Back Up Striker for Top Prem Teams

marcMCFC1986

I'm doing a save with Man City - and play one striker. I have Aguero & Alvaro Morata as my two main strikers rotating (though sometimes Aguero Plays ACM so can play them both together). I took a punt on Jordan Rhodes for £8m as he was transfer listed by request, and had a fantastic scoring record in the Championship.

Obviously, battling it out with Aguero & Morata for a starting place is going to be tough for him - but he is great for starting against lower teams to give main strikers a rest for bigger games! In his first season he made 30 appearances (Only about 8 starts though) and scored 17 goals in the Premier League, which is a brilliant return! He also bagged a handful more on Champions League & Cup Games, and got his fair share of assists.

Just a little tip really, he's worth taking a chance on if you can pick him up at a reasonable price. Crystal Palace came in for him in summer but only bid £6.5m, so for that price I'd rather keep him! He seems more than happy in his role as a back up striker too, so causes no unrest in the squad.

I'll try and sort out a screenshot tonight when I get home!

32zkiur.png

I picked up Jordan Rhodes in an Everton save last season and he proved to be fantastic for me. Brit Assombalonga was another. I think I paid £8m for him and ended up selling him for £27m at the end of the season.

Both might be worth looking at in this years game also.

I may have to have a look at him for my Swansea save. I'm currently looking for a complete forward to provide cover for Gabriel Barbosa.

is that his best role?

he's currently my backup ST, but I can't get him to perform, so I've got him as an AMR (where he's much better, but means my main ST forgets how to score)

I may have to have a look at him for my Swansea save. I'm currently looking for a complete forward to provide cover for Gabriel Barbosa. I have a bid of £7.5m accepted for M'Baye Niang, but will stall on this if Rhodes is available.

It was at the end of the first season that he handed in a Transfer Request (presumably because Blackburn didn't get promoted), so you may have to wait until then to avoid paying over the odds for him. Definitely worth getting him though!

is that his best role?

he's currently my backup ST, but I can't get him to perform, so I've got him as an AMR (where he's much better, but means my main ST forgets how to score)

I've not tried him at AMR but he's been solid for me as a complete forward(attack). He scored around 18 league goals in his first season. He is on an 11 hour drought at the moment though, which lasted til the end of season one. I didn't have anyone else to throw in so I need some quality backup.

It was at the end of the first season that he handed in a Transfer Request (presumably because Blackburn didn't get promoted), so you may have to wait until then to avoid paying over the odds for him. Definitely worth getting him though!

I'm currently in the preseason of season 2 and Blackburn definitely didn't get promoted so I'll enquire about him when I get back on the game.

I'm currently in the preseason of season 2 and Blackburn definitely didn't get promoted so I'll enquire about him when I get back on the game.

Ah nice one - you may have timed that one perfectly then! Let me know how you get on with signing him, and if you do, how he gets on for Swansea!

Ah nice one - you may have timed that one perfectly then! Let me know how you get on with signing him, and if you do, how he gets on for Swansea!

Will do! Just a quick heads up... this thread will probably get closed unless you get a screenshot of Rhodes' profile in the OP.

Archived