[FM 2016] Ultimate Stars and Legends Game (1880's to 2016)

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

they are topping the table on mine, every player seems littered with 16+

Yes, They were The Team of all Talents when they won five premier leagues in the late 18 and early 1900's. The Head of the FA called them the team of all talents because they had a talented player in every position, so all those boys came back and then of course since 1800's they have had a few brilliant players, so this is all about history, what we have found out is that Sunderland is the biggest sleeping giant. For a club with their history they should be doing alot better today. Newcastle is the same or similar, when the football league first started it was dominated by the North East Clubs.

Possibly the greatest comeback of my FM career, against such a high quality side too. Maintaining my unbeaten start to the season too.

1ik0bb.jpg

Sheffield Wednesday is another sleeping giant. They are high in the media prediction. This is still a great result and comeback away from home against a very powerful Liverpool team. Very Well Played. :thup:

First off I’m amazed at how good this DB is and the amount of work put into it

I noted down a few tweaks but nothing major.

Stuart Peace has 8 for free kicks and penalties, his leadership seemed too low as well. Pearce was known for his set pieces, so I’d have him at 15 for both as a minimum. He also the most influential captain Forest have ever had, so needs to be a higher rating than current captain Keane.

Stan Collymore needs well over 15 for strength. His game was all about speed and power. He really lacked professionalism (I haven’t looked at him in the editor to see what that’s set too). Often skipping training at Forest with farfetched excuses.

Paul Warhurst should be set to CB (20) and CF (14) as well as CM. He started and finished as a CB, then at Sheff Wed he made his name as a CF, being included in an England squad as one.

Terry Phelan needs higher than single figures for tackling, and he didn’t play as a DM from what a remember only LB/WB

Keith Curle only played as a CB

Nigel Winterburn didn’t play DM either did he, just LB?

Paolo Di Canio played as a winger before he was at Sheff Wed so maybe allow give him 14/15 for LW/RW?

Archie Gemmill is really more of a Derby Legend, but only take him out if Neil Webb can come in. Same goes for Peter Withe, he should/could be at Villa and have Gary Birtles come in.

I spent all last night on Create a Club, under some self-imposed rules. Blackburn were the team sacrificed for Carnage 3:16.

I loaded the recommended leagues you suggested and decided not to pick a player that matches the same nationality. So no nationals from:

Argentina, Brazil, England, France, Germany, Italy, Holland, Portugal, Spain, Austria, Scotland

Only 1 player per nation at all times. Once the game has started I’ll be able to buy players from any nation, but the squad still can’t contain two players from the same nation. Sell before I buy… *Regens can stay

And only 1 player can be picked from each club during the initial squad selection

GK Mark Bosnich, Neville Southall & Igor Akinfeev

RB Roland Nilsson & Thomas Helveg

LB Robert Jarni & Sinisa Mihajlovic

CB Kolo Toure & Henning Berg

CB/CM Rafael Marquez & Lucas Radebe

CM Roy Keane

CM/AM Enzo Scifo & Hidetoshi Nakata

AM Georgi Kinkladze & Carlos Valderrama

AM/IF Gheorghe Hagi

IF George Best & Jay-Jay Okocha

IF/CF Hristo Stoichkov

CF Stephane Chapuisat, Ivan Zamerano & Hakan Sukur

It’s tough to work out the exact wage budget till the savegame has actually started. Blackburn had £974,970 per week and I put together the squad below for £964,736.

First off I’m amazed at how good this DB is and the amount of work put into it

I noted down a few tweaks but nothing major.

Stuart Peace has 8 for free kicks and penalties, his leadership seemed too low as well. Pearce was known for his set pieces, so I’d have him at 15 for both as a minimum. He also the most influential captain Forest have ever had, so needs to be a higher rating than current captain Keane.

Stan Collymore needs well over 15 for strength. His game was all about speed and power. He really lacked professionalism (I haven’t looked at him in the editor to see what that’s set too). Often skipping training at Forest with farfetched excuses.

Paul Warhurst should be set to CB (20) and CF (14) as well as CM. He started and finished as a CB, then at Sheff Wed he made his name as a CF, being included in an England squad as one.

Terry Phelan needs higher than single figures for tackling, and he didn’t play as a DM from what a remember only LB/WB

Keith Curle only played as a CB

Nigel Winterburn didn’t play DM either did he, just LB?

Paolo Di Canio played as a winger before he was at Sheff Wed so maybe allow give him 14/15 for LW/RW?

Archie Gemmill is really more of a Derby Legend, but only take him out if Neil Webb can come in. Same goes for Peter Withe, he should/could be at Villa and have Gary Birtles come in.

Hi Carninho,

First of all, i am very happy that you like my work.

All the changes you requested i agree with and have been completed.

