Save game compression and the saving time issue

Was there any reason given for forcing save game compression on the game? With issues currently like the game ruining saving time issue (still waiting on a fix for this*) it seems a bit odd that we aren't given the options we once were to try and speed up saving time.

I'm assuming that there are some difficulties fixing the save game issue (or they'd surely have pushed out a hotfix for such a major issue by now), but it is very frustrating that we don't have options we once had anymore for such issues.

Was there any reason given for forcing save game compression on the game? With issues currently like the game ruining saving time issue (still waiting on a fix for this*) it seems a bit odd that we aren't given the options we once were to try and speed up saving time.

I'm assuming that there are some difficulties fixing the save game issue (or they'd surely have pushed out a hotfix for such a major issue by now), but it is very frustrating that we don't have options we once had anymore for such issues.

Didn't it get removed in FM14? Pretty sure I remember them saying that they removed the option out of necessity, although can't rememeber why that was. I doubt it's as simple as just turning off compression, as, like you say, you'd imagine they would have pushed something out by now for that issue. Of course, it's just as likely (probably more so) that they have fixed it, but are waiting for a further raft of fixes to be readied so they're not releasing multiple small patches. Who knows...apart from SI of course.

Didn't it get removed in FM14? Pretty sure I remember them saying that they removed the option out of necessity, although can't rememeber why that was. I doubt it's as simple as just turning off compression, as, like you say, you'd imagine they would have pushed something out by now for that issue. Of course, it's just as likely (probably more so) that they have fixed it, but are waiting for a further raft of fixes to be readied so they're not releasing multiple small patches. Who knows...apart from SI of course.

I understand that they probably had a reason, but for such a massive bug to just be left as is, when it wasn't even this bad prior to 5.1.3 for such a long period of time, without any real explanation is bizarre. It's fine if it's a huge bug to fix, but I'd at least ask that they explain exactly what's gone wrong, why they can't roll that particular aspect back to how it was prior to 5.1.3 and why the games must be compressed without any other options.

I remember in FM14 that if a saved game file size got too big, it wouldn't always save to the Steam cloud.

Pure speculation on my part but maybe they've employed greater compression in FM15 and as a result of this we're seeing longer saving times.

I remember in FM14 that if a saved game file size got too big, it wouldn't always save to the Steam cloud.

Pure speculation on my part but maybe they've employed greater compression in FM15 and as a result of this we're seeing longer saving times.

...that need to be fixed. I also don't quite understand forced compression. It's silly I can't see any details in a match that was played exactly one year ago - that period seems to be the limit.

...that need to be fixed. I also don't quite understand forced compression. It's silly I can't see any details in a match that was played exactly one year ago - that period seems to be the limit.

Again, there's probably a decent enough reason for it not to be "silly". SI won't be removing features on a whim, or without considerable planning beforehand.

Yeah I've always disliked that, I liked looking at past matches, but they disappear after no time at all

Was gonna start a new thread but perhaps someone might be kind enough to answer here.

What happened to the rolling save option??

I liked having the 3 saves there in case the main one ever got corrupted or anything.

It's still there. I use a 10 file rolling save. Check in Preferences.

Archived