FM15: West Ham United - Moving the Academy to Stratford

Gandy

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I tried to play the BFS way as I just downloaded the demo. I tried to set up as a striker less formation to try and get Sakho and Valencia to close down the full backs. Thats how I see sam playing the game. The bad news was that the wing backs would not get forward and attack the space ahead of them as the strikers were in the space they needed to be. The very basic shape and team I had was

If (s) Am (a) If(s)

b2b (s) b2b (s)

Hb (d)

Cwb (a) cd (d) cd (d) Cwb (a)

I tried to play the BFS way as I just downloaded the demo. I tried to set up as a striker less formation to try and get Sakho and Valencia to close down the full backs. Thats how I see sam playing the game. The bad news was that the wing backs would not get forward and attack the space ahead of them as the strikers were in the space they needed to be. The very basic shape and team I had was

If (s) Am (a) If(s)

b2b (s) b2b (s)

Hb (d)

Cwb (a) cd (d) cd (d) Cwb (a)

I wouldn't suggest playing with two Box-to-Box midfielders in the middle.

Have a look at this excellent post that helped me understand pairings.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/375632-Pairs-amp-Combinations-The-Complete-Series

That was a decent pre-season. Maybe wait until the patch is released today (or tomorrow, not sure with the time difference) and hopefully the amount of goals conceded is reduced.

Just a question though, do you manage your pre-season matches or leave it to your assistant?

I can't get anything away from home. Finding at easy at home ( I've played 4 Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea and Villa and have won 3) destroyed Liverpool 3-0 but lost to Chelsea. Went 1-0 up with a penalty ( and terry should have been straight red as last man when Valencia was in but only got a yellow.

Doesn't help that I've played last seasons top 5 In the first 8 matches however getting beat by qpr and wba isn't acceptable home or away. Also got put out he cup by Dagenham but I played the kids

What kind of stats did you give them? I might include them myself.

Pretty sure Oxford is 16 in December, so hopefully in one of the latter patches.

Borg was 16 in June, so maybe the next patch? I'm not sure on the rules ..

Well tried my diamond out and did well in friendlies but got stuffed out of sight by Villa first game of season. Absolutely mullered down the flanks. So I er, reloaded, ok it's cheating and tried something new and have won two and drawn one with this. It seems ok defensively and the opposition seems to just take pot shots. Only conceded one and that was a clearance by Reid that smacked Poyet in the face and rebounded into the goal but it's a little toothless up top. Better than FM14 when with this formation you couldn't attack at all but it could do with improving so any ideas?

Fluid / Standard 4231

------------------CF S-----------------

WM S------------CM A------------WM A

-----------DM D----------DM S--------

LB A--------CB D-------CB D-----RB S-

-------------------GK D-----------------

Retain possession/push higher up/close down more/prevent short GK distribution.

The irony was that I scored a fantastic counter attacking goal on standard but I can never replicate it on counter. It just happens and you can't seem to make it happen more regularly!!

Anyway thoughts would be appreciated.

I've had some success with this formation, although I am still only a few months into the first season. I'll admit I did slightly edit Valencia (pace), and all of the CB's to have better positioning since I didn't really agree with what was in the game. I didn't find Tomkins or Collins to be Premier League defenders at all.

I did sell Vaz Te (1 million) and Carlton Cole (free) and bought Rene Adler and he's been a massive improvement over Adrian. I don't know how everybody else is doing but Ravel Morrison has been by far my best player. I'm at work right now but he's averaged about a 7.3 or so for me and my team always plays a lot better when he's in the lineup. Most of my goals seem to come through Morrison.

Standard/Structured

-------------------AF (A)------------------

W (S)---------------T (A)------------------W(S)

------------CM (S)----------BWM (S)-----------

FB (S)-------CB (D) -------CB (D)-----------FB (S)

Best player for me has been Aaron Cresswell.

I've been using three similar formations. Number 2 has been the best for me by far.

