How do you scout/sign players in lower leagues FM 15?

I'm currently managing Rhyll in the Welsh Premier League, and I'm struggling to adjust to scouting in FM15

The best scouts I can get have JPA and JCA of ~8, so when i scout players i only get 2-3 attributes on the report card even when I track the player for 2-3 weeks.

I'm wondering if there is something I'm doing wrong? Is there a way to get fuller report card with these scouts or is FM15 just a bit more realistic than other versions?

I understand I may have been spoilt in other versions by getting full report cards even in lower leagues :p

So how do you scout/sign players in lower leagues? Do you wait for fuller report cards? Should I just trust my scout's star ratings for the players?

Personally I think you have to take more risks rather than waiting for a full card, short contracts (One year) and replace if it doesn't work out.

Often at that level you are picking up free transfers as well where offering trials prior to signing can be helpful.

I tend to think offering trials is a bit of an exploit. Your scout can only get limited details about a player, but as soon as he arrives on trial, you have all his attributes and traits the moment he walks through the door.

However, to the OP - the only solution is scouting long term and let the knowledge bar on the players report card progress closer to 100% (I take it you're playing with masked attributes?)

In lower leagues it is really difficult to find players since you are limited with a number of bad scouts. Not only will they find minimal players but also cant predict the attributes well enough.

A tip would be to ask the board for more scouts from the beginning. Look for scouts with different knowledge of places. Then make them scout their scouting range.

To show the full attributes is now almost impossible in lower leagues and takes a long time. I would buy a player if he has enough green ranged attributes.

I tend to think offering trials is a bit of an exploit. Your scout can only get limited details about a player, but as soon as he arrives on trial, you have all his attributes and traits the moment he walks through the door.

However, to the OP - the only solution is scouting long term and let the knowledge bar on the players report card progress closer to 100% (I take it you're playing with masked attributes?)

It is definitely an oversight. In fact I don't think even properly signing a player should make all their attributes instantly visible. It should take a few weeks of full training at least to get the full picture.

But it is the correct answer to the OP as it is the best way of learning about potential signings. As most of your signings if not all of them will be free they are available and willing to come on trial.

Does a player on trial can be signed by other club during the trial before I decide?

I play with 3 star league. What I do is continuosly scout South American countries (1 scout for each country). Eventually my scouts find players that are out of contract and I offer these players a trial. During the trial I am able to see all their info. South America have players that are better than the players offered in my league, so I can snatch some of these South American prospects for cheap when they have no team.

Release him whenever. Sometimes I had 20 players arrive for pre-season trials and some would be kicked out the moment they came through the door. You only need to trial them for as long as it takes to get their stats, which is immediate (though I've yet to play FM15).

Also, see who else is interested in him. If its a number of clubs from higher leagues, then I wouldn't waste time and sign him asap.

As I'm also in the Welsh Premier, this is what I do, if I'm in pre-season, I'll send a scout to evaluate the player for a month, this usually gives me a clear indication of his stats and abilities, sometimes I'll have about 3 or 5 areas that still need to be assessed but which may not necessarily be attributes. I will also do this around November time, I also make sure my scouts have an assignment on the Welsh Premier Cup, League Cup and Welsh Cup, I don't necessarily pick up players on trials unless I found someone who looks promising from the original report, give him a short trial of a week, play him in some friendlies, if he gets a rating of 6.8/6.9+ I tend to sign him.

Also, I'm not too sure on Rhyl's reputation, but I'm sure you could get a scout of JPA/P of 11 for one of those stats, as for the Welsh League, the one tip I'd give you is to never go for a youth player with 5* potential, unless he has more than 3.5* current ability, the lack of youth facilities and coaching staff available would probably render him useless for a good few years, with tight budgets in the Welsh Premier unless you are Airbus/Bangor/TNS then to me, it is pointless.

Edit, slightly off topic, but just got offered the Stenhousemuir job from managing Newtown AFC to 7th in the league last season, declined it though. :p

Archived