[FM16] My first ever unemployed career.

Northernpilgrim

• Replies 706
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are a few reasons why I'm refusing to sign a new contract. Firstly, I'm not intending to stay at Oxford, I'm just waiting for the first attractive option that's willing to hire me, and I don't want compensation to be an issue. Secondly, if I sign a contract, they always have a clause in that you won't apply for other jobs, which would prevent me moving on as well. Then there is the finance issue, specifically the Chairman loan. I don't want to be here when that is repaid as it will cripple the club.

Great job winning League 2.

Port Vale relegated. :D

Barrow have risen quickly.

Thanks Nobby :) I knew you'd be happy about Port Vale. They even offered me an interview last season (I didn't apply and declined the offer), and I doubt I'm on their radar now. Barrow are a very useful side and they'll more than stay up this season. Just not sure I'll be around to see it. Sacking season is almost upon us, but at least it isn't MY head on the block this year.

On ‎26‎/‎07‎/‎2016 at 15:57, Lenzar said:

I hope Deltablue isn't reading! His beloved Tractor Boys look League 2 bound! :o

Fear not, Deltablue. I'd back Ipswich to win League 1 next season the way they finished this one :)

9 minutes ago, Nobby_McDonald said:

Well done with Oxford.

Middlesbrough and Birmingham have sunk like stones.

Thanks Nobby. It seems to be a theme on my save, there are a lot of teams in divisions you wouldn't expect

January was great apart from a disappointing defeat to Nottingham Forest

Jan 2022.PNG

as we ended the month as league leaders

Jan 2022 table.PNG

winning me the Manager of the Month gong again

Jan 2022 MOM.PNG

It was also a busy month in the transfer market

Jan 2022 transfers.PNG

with three quality defensive players added to replace departures

Lainer.PNGVarela.PNGRudiger.PNG

There won't be any updates now for the next couple of weeks as I won't have time to play or update, but I'll be back to continue what looks like being a very decent season with Swansea. Hope everyone is enjoying reading this as much as I'm enjotying playing and writing it :)

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎31‎/‎07‎/‎2016 at 19:35, oi_oi_ginger_roy said:

Yeah I'm enjoying it mate. If poss could you also include monthly player stats, so we can see how your players are doing?

I'll include player stats in the end of season update from here on in. The next update will probably be on Saturday sometime.

Currently going in to my second season with Swansea myself following a BPL 10th place finish in my first season.. They're a good side and Siggy is gold but, for me, they're a little inconsistent. You should have a fun time managing them though. Routledge, Angel Rangel and Siggurdson are players to make the most out of.

On a side note, I noticed the “Go raibh maith agat” earlier on. Where in Ireland are you from?

On ‎11‎/‎08‎/‎2016 at 16:29, Fer Fuchs Ake said:

Currently going in to my second season with Swansea myself following a BPL 10th place finish in my first season.. They're a good side and Siggy is gold but, for me, they're a little inconsistent. You should have a fun time managing them though. Routledge, Angel Rangel and Siggurdson are players to make the most out of.

On a side note, I noticed the “Go raibh maith agat” earlier on. Where in Ireland are you from?

Good luck with Swansea mate :) I wasn't born in Ireland but my granddad on my dad's side was from Dublin. I'm trying to learn Irish as it's a big part of my heritage :) 

4 hours ago, Northernpilgrim said:

Good luck with Swansea mate :) I wasn't born in Ireland but my granddad on my dad's side was from Dublin. I'm trying to learn Irish as it's a big part of my heritage :) 

Thanks. Good luck with the Irish. It's a really nice language but the tenses can be quite strange sometimes and the irregular verbs.

Didn't have an ideal start with a 2-0 home loss to Arsenal. Paloschi is giving me grief about not selling him and my midfield didn't supply anything to new signing Odion Ighalo. Odion himself looked good in preseason though bagging two in 4 games. Best of luck securing promotion.

March was a month that could have seen us move close to securing promotion, ended with us still top but by no means assured of going up, and an unsuccessful interview at Liverpool

Mar 2022.PNG

and the league table seems to be tightening up at a time when teams traditionally try to secure their position

Mar 2022 table.PNG

This screenshot captures in one image most of the reasons I had to take the Lazio job. One of Italy'sbest known clubs, yet they've comparatively underachieved, winning only 2 Serie A titles in ther history, the last one 23 seasons ago. They've made the top 3 only 3 times since that title triumph. They are still based at the magnificent Stadio Olimpico, and it's my job to bring success and full houses

Lazio history.PNG

and here is that magnificent stadium in all it's glory

Stadio Olimpico.jpg

Archived