Stuart Pearce: I have raised his FK and PK to 17, and i completely agree with you. I have also raised his Leadership to 18 and reduced Keane to 17, as we all know what a great captain Keane becomes but he is only 20, so 17 is fine for him at that stage.

Stan Collymore: He is only 20, and will still develop, I have adjusted his strength to 17 and raised his speed slightly as I agree with you. I have also reduced his professionalism down to around 8 and slightly raised his controversy rating.

Paul Warhurst: Done as requested.

Terry Phelan: Have raised his Tackling to 12 and removed the DM

Keith Curle: Now only plays as a CB.

Nigel Winterburn Now only plays as a LB/WB

Paolo Di Madio Now has 15 for AML/AMR

Thanks so much for your feedback and support. :)

In regards to the last one about Archie and Webb, i will put this on my list and take a look at it.

I spent all last night on Create a Club, under some self-imposed rules. Blackburn were the team sacrificed for Carnage 3:16.

I loaded the recommended leagues you suggested and decided not to pick a player that matches the same nationality. So no nationals from:

Argentina, Brazil, England, France, Germany, Italy, Holland, Portugal, Spain, Austria, Scotland

Only 1 player per nation at all times. Once the game has started I’ll be able to buy players from any nation, but the squad still can’t contain two players from the same nation. Sell before I buy… *Regens can stay

And only 1 player can be picked from each club during the initial squad selection

GK Mark Bosnich, Neville Southall & Igor Akinfeev

RB Roland Nilsson & Thomas Helveg

LB Robert Jarni & Sinisa Mihajlovic

CB Kolo Toure & Henning Berg

CB/CM Rafael Marquez & Lucas Radebe

CM Roy Keane

CM/AM Enzo Scifo & Hidetoshi Nakata

AM Georgi Kinkladze & Carlos Valderrama

AM/IF Gheorghe Hagi

IF George Best & Jay-Jay Okocha

IF/CF Hristo Stoichkov

CF Stephane Chapuisat, Ivan Zamerano & Hakan Sukur

It’s tough to work out the exact wage budget till the savegame has actually started. Blackburn had £974,970 per week and I put together the squad below for £964,736.

Great Choices!

Hagi and Best are two of my favourite players, used to enjoy watching Hagi play, great set pieces :)

Hi,

First of all fantastic work here with the database. Thank you for your hard work.

I'm having trouble with the face pack, all of the players are showing with the wrong faces. I've tried clearing the cache and ticking and unticking 'Use caching to decrease page loading times' but no luck.

Any suggestions?

Hi Mate,

Thanks for your feedback and I am pleased you like my work. 

In regards to the Facepack, the best thing to do is:

Delete the current graphics folder in: MyDocument-SportsInteractive-FootballManager2016 

Step 2: Download the Ultimate legends zip file to that folder ^^^

Step3: Extract Here

Step4: Load the Ultimate Legends game

Step5: Go to preferences in FM - Clear the Cache - then Reload Skin...

That should work perfectly then.

4 hours ago, Carninho said:

i had that issue with old and new facepacks. i had to move my old pics out into a folder outside of the FM directory. it didnt seem to like both sets at once. 

Hi Carninho,

Yes, i wouldn't mix any pics or have any other graphics, the game gets confused otherwise and then mixes everything up... 

3 minutes ago, stotty1982 said:

im really struggling to get my man united team to click at the moment. playing 4-3-3 and just not creating enough chances at all. any one got any tactics that are working?

I'm a fan of these two, especially as they fit the type of players in this DB i.e. attacking full backs and players with a high work rate

1 hour ago, stotty1982 said:

im really struggling to get my man united team to click at the moment. playing 4-3-3 and just not creating enough chances at all. any one got any tactics that are working?

Hi

I don't mean to be bias but you could try my Ultimate Doom tactic too. :)

12 minutes ago, dfdfhjdhgjfg said:

messi' s technique is only 15

and await some more German players

hope for update

Thanks I will adjust his technique. There are lots more east german players, if you have any in mind in particular, let me know. :thup:

41 minutes ago, Citizen Kane said:

yes the economy on this is a bit out of sync, very very hard to balance

2 minutes ago, Citizen Kane said:

tony watt's future transfer needs removing

Thanks. 

I will add this to my list and the address the financial situation in the update

14 minutes ago, Citizen Kane said:

again some praise, this is the best fun i've had on the game for years. 

I have now signed Moore and Pele to Blackburn...

I would recommend making Pogba 15/16 and swapping Kahn's age with Maiers????????/

Thanks, ive put that on my list and take a look at it. I don't see why not. :)

Thanks I am so pleased that your enjoying it.... and it is alot of fun, hopefully when the update come out it will still be as much fun!

