Transfer offers

The AI seem to want over the odds for players even those who have been transfer listed. Good luck getting anything under the asking price accepted, and negotiate too long an the AI will usually slap a non-negotiable 20% profit clause on for good measure.

In contrast other clubs continually offer peanuts for my best players, who then invariably get the hump when I don't the accept AI''s derisory bids.

I have sold Barbosa for 85 mil to PSG when he was valued at 60, Balic for 66 mil to PSG when he was valued at 28.5 mil, Lewis Cook to PSG for 62 mil when valued at 30. Bought Lamela for 7 mil one year, accepted a bid for 64mil from Real Madrid the year after when he was valued at around 30 mil, he turned them down for my offer (he was my favorite player that season so even though it was a value sale i had to keep him if he would accept a similar offer). So yes it is possible to sell players way above their market rate usually to Bayern, Real, Barca, and City.

I find that the AI will pay well above the odds (relatively speaking) for youth team players. I know I had a 14 year old player in my youth team who I wasn't really aware of, and a message came into my inbox saying clubs were preparing a £375k bid for him. I checked his value and it was something like £145k, so I immediately transfer listed him at £1million and a couple of weeks later Chelsea offered the £1million for him. So I sold at a very large profit.

I guess the player probably had the potential to develop into a great player, but as I knew he would never be anywhere near my first team, I thought it was a good deal to make.

Archived