youth only policy in this save but it at least shows that we’re finally making financial progress!

Wing Yee - Season Review 2027/28

C2Pr8AR.png

Hong Kong Premier League/Hong Kong Premier League progress/Hong Kong Premier League fixtures : I was expecting another tough season this year after Kitchee pushed us so close last season but they had a poor season by their standards as did South China and Eastern as we easily romped home to retain our title by finishing 16 points ahead of our nearest rivals.

Hong Kong Community Cup : The seasons curtain opener saw us smash Eastern 4-1 as we claimed the Community Cup for the 8th time.

Hong Kong Senior Shield : The board wanted us to reach the final of the Senior Shield this season but a 3-2 defeat to South China after extra time in the semi final made sure that we didn’t reach the boards expectation L.

Hong Kong League Cup/Hong Kong League Cup Group A : After claiming the League Cup for the past 7 years, we were unable to make it an 8th time as Kitchee beat us in the semi final.

Hong Kong FA Cup : A header from Kwok Chi Shing in the 118th minute of extra time saw us beat South China in the final as we won the FA Cup for the 6th time in the clubs history.    

Hong Kong-Shanghai Interport Club Championship : We managed to get a draw in the first leg which gave me some hope that we might be able to snatch a win in the 2nd leg but Shanggang proved to be too strong for us as they beat us 2-1, 3-2 on aggregate.

Asian Champions League/Asian Champions League Group E : As usual, we faced a tough challenge as we were drawn alongside Seoul, Saitama Utd and Quanjian in the group stages of the Champions League.  We failed to win a game but again, we can be encouraged that despite the obvious gulf in class, we did keep the defeats respectable.

Squad : Another good season for the group of players as Wong Ho Man (19N) was our top goal scorer again for the 5th consecutive season as he scored 28 times in 37 games to make him the clubs all time leading goal scorer now with 96 league goals in 148 league appearances (183 goals 302 games overall for the club :eek:) while he also claimed the Hong Kong Footballer of the Year and Hong Kong top goal scorer  awards.  His strike partner Lau Cheuk Yin (26N) had another good season as he scored 13 times in 31 games and while I was starting to get excited about the potential he has, he’s refusing to sign a new contract as he wants to move to a bigger club and with his contract expiring at the end of next season, it’s looking likely that we’ll lose him L.  Talking of losing players, we’ve also resigned ourselves to the fact that Lau Cheuk Yin (24E) will be leaving us as he’s another highly promising player that wants to move to a bigger club L.  Ip Siu Ki (23L) had a promising season again though as he claimed the Hong Kong Fans’ Player of the Year, Hong Kong Players’ Player of the Year and the Hong Kong Young Player of the Year awards while on a personal note, my son Ryan Rawlings (24A) claimed his first international cap for Hong Kong.

Reserves/Under 18’s : Another good season for the reserves and the under 18’s as the reserves once again won the league while the under 18’s finished as runners-up.

Finances : We getting more money through sponsorship deals now and with our attendances slowly creeping up too, we’re slowly making a profit and remaining in profit for much of the season.

My views of the season… : While we didn’t have the amount of success this season that we’ve had in previous seasons, we’ve still had a great season as we retained the league title, won the Community Cup and won the FA Cup. 

My aims for next season… : I’m sure that after such a poor season from Kitchee, South China and Eastern this year, they’ll be back challenging next season.  While success in Hong Kong continued for us this season, I’m hoping that we’ll be able to be a bit more competitive in the Champions League next season as while I don’t expect us to qualify from the group stage, I’ll be looking for us to pick up a few more points in the group stages.

Career Summary

2026/27	   Wing Yee	 HK Premier League	 1st	    Winners	    1st round	      Winners		Winners		 Group stage		   -
2027/28	   Wing Yee	 HK Premier League	 1st	    Winners	    Semi Final	      Semi Final	Winners		 Group stage		   -

Trophy Cabinet

Premier League			-	2020/21, 2021/22, 2022/23, 2024/25, 2025/26, 2026/27, 2027/28
Community Cup			-	2018/19, 2020/21, 2021/22, 2022/23, 2024/25, 2025/26, 2026/27, 2027/28
FA Cup				-	2019/20, 2020/21, 2023/24, 2024/25, 2026/27, 2027/28
League Cup			-	2020/21, 2021/22, 2022/23, 2023/24, 2024/25, 2025/26, 2026/27

Llqzf7t.png

sPVdoay.png

100+ appearances

Lo Wai Chung (18I)		187		24	-		2017 - present
Siu Ka Kit			181		9	-		2017 - 2028
Cheng Ming Fung (18P)		149		77	-		2017 - 2028
Wong Ho Man (19N)		148		96	-		2018 - present
Lai Ho Yin			133		20	-		2017 - 2028
Lee Chi Ming (20F)		123		1	-		2019 - present
Lee Yiu Chung (18E)		112		2			2017 - present

Wing Yee - Pre-Season 2028/29

C2Pr8AR.png

League expectation

Cup expectations

Hong Kong Senior Shield : Reach the final

Transfer budget : £55k (last season £50k)

Wage budget : £14.5k p/w (last season £13k)

Current wage bill : £9k p/w (last season £10k)

My views for the season ahead… : The board as usual want us to qualify for the Asian Champions League again while the media are once again expecting us to finish 3rd even though we’re now clearly the biggest club in Hong Kong after our club rating increased from 1.5 stars to 2 stars last season.

The squad of players that I have should have enough quality in it to mount a defence of our title especially with the rise to prominence of Yu Hoi Chun (27C), Kwok Chi Shing (27E), Hui Chun Ho (27N) and Chan Chun Wai (28B).  Although we have lost quite a few players during the summer as Cheng Ming Fung (18P), Siu Ka Kit, Lai Ho Yin and Lau Cheuk Yin (24E) all left the club on free transfers which could prove to be a big loss to the squad.

Archived