Been offered an international job - few questions :)

Hi

I've dual managed club and country but only in FMH.

Are there any drawbacks in taking a national job whilst also managing a club side?

Will any club players that can also play for the country I manage have any additional benefits or disadvantages?

These may be obvious questions but I don't want to take the job and find out it's going to alienate my club and or players

... Or not take it only to later regret it :)

Any feedback would be great

Cheers

Yeah that is perhaps the main negative

It's the Spanish job - currently managing Barca

..... So on the whole a positive then.

I ended Iniesta's club career .... Might as well end his International career as well :)

Cheers Brawla

Personally I hate it, that was probably largely down to the fact it was a Spain team with an average age of 29 and refreshing it took far too much work. By the time the international break comes round I need the rest...

Never had any issues in regard to anything you've mentioned though. Each to their own, enjoy!

I've just been offered a friendly for Spain4 days before El Classico

Anything stopping me picking all the Real players and "resting" all of my Barca guys :)

You'll risk those players dropping morale. If a player expects to get called up and doesn't, he'll become unhappy.

The natural fitness and/or stamina for some of the senior players is shocking

Think I'm going to have to dispense with Silva, Cazorla, Isco as they will just need to be subbed after an hours football if I go with a pressing high tempo game.

The natural fitness and/or stamina for some of the senior players is shocking

Think I'm going to have to dispense with Silva, Cazorla, Isco as they will just need to be subbed after an hours football if I go with a pressing high tempo game.

I noticed a lot of player end matches with 60% conditioning, especially compared to FM14. I dread going into extra time now because I know my team won't be able to do much.

Anything stopping me picking all the Real players and "resting" all of my Barca guys :)

IMO, this is a bug.. You shouldn't be allowed to manage the national team and a team from the top division of that country at the same time so that you wouldn't face such scenarios like this.. i don't know how they can sort it out though

IMO, this is a bug.. You shouldn't be allowed to manage the national team and a team from the top division of that country at the same time so that you wouldn't face such scenarios like this.. i don't know how they can sort it out though

They can't because it's not a bug. It's your opinion that it should never happen.

But if Mourinho wins the league and Champions League a bunch of times, you bet England would offer him the job (again) and you bet they'll let him manage Chelsea still if that's what it takes to get him before the chance goes. Hell they probably would do that today.

You could do this but won't the game just get postponed due to international call ups?

Archived