5 minutes ago, izagooner said:

cool who is in the update:thup:

I will not spoil the surprise but there will be alot more players in the final update.

I did a bit of work on Huddersfield and there are  alot of East Germans.

This update is mainly though a fix for the financial situation and fix of the minor errors we found.

8 minutes ago, Citizen Kane said:

how many additions in the latest update?

Not many mate, but quite a few east germans and huddersfield players and i also put in a bolton keeper. JJ

Paol neilson is there, the final update will have more players.

What i have done is put the transfer values and wages back to normal but increased the wage budgets so there wont be any more squeeze on wages.

I have tested and it is much better... i am now able to sign 3 or 4 or 5 and not get squeezed on wages. 

The way to look on it now is that you can get real bargains in scotland, hungary, austria and holland  brazil and argentina etc etc

Yes players are more expensive in england germany spain italy portugal france ..... also get much more money when you sell now as well..... so it evens out... and the extra wage budget remaining has made a 'world of difference'! :) Enjoy!

It is much more even balanced financially now that is back to normal values again... 

Also shearer and makelele are now male :)

To the FINAL UPDATE we go!! please be patient while i prepare this.

Edited by Fenech

3 minutes ago, Fenech said:

Not many mate, but quite a few east germans and huddersfield players and i also put in a bolton keeper. JJ

Paol neilson is there, the final update will have more players.

What i have done is put the transfer values and wages back to normal but increased the wage budgets so there wont be any more squeeze on wages.

I have tested and it is much better... i am now able to sign 3 or 4 or 5 and not get squeezed on wages. 

The way to look on it now is that you can get real bargains in scotland, hungary, austria and holland etc.

Yes players are more expensive in england germany spain italy portugal but you also get much more money when you sell now as well..... so it evens out... and the extra wage budget remaining has made a 'world of difference'! :) Enjoy!

It is much more even balanced financially now that is back to normal values again... 

Also shearer and makelele are now male :)

To the FINAL UPDATE we go!! please be patient while i prepare this.

looking forward to it mate ... been adding lots of east Europeans to the original release myself will wait to see whats in the final update before I carry on :thup:

1 minute ago, izagooner said:

looking forward to it mate ... been adding lots of east Europeans to the original release myself will wait to see whats in the final update before I carry on :thup:

Ok mate, lots of east germans in there now and i am sure you will like the FINAL update :)

28 minutes ago, Citizen Kane said:

rene higuita should have eccentricity 20, gets forward whenever. dribbles ball often, tries long range shots/free kicks

no keeper ever like him 

I agree and i will add those personal instruction however the editor no longer allows you to put a goalkeeper who can do outfield positions, so it it was not possible to do the same in this as i did with some keepers in the 2014 database... my worry is as he is only a goalkeeper and i put gets forward whenever possible that it might cause him to cost his team alot of goals. i will think about it some more.

He does have alot of technical attributes but i had to reduce them a bit because of the fact that you cant have a goalkeeper with outfield positions and i dont want to take away from the fact that he was also a good goalkeeper.

Edited by Fenech

21 minutes ago, Citizen Kane said:

his runs did cause alot of goals against them, I doubt he'll go mad in the engine

ok ill add in the preferred moves, and keep an eye on him. but i do think it is a shame that the editor no longer allows goalkeepers  to also play outfield positions because clearly certain goalkeepers in history had the ability to do this...

I have been adding some players to the DB myself (though admittedly not at the same level of detail as you have).

When i start a game with my own updated DB however, i have noticed that some of the created players appear with CB set as a natural position, even though they have this set at 0 in the editor. This affects both the players i created and Fenech so i don't believe it should be with how i have created the players i have added. 

Anybody know why this is happening?

43 minutes ago, Bittah Dreamer said:

I have been adding some players to the DB myself (though admittedly not at the same level of detail as you have).

When i start a game with my own updated DB however, i have noticed that some of the created players appear with CB set as a natural position, even though they have this set at 0 in the editor. This affects both the players i created and Fenech so i don't believe it should be with how i have created the players i have added. 

Anybody know why this is happening?

Hi Bittah,

There is a bug in the Editor, if when you create a player, you do not put in his natural position (20) first then it will give the player 20 for defence, also if you put in a number below 20 for central defence first, it will also automatically make the player a natural attacker. Also if you import any players into the database, rather then create them from scratch, it will also do this to a number of players anyway.

Therefore when I create a player now from scratch, I ensure that I put the natural position in first (20) and that stops the issue from happening. You may need to go back over players you have added to the database, if you go in there you will see that the number is not 0, but now 20, just simply remove it back to 0 to fix the issue. As long as they are 20 in their natural position, it won't try to give it 20 in defence or attack. 

