Scouting System FM16

Hi all

Just wondering how people are dealing with the new scouting information coming back on reports which now doesn't show the potential as a rating but as "potential to play in the prem or play in the championship" etc... Maybe just me, but seems to render scouting pointless and I'll just look at his stats instead and gamble. Screen shot below

2015_11_01_00001.jpg

I like it

It provides something more vague (having only seen him a few times) rather than something entirely concrete

Although I haven't tested it out to see if it becomes 'potential to be a [adjective] Premier Division player' if you scout him for 2+ months

You still have a judge of his ability (the star ratings help too) but it's seems to be making scout reports more chance-based, rather than a concrete statement like in FM14

edit:

at 2 - in FM15, it used to say 'has the potential to be a good/decent/star/leading division player', the adjective has disappeared in FM16 (unless it's been hidden until the player is seen more)

Eh? It still shows a star rating. And it always came back with a 'potential to play in x league' or so on, don't see how that has changed at all.

Granted I have only scouted players for up to a month but it use to say potential to be a key player or a star player. Now only seems to say potential to be a premier league player which doesn't define if he will be a low end prem or top player. So down to more guessing on our part based on stats and the star system

It still says that sometimes, I've seen it say 'leading' or 'good' player in 'x' league on this years, it just seems to do so more rarely than in the past. I take it to mean they're just average for that league and the others are above average.

2015-11-01_00001.jpg

As you can see, that one uses 'leading'.

I've also seen a number of "might be in a position to suit 'x league' football", which I assume to mean they're borderline being good enough for that league.

How long did you scout this guy for? I'm scouting wonderkids that are coming up with potential to be a prem league player with no leading or star player info. I can only assume scouting needs to be done for much longer then?

That guy, not sure. I just went to player search and looked at who had been scouted.

He is playing FMC (or "Touch" as it is called these days), maybe they still have the FM 15 scouting reports. Seems like that at least

Hmm, I wouldn't expect it to be different between the two but I suppose it's possible, or else players need more scouting.

Ok understandable but on further scouting of min 2 months no further info comes through and still states potential to play in prem etc.. If this is the way forward ok for scouting I understand, but I have noticed that even when I look at my own players it will state potential to play in prem league but nothing more, which again tends to point towards coach reports being worthless now and just looking at stats only to base my opinion.

What more do you need?

A scouts or coaches opinion! Reece Oxford is a premier league player and so is Wayne Rooney but there is a big difference between them for a big club. Fair enough tho as I said before, I accept they want to make it harder for scouting a player you don't own but as I posted previously, I have no details on my own players in coach reports on how good they could be and after my coaches watching a player for a few years in game time, I struggle to believe that they cannot ascertain how good that player could be other than he can play in the prem.

The star rating kinda give you the info though. Basically the player has similar potential as the current ability of Depay (within a margin of error, I suppose). It's fair to assume Depay is a star or leading player in the league, so there is your answer. It just takes a little more effort figuring it out.

I don't know if you played long enough yet to have it happen, but when players improve your coaches will give you a report saying their ability has increase and this report will state if the player is good/leading/etc for the league.

A scouts or coaches opinion! Reece Oxford is a premier league player and so is Wayne Rooney but there is a big difference between them for a big club. Fair enough tho as I said before, I accept they want to make it harder for scouting a player you don't own but as I posted previously, I have no details on my own players in coach reports on how good they could be and after my coaches watching a player for a few years in game time, I struggle to believe that they cannot ascertain how good that player could be other than he can play in the prem.

I've already given you an idea why:

The image in the OP shows uncertainty of the player's PA. I'm guessing those black stars are why you get the vague description.

Just compare the stars in the report to the players you know. That'll give you an idea, but the black stars are the issue here. He could be as poor as 2.5* or as good as 3.5* so there will be a difference in how good a Premier League player he will be and that's why you can't get a definite answer.

Archived