[FM16] My first ever unemployed career.

Northernpilgrim

• Replies 706
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You have just improving from the start until you lose matches. Too bad you lose your chances in the National League here.:( Who will be the new head coach of Crawley Town?

I know! I can't seem to stop the rot if we lose 2 in a row. Rob Edwards is their new manager

Rob%20Edwards_zps74f6g5m5.png

November was a pretty good month, except for the reverse against Chester, and we came very close to upsetting my former club Chesterfield, who are back in League 1.

Nov%202017_zps98bfzksy.png

I won Manager of the Month

Nov%202017%20MOM_zpssjwcpgwz.png

and we finished the month top of the table

Nov%202017%20table_zpshjbcnaex.png

Enjoying the story so far! I think this has persuaded me to make a Conference save when I get home haha :D

Thanks SamL94. It's a fun save for me, but a word of caution. The Vanarama National is a sod to get out of because of only one automatic promotion spot. I'm going to have to rely on the playoffs, and will probably get fired (again) if I don't get promotion. I'm in March, contract expires in the summer and not a hint of a new one.

So, after a long season, it's a semi final against Tranmere Rovers. We won the home league game 2-0, but were beaten 3-1 at Prenton Park. With the away leg coming first, it's obvious we'll need a better result than we managed last time.

Looks an interesting thread you have going here mate,not really found myself settled in a save as of yet in the latter stages of FM16 might get something like this setup myself actually - Will be keepoing an eye on this one - Good luck with the rest of your career!!! :thup:

Looks an interesting thread you have going here mate,not really found myself settled in a save as of yet in the latter stages of FM16 might get something like this setup myself actually - Will be keepoing an eye on this one - Good luck with the rest of your career!!! :thup:

Thanks steff91. Not sure what the future holds with regard to Northampton. They finally offered me a new contract the day after the playoff final, which I've rejected. I'm definitely not resigning, and will look at other options, but if my contract expires, I hope they don't sack me!

It's a good job the Conference has no restriction on loan players. I wouldn't have a team otherwise. Just gutted that the loan keeper I had last season allowed his contract at his parent club to expire, and wouldn't sign for the pittance the board would allow me to offer him.

I didn't want to let Hewelt or D'Ath leave, but the board wouldn't allow me to even match their existing salaries, let alone the increases they were asking for, so they refused to sign on and left for nothing. It's going to be a really tough ask to even do what we did last season, and I will definitely be off at the end of the season (if the board keep me that long)

Archived