Which Team Are You Managing In FM16

I've just started my second season with Everton.

I'm usually keen to stick to one club, but FM16 has been different for me and I've found myself not feeling particularly loyal to any club in any save I've done.

This save, however, I intend on creating a legacy and sticking around for 20+ seasons (if I can be successful enough!)

Slow and steady start - I'm playing about with a 3 at the back tactic that I hope to develop as the game goes on. Finished 9th in the first season, having had a strong start, awful middle section, and strong finish. I was one game away from the sack, but followed that up with 6 victories on the trot.. Bizarre game sometimes.

Kept all my decent players for the first season, but inevitably by the end of the year the likes of Lukaku, Stones, Deulofeu and McCarthy all wanted to move on - tied Barkley down to a longer contract though.

Made over £100m in transfers before the new season, with Lukaku, McCarthy and Deulofeo moving to Chelsea, Man City and PSG respectively - and spent £35m in replacements. Despite interest, nobody made a bid for Stones and so when the transfer window shut he stated he was happy to stay.

I'm now about 8 games in - didn't win any of the first 5, but have now won 3 on the bounce.

Started at Koln and ended up second in first year (2016) playing a defensive 451. Second year(2017), pretty much the same and ended up winning the German First Division. A lot of 1-0s ;)

Left as the club resources were not enough to maintain that standard...

Joined Southampton who were languishing above relegation zone in 2017.

2018: 2nd of EPL

2019: 5th EPL and euro cup quarter final- capital one cup winner

2020: here the good times start... won the EPL, capital one cup and reached euro cup semi final

2021: 2nd EPL - FA cup and euro cup winner. european super cup winner

2022: 1st EPL - FA cup winner- capital one cup winner

2023: 1st EPL - runner up FA cup

2024: 1st EPL - FA cup winner - champion's cup winner- capital one cup winner- european super cup winner- club world championship winner -

2025: 2nd EPL- FA cup winner - champion's cup winner- capital one cup winner

Survived 2 take overs as Saints boss and stadium now nearing 50k seats.

Very enjoyable save, specially since switching from 433 to 442 in 2020. Large amount of very gifted players coming through the academy.

After 1 season in Vanarama South, 4 seasons in Vanarama National, 5 seasons in Sky Bet 2, 4 seasons in Sky Bet 1 and 5 seasons in Championship, I'm starting my 20th season with newly promoted Sutton Utd in Premier League. Best save ever :)

Just startede a game with Hertha Berlin - Other than that, i've tried to start a Dafuge's challenge and have played 4 seasons with Portsmouth. Not really my "season" regarding FM.. :(

I have just finished the tenth season at Juventude Évora and have just survived in 6th place in the Second League after being predicted 21st. I'm having fun, but considering ditching it in favor of trying the English Hero achievement, since there was a bug that withheld all league prize money from teams in the Second League, meaning a lot of insecure finances in Portugal outside of the Premier Division.

Just finished my 4th season, and won my 1st trophy!

Decided to start the game at the club closest to me which is Worcester City. Spent 2 years there finishing 13th and 6th, then the opportunity to manage Torquay United came up after they were relegated to the National League South. Lost in the play off semi finals first season, but bounced back to win the league this time around.

Really enjoying this FM. I know many have complained about the difficulty, but it's a great challenge, trying to find the right tactics etc, and when you do well it's all the more rewarding ?

Archived