Longest Striker Goal Drought?

Know this is hard for most to remember, as I'm not even sure this is my longest FM drought but it must be up there...

Boselli started 11 games, just got his first goal in the 58th minute of the 11th game. It's not very often I sub strikers so I make that around 16 hours of competitive football without a goal. Given that he's only played as the furthest player forward in my QPR save I think that's pretty poor! My fans hate him too, only been shotting him in more recently because I actually felt sorry for him.

What's the longest drought you can remember one of your strikers going through?

I think my worst striker was around 19-20 hours on FM12 - I think I was trying to convert him to a winger at the time so it's not a clear cut one. Most of the time my bad ones are around 10 hours, seems that's the magic number of hours to reach for some of my players to start scoring again :p

I had a striker with 1 goal in 33 hours of football. A 16 hour drought, and a drought that lasted until I shipped him off. This was of course after a run which included 11 goals in 17 games.

Suppose looking at it positively, he showed he was capable before the drought... Boselli is just a donkey. Next game he got a whopping 6.4 before getting injured. Hope I can get rid but doubt it, probably end up eating 30k a week in the u21s for 2 years. My scouts and backroom staff still proper rate him though so someone might take a punt.

13 hours used to be the magic number on FM13, easily the most regular occurrence on every save I had on it.

On my first save on FM15 I was United. Biggest mistake I made was not signing Falcao after the first season. Rooney/RVP F9 with Falcao as a poacher was deadly. Once he left Rooney had a shocker second season and RVP was stuck to the treatment table.

39 games, but the player (Adam Holloway, Wycombe Wanderers) is one of those CBs who can double up as a striker.

I was mainly playing him at CB in 90% of the games, but I had the media banging on about how bad his goal drought was!

Archived