Mmmm new stadium. Massive pitch.

I've been awarded a lovely new stadium and it looks very pretty. I was fearing a dour Swansea type stadium but I'm very pleased with my new home.

The first game was a friendly against my local rivals, ensuring a good gate and easy win. 3-1. But the pitch was muhassive! 118 by 94! The corner kicks hardly reached!

My previous pitch was 110/70 and I've now been asked for the dimensions I want. The options are 110/70 - 112/71 and 118/80.

I would love extra length for my strikers to run onto through balls but the width offered on the latter would destroy my 3322 out wide.

I don't know why we can't choose our own dimensions down to the inch, but with what we're given has anyone made the wrong choice on pitch dimensions and suffered greatly?

And on a second issue, my stadium has been named the Torquay stadium. I'm in the Championship. If I get promoted and push my legend status further, what's the chance of having it named after me?

And on a second issue, my stadium has been named the Torquay stadium. I'm in the Championship. If I get promoted and push my legend status further, what's the chance of having it named after me?

Well, if in 20 seasons you've conquered the footballing world, won multiple PLs and CLs, then there should be a good chance... :)

Zero chance, they dont change names I think.

Ah, no - I may have misread the OP.

You're right, once a stadium is built the name is set in stone - so very unlike real life. ;)

So the only way to possibly get a stadium named after you is to stay at the club for another 20 years (the minimum age of your current stadium before you can request a new one) and then hope the board will build a new stadium again.

I had a new stadium named after me in fm2014 but I had managed the team for over 20 years and won everything there is to win.

I never did get used to playing at 'Manager Park'.

On FM 12, I think it was, I decided for a change that I'd tinker with the pitch size decisions at the start of the season (before the league rules prohibited it in FM14). It was 105×68 before. I took the largest option about 117 by 75. My reasoning was that if we , being an attacking, flair, winger based system was to flourish, we'd be mounting the odds in our favor when we play at home and only have to endure the small pitches away. The 1st few matches went alright, but sooner than later I started regretting the decision. It was way too big. Fast play was intensely difficult. Being a big team we coped. But it was not better than having a medium sized pitch. Another thing is that the pitch looked the same graphically, but when you watch the matches, you could tell it was a much bigger pitch by the tell tale signs.

My previous pitch was 110/70 and I've now been asked for the dimensions I want. The options are 110/70 - 112/71 and 118/80.

I would love extra length for my strikers to run onto through balls but the width offered on the latter would destroy my 3322 out wide.

I don't know why we can't choose our own dimensions down to the inch, but with what we're given has anyone made the wrong choice on pitch dimensions and suffered greatly?

You certainly used to be able to get options of "short and wide", "long and narrow" too. I don't know whether these options are still available though.

Archived