It is a pain i know, because i create the players in alot of detail and when i first started this project, i learned about this bug very quickly so I know that every player created does not have this issue now and I tested for this extensively before release to ensure this was the case... i was hoping someone might fix it when the winter update came out but no one did.

It is with how you created the players or added the players because i know this from having experienced it while creating players myself. :thup:

Edited by Fenech

2 minutes ago, Fenech said:

Hi Bittah,

There is a bug in the Editor, if when you create a player, you do not put in his natural position (20) first then it will give the player 20 for defence, also if you put in a number below 20 for central defence first, it will also automatically make the player a natural attacker.

Therefore when I create a player now, I ensure that I put the natural position in first (20) and that stops the issue from happening. You may need to go back over players you have added to the database, if you go in there you will see that the number is not 0, but now 20, just simply remove it back to 0 to fix the issue. As long as they are 20 in their natural position, it won't try to give it 20 in defence or attack. 

It is a pain i know, because i create the players in alot of detail and when i first started this project, i learned about this bug very quickly so I know that every player created does not have this issue.. i was hoping someone might fix it when the winter update came out but no one did.

It is with how you created the players because i know this from having experienced it while creating players myself. :thup:

When you say "enter the natural position first", do you mean immediately once it has been created and before putting in any other stats such as name?

In all cases I have put in the natural position as 20 - but usually after having done the general person details.

Also, this has showed up with some of our players like pele who now has CB as a natural position in addition to his attacking roles. I checked the DB though and he still has zero there. I have also seen the reverse pop in one of your players (Jesus Garay) who should be a cb but has striker listed.

I believe this is only happening on my DB (having added in my own players). I didn't notice it until i started adding players myself.

14 minutes ago, Bittah Dreamer said:

When you say "enter the natural position first", do you mean immediately once it has been created and before putting in any other stats such as name?

In all cases I have put in the natural position as 20 - but usually after having done the general person details.

Also, this has showed up with some of our players like pele who now has CB as a natural position in addition to his attacking roles. I checked the DB though and he still has zero there. I have also seen the reverse pop in one of your players (Jesus Garay) who should be a cb but has striker listed.

I believe this is only happening on my DB (having added in my own players). I didn't notice it until i started adding players myself.

Hi mate,

I don't think it matter, when you enter the positions.... as long as it stays at 0, it shouldn't move from that as long as they are natural 20 in their real position or any other positions they may be natural in... however if your importing players in rather than creating them, it will just simply mess up alot of the positions which you will need to fix.

All i know is that once the player is in the editor, if you find he is natural in a position he shouldn't be you should set that to 0 again, and you will find it stays at 0 as long as he already has 20 in his real natural positions.

I don't know why it would show up as 0 and then have this as a natural position in the game because i have not found that at all in my experience and both pele does not have CB or jesus garay does not have striker in my database either.  I do know that centre backs not put in as a 20 it will auto put striker at 20.. it's a bug mate, not your fault, but you will need to either delete the database and reinstall my one, or go over the players you put in and fix the positions for the players affected....

Edited by Fenech

20 hours ago, Fenech said:

Hi mate,

I don't think it matter, when you enter the positions.... as long as it stays at 0, it shouldn't move from that as long as they are natural 20 in their real position or any other positions they may be natural in... however if your importing players in rather than creating them, it will just simply mess up alot of the positions which you will need to fix.

All i know is that once the player is in the editor, if you find he is natural in a position he shouldn't be you should set that to 0 again, and you will find it stays at 0 as long as he already has 20 in his real natural positions.

I don't know why it would show up as 0 and then have this as a natural position in the game because i have not found that at all in my experience and both pele does not have CB or jesus garay does not have striker in my database either.  I do know that centre backs not put in as a 20 it will auto put striker at 20.. it's a bug mate, not your fault, but you will need to either delete the database and reinstall my one, or go over the players you put in and fix the positions for the players affected....

Ok this is getting infuriating. I started again working off the update you posted last night  checked Pele and Garay on your DB and both have their correct positions set.

i started creating my own players again being careful to make sure I had positions set, going back every now and then to double check them after a while. All good.

loaded a game after a while and noticed the same thing was happening (again to Pele, Garay and maybe 150-300 others) - but worse I noticed their attributes had been corrupted as well (it had happened on the first attempt I did as well but hadn't noticed). For whatever reason their current ability is either being raised or lowered so the game has to make adjustments when loading a game. E.g. Garay had his CA lowered so his mental were destroyed when the game loads, Pele had his CA raised to 220 which also meant he didn't load right as the game had to bring him back down to 200). 

These changes don't show on the editor unless I reload the DB. I looked back through the working saves I had made and the stat corruption seems to get progressively worse as I go. 

Anybody any any ideas what's happening?