[Feature Request] Include Opposition Instructions in Each Tactic Slot and also Save the OI in Tactic Save.

edk77

It's very troublesome to switch around tactics with different opposition instructions. Please include opposition instructions in each tactic slot. We have 3 tactic slot so we should have 3 set of opposition instructions. The OI should also be save in tactic save so it can be loaded together with the tactic.

Why would you use the same OIs against different opposition that use different players, different formations, different roles & different duties.

The point of OIs are that they are individual to a particular match and therefore should be selected on a match by match basis.

Just now, Cougar2010 said:

Why would you use the same OIs against different opposition that use different players, different formations, different roles & different duties.

The point of OIs are that they are individual to a particular match and therefore should be selected on a match by match basis.

Because OI can also be use to strengthen the tactic or formation. For example if my first formation is strong in the middle I would use OI to force opposition players to play more in the middle. If my second formation is strong in wide I would use another set of OI to force opposition players to play more in wide. If my third formation does not has a DM I would tight mark a central attacking midfielder as a position opposition instruction. And etc etc...

• 1 month later...

Just to make it simple, we should be able to save opposition instructions (just like corner setup for instance) and we should be able to load it with 2 clicks easily so that different OI set could be applied to the same tactic for different matches/opponents. Also it would be great if we could see the pre set OIs on the match screen. It would be logical, wouldn’t be?

6 minutes ago, zyndar said:

If you could show me how it is possible, it would be great. I still think it is not possible.

Before the match starts, just go to your Opposition Instructions screen? There's a drop-down menu.

7 minutes ago, HUNT3R said:

Before the match starts, just go to your Opposition Instructions screen? There's a drop-down menu.

You misunderstood me. When you are advancing to kick off on the match screen, the OI screen pops up where you can ask for Assistant Manager's advice, but that list is empty.

Anyway, this is the smaller issue. We should be able to save the OIs as OI sets and load with 2 clicks, just like the set pieces setups.

4 minutes ago, zyndar said:

You misunderstood me. When you are advancing to kick off on the match screen, the OI screen pops up where you can ask for Assistant Manager's advice, but that list is empty.

It should be empty. That's the 'list' where specific players are listed. Just change the view to see the OIs for specific positions, rather than specific players. If you notice on your tactic screen outside matches, you're setting OIs by position, not specific players. It wouldn't make sense to do it otherwise, because you don't know who's in the starting 11, ever, before a match has started.

2 minutes ago, HUNT3R said:

It should be empty. That's the 'list' where specific players are listed. Just change the view to see the OIs for specific positions, rather than specific players. If you notice on your tactic screen outside matches, you're setting OIs by position, not specific players. It wouldn't make sense to do it otherwise, because you don't know who's in the starting 11, ever, before a match has started.

Partially is agree with you, but still, in other words: If I have a pre set OI to always close down more on AML/AMR positions, it should be visible on that screen you mentioned if the opponent has players in AML/AMR positions.

Just now, zyndar said:

Partially is agree with you, but still, in other words: If I have a pre set OI to always close down more on AML/AMR positions, it should be visible on that screen you mentioned if the opponent has players in AML/AMR positions.

And it is visible on that screen  -  just change it to view positions.

On 15/09/2016 at 10:28, HUNT3R said:

And it is visible on that screen  -  just change it to view positions.

And you were right, thanks.

So my only wish regarding this is to be able to save the OIs just as the set pieces routines :)

I can see the value in it. Even though we have 3 preset tactics we don't necessarily use them in their exact form for each opponent. We just set them to how we're mostly likely to want to play and then tweak.

OIs can be equally recurring for lots of different opponents, even if only to protect a known weakness in your own squad as well as a number of other reasons. To be able to save OIs to cover even 50% of the ones that are routinely used and be able to tweak from those would save a lot of time.

Also, to say that savable OIs would be useless given different opponents is giving the AI far too much credit, we all know there are a lot of repetitions in AI approach.

• 2 months later...

Archived