Does the AI working out your tacticcreate issues with long term youth training?

I have been reading a lot in these forums about training youth players and looking to develop players over the long term as I have been wanting to do more with these side of things in my own saves. However, I have also been reading posts about how the AI will "work out" your tactic after about 2-3 seasons and so tweaks (or wholesale changes in some instances) are needed in order to keep things successful. So my question is, what do people do about youth training specifically if, by the time a youth player is ready to be introduced to first team football, you are having to tweak or change tactics? Or does this not really affect things that much?

Thank you in advance.

Hi Cleon, i have just tried looking for the threads again but am not having much luck. One of them was called "29 games unbeaten and now no win in 15" or something like that and the other was a "why is my tactic not working"-type thread where that comment was offered as feedback. To be fair, it hasn't come up a lot but like i say, has been in the odd post so apologies if my op is incorrect.

The AI dont work out your tactics, football managers do.

Case Study 1 - Mr B Rodgers...........Last season, created a system went something like 10 win in 11 games. Then teams started to pay attention to what was happening, see Liverpool as a threat, and adapt how they played against them. What happened next? Stoke city and 6 v 1 pretty much sums it up (NB - in fairness he didnt use that system in that game, but point is it all went to s^&*).

FM replicates really life to a decent degree. If you are having sustained success by being over attacking, the other AI managers will adapt accordingly. Its no where near as good at replicating it as real managers, but its not some AI quirk..........

OK, so in response to Hand of God and Jambo98, the AI does at least compute that it needs to "play more defensive" if my reputation as an attacking team grows and "FM replicates real life [and adapt how they played against them]" so the way teams play against me changes and i therefore, need to tweak my tactics in order to meet this new challenge. Without wanting to be argumentative, that is/was the crux of my op even if the language wasn't quite right so therefore the original question would also still be valid would it not? Like i say, not trying to argue, just want to make sure i have explained myself correctly and if there is an answer or some useful advice, that i get it.

Cleon, if you think i am barking up the wrong tree, please feel free to close the thread.

OK, so in response to Hand of God and Jambo98, the AI does at least compute that it needs to "play more defensive" if my reputation as an attacking team grows and "FM replicates real life [and adapt how they played against them]" so the way teams play against me changes and i therefore, need to tweak my tactics in order to meet this new challenge. Without wanting to be argumentative, that is/was the crux of my op even if the language wasn't quite right so therefore the original question would also still be valid would it not? Like i say, not trying to argue, just want to make sure i have explained myself correctly and if there is an answer or some useful advice, that i get it.

Cleon, if you think i am barking up the wrong tree, please feel free to close the thread.

As your reputation grows, teams will feel they need to approach you more defensively, which leads to needing to take a different approach to beat said team.

I don't se why youth development/training comes into this. You can't possibly shape your youths into only function properly in your specific tactic/formation. You can groom them into excellence in a particular role/duty, yes - provided they have the talent - but that is how far you could go with that.

You're correct. :thup:

It didn't come across that way in the OP. The AI going more defensive is just a generally more defensive tactic. It's not anything specific to you or your tactic, which is where many get confused. You're doing well, so the AI starts taking you more seriously and is more cautious against you next time. It's simple at the moment, but it catches so many out. :D

Thank you HUNT3R, that explains it a little better for me thank you.

Thomit, i agree that while i will be training players to play a particular role or duty, the skills needed in that role or duty could be very different. For example, if i wanted my full backs to be more attacking, i would look at developing their crossing, pace and something like a "gets forward" ppm while they are still fairly young. However, if i then need to adapt my tactic for the full back to be more defensive, i would want those attributes e.g. positioning, acceleration etc. It shows as much if you use the "highlight attributes for position" function on a player profile screen. An attacking full back has 9 attributes listed whereas a defensive full back has 7 attributes listed as desirable.

I guess, if i read between the lines in these posts, in the end, that kind of thing doesn't matter when it comes to developing youth players as much as i thought it might.

Archived