FMS 2015 Awards: LIVE from Sepp Blatter's Command Bunker

tenthreeleader

Hello, all:

We come to you live from a super-secret location (hidden behind a hotel bedsheet in Geneva) with a special update on the 2015 FMS Awards!

FMSers from all over the world have gathered to drink, carouse, drink, laugh, drink, drink and give awards for the period just passed. We need your help.

We're looking for assistance in writing the ceremony. The order of awards will be:

Fantasy Story of Year

Best Story Idea of the Year

Short Story of the Year

Best Story Character

Best International Management Story of the Year

Rest of the World Story of the Year

English Story of the Year

Hall of Fame

FMS'er of Year

Story of the Year

Writer of Year

If you're interested, PM me. If not, I'm happy to handle it.

The awards ceremony will begin at 20:00 GMT Sunday from wherever this place is located :)

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd love to help, but seeing as it will take place deep in the middle of the night where I am (somewhere like 2am), I'm afraid I can't.

I'll still be around in spirit, schmoozing with you lot and generally overdosing on wine. :D

That's one of the great definition controversies in FMS. I define it as anyone with fewer than 1000 posts.

( ducking )

Mark, fetch my beers for me so I don't have to pay in return for 2016 FMS Awards votes for you? :D

To be FIFA, you'd have to give me the watch and a million quid. I could then swing TV rights to the ceremony your way.

I can give you a watch...however the million quid you might have to wait awhile. A quid a week is that ok

NOTE TO THE MEMBERSHIP:

This is why voting is important. Of the ten categories contested this year, we had three tie votes and two more decided by a single vote.

One of the categories saw a joint winner, but one of the joint winners didn't vote, and so was ineligble to win. There's a reason we have that rule in place, and now everyone will know what that reason is.

No worries mate, but its a free bar. However I will still be expecting your votes next year

Ten Three has me classed as a Rookie, clearly trying to get me to pay for beers and pocket some funds for a Xmas Party. Needless to say, he won't be getting voted for next year. Cancelling my Bolton season ticket as well.......

I can give you a watch...however the million quid you might have to wait awhile. A quid a week is that ok

While I once again try to find a new job, that would be just fine.

My position was eliminated at the start of the month. Been a sad time really. :(

Ten Three has me classed as a Rookie, clearly trying to get me to pay for beers and pocket some funds for a Xmas Party. Needless to say, he won't be getting voted for next year. Cancelling my Bolton season ticket as well.......

Now THAT is the true FMS spirit!

In the finest interests of FIFA bribery, I will personally purchase all Neil's free beer.

While I once again try to find a new job, that would be just fine.

My position was eliminated at the start of the month. Been a sad time really. :(

Sorry to hear that sir, maybe you could be become a waiter for me and Neil and go fetch us a vodka and a beer.....

*wanders in and sets up his stall of 'get out of jail free' passes near the bar*

"Bartender, mine's a Heineken. (Is that allowed with it not being a Fifa sponsor?)"

It's all about money under the table. The more, the merrier.

FIVE MINUTES TO THE AWARDS

Squad cars from across Europe are arriving outside FIFA's Geneva headquarters. Lights are flashing, bedsheets are being prepared and the contestants for this year's FMS Awards are being ushered into the lobby area under conditions of the strictest secrecy.

Sorry to hear that sir, maybe you could be become a waiter for me and Neil and go fetch us a vodka and a beer.....

Also sorry to hear that. Not sorry enough to reconsider the decision I made ten minutes ago to heckle you......but sorry nonetheless......

Also sorry to hear that. Not sorry enough to reconsider the decision I made ten minutes ago to heckle you......but sorry nonetheless......

Good wishes are appreciated and may get you to 1000 posts a bit faster :)

(Knock, knock, knock)

I hope this is the right bunker. The last one had a different Central European dictator in it. That was not very pleasant at all...

Central European dictators are, as a rule, unpleasant. But welcome!

All right, gentlemen ... my watch shows that it is time to be fashionably late.

I should mention before we begin that our esteemed Gaffer, Mark Wilson27, painstakingly compiled the votes for both the preliminary and final rounds and even counted them correctly. Your senior mod has knit the votes into a tightly-written, free-flowing, patchwork pile of BS that does in fact contain the correct totals. I hope you enjoy.

(Lights dim, a spotlight (from a police helicopter) illuminates the stage, and a single, solitary figure approaches the speaker's dais.

All right, gentlemen ... my watch shows that it is time to be fashionably late.

I should mention before we begin that our esteemed Gaffer, Mark Wilson27, painstakingly compiled the votes for both the preliminary and final rounds and even counted them correctly. Your senior mod has knit the votes into a tightly-written, free-flowing, patchwork pile of BS that does in fact contain the correct totals. I hope you enjoy.

(Lights dim, a spotlight (from a police helicopter) illuminates the stage, and a single, solitary figure approaches the speaker's dais.

You were lucky I managed to count them right

Thanks for the welcome, 10-3. I would've brought you a gift, but I sold it to the head of the Venezuelan FA in exchange for the 2019 Under-15 World Cup. I just hope he doesn't find out there isn't an Under-15 World Cup...

Archived