-----CF----

W---AP---W

---CM--CM---

WB--CB--CB--WB

-----CF----

W---------W

-CM-CM-CM-

WB--CB--CB--WB

-----CF----

W---------W

--CM---CM--

------DM-----

WB--CB--CB--WB

Hi Boys and Girls

West Ham fan here, i'm still playing the Demo, but it does use the most recent ME and i am doing really well with a 4-2-3-1 tactic.

After testing with the Demo i am in two minds whether to buy the game or not, as there are still some massive frustrations for me concerning the ME.

Not only that, but i wanted to know what happens in January concerning the African Nations, as in my Demo game i lost 5 players to it. I want to know if the board support you in January allowing you to bring in cover?.

Thanks, oh and if anyone is interested in the tactics i have been using please PM me, as i don't want to release it publicly because i'm paranoid the next update will ruin it. :D

Just finished my second season with West Ham and I'm doing great!

I made a couple of small edits before beginning though; edited Kouyate to play CM (which he does for us anyway irl) and improved Valencia's jumping and heading slightly (which is shockingly underrated imo).

1st season saw us scrape 4th thanks to Man City only picking up 1 point from their last 2 games (Southampton and Palace) where I managed to beat Palace and lose to Man Utd in those last 2 games. 2nd season saw us finish 3rd. I've done nothing in the cups mind and got knocked out by Athletico Madrid in the 1st knockout stage of the Champs League so I'm currently trophyless :(

I'm using a tactic which I found on FM-Base (http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/share-download-fm-15-tactics/179480-christianeriksen-beautiful-play.html) but I'm not using the latest tactic but rather using version 5.1 of it which someone (raykillerz I think the username is) has tweaked. This tactic is brilliant! Its a 4-1-2-2-1 attacking/fluid formation which is excellent at home. Its not so great away, especially against the big teams who will often carve your attacking intents wide open so I do play around with the tactic then but have yet to come up with anything particularly solid. This tactic has scored me plenty (88 goals 1st season before the hotfix (conceding 53) and then 78 goals the 2nd (conceding 37)) so its very fun to watch and it fits the playing squad excellently for West Ham too.

1st season my starting 11 was usually;

----------Sahko/Valencia

Jarvis/Zarate------- Morrison/Amalifano

----------Noble Song

------------Kouyate

Cresswell Reid Tomkins O'Brien/Jenkinson

------------Adrian

2nd Season after a couple of transfers (Leali, Pereyra, Richards all on frees, Guidetti 200k and Crisetig on loan);

-------------Guidetti/Sahko

Jarvis/Zarate------------Valencia/Morrison

-----------Noble - Roberto Pereya

-----------Crisetig/Kouyate

Cresswell - Reid - Tomkins - Micah Richards

---------------Leali

Cresswell has been amazing for me and so has Noble. Morrison was great 1st season as was Sahko but both faded during the second season which eventually saw me go for Valencia on the right and Guidetti up top. Pereyra has also been a revelation for me and now worth £26.5m!

Basically I've had no transfer budget to spend until Jan 2016 either, I sold Maigia in the Summer 15 to help fund the above mentioned transfers in and thats it. I bought Ajar (£1m) and Balanta (£6m) in the Jan 16 window and thats it.

Moved into the new stadium now and also had a takeover (consortium who invested in youth but no real boost in finance). Earned a bucketfull of cash from the Champs League the season before and am now looking at £47m in the bank with a £17m transfer budget. Just released Nolan and sold Downing to clear 100k of the wage bill too so I'm about to do some shopping!

Here's some screenshots;

Tactics - http://i.imgur.com/gLBj2gK.png

Instructions - http://i.imgur.com/3j6DE0g.png

League 14/15 - http://i.imgur.com/xHJWNRz.png

League 15/16 - http://i.imgur.com/cWCmMJN.png

Cresswell has been amazing for me and so has Noble. Morrison was great 1st season as was Sahko but both faded during the second season which eventually saw me go for Valencia on the right and Guidetti up top.

I tried playing Morrison in a similar position to this and he was pretty awful for me there to be honest. Only when I moved him to the Trequartisa role in the middle has he really excelled, even though it's only been about 10 matches. Have you always played him wide or trying him at either of the CM positons? I really haven't been able to get anything out of Sahko.

Haven't conceded in three Premier League matches, scoring seven goals in the process. Downing and Zárate have been my best players so far, with both being directly involved in all seven goals.

I played youth and was knocked out of the cup by Oldham, might actually try and get somewhere in the FA Cup to be honest. Wouldn't mind a trophy.

Can someone tell me what happens in the first January when players are lost to the African Nations? Do the board provide transfer funds to bring in cover?.

I'm still playing the Demo, but trying to decide whether to buy the game or not?, in the Demo we lose 5 players to the AN so cover would be essential.

Thanks

Can someone tell me what happens in the first January when players are lost to the African Nations? Do the board provide transfer funds to bring in cover?.

I'm still playing the Demo, but trying to decide whether to buy the game or not?, in the Demo we lose 5 players to the AN so cover would be essential.

Thanks

I had no funds in January. Didn't particularly affect me much though and I don't think Demel even got called up. Song is a big miss but the others you can get by without for a couple of games

I tried playing Morrison in a similar position to this and he was pretty awful for me there to be honest. Only when I moved him to the Trequartisa role in the middle has he really excelled, even though it's only been about 10 matches. Have you always played him wide or trying him at either of the CM positons? I really haven't been able to get anything out of Sahko.

I've yet to really try him in CM. I've brought him on there as a sub but he hasn't really done anything to impress me. He was very disappointing in my second season and only managed 6 starts as a winger. He's moaning about wanting first team football now and I'm considering selling him. Noble and Pereyra are 2 of my best performing players so he's not getting a look in at CM at the moment.

On a separate note is Andy Carroll causing anyone problems? He keeps missing training for me and then moans when I fine him. I'm trying to sell him but because of his massive wages its difficult to find a buyer!

Just got to December. Going to try and offload Carroll, Jarvis and Demel. Might look at getting Hahn from Gladbach and Mitrović from Anderlecht.

Definitely going to be looking at getting Timo Horn if I have spare cash in January, or at the end of the season.

I had no funds in January. Didn't particularly affect me much though and I don't think Demel even got called up. Song is a big miss but the others you can get by without for a couple of games

This is frustrating for me, as West Ham IRL are already putting together a shortlist of potential purchases for the January transfer window.

The fact that when you start in FM Downing is regarded as the 2nd best central midfielder and Kouyate is a natural centre back already makes things awkward.

The board just offered to discuss my vision for a new contract, I accidentally clicked out of it and now I can't renegotiate a new contract.

Just hope I get another opportunity before the end of the season with my form somewhat holding up.

I am trying to get rid of Jarvis, Carroll and Jääskeläinen to get funds for new players. Not having much luck.

I managed to get £7.5M for Carroll and Jaasska came to the end of his contract(but retired anyway).

Just posted this in the feedback thread though.......................

Surely not right.

Just finished my first season in charge of West Ham and in pre season of season 2 there is a takeover bid for the club.

What's worse is that all the signings i had already agreed have been cancelled.

Surely the whole Olympic Stadium move shows the two Dave's are in it for the long haul?.

This seems like a massive error to me AND if those players go elsewhere thats my long term game down the drain when it has barely started.

I think takeovers in-game might be based on age. They're both into their 70's (I think) and that could be reflected with an early takeover. I'll let you know if it happens with me, or is just random.

I've just got into February in my first season, loaning Carroll to Southampton and selling Amalfitano to Newcastle for £4m. Released Jääskeläinen on a free transfer too.

That funded my acquisitions of Timo Horn for £3.8m (annoyingly arriving at the end of the season), Dennis Praet for £220k and Christian Clemens for the rest of the season.

I think takeovers in-game might be based on age. They're both into their 70's (I think) and that could be reflected with an early takeover. I'll let you know if it happens with me, or is just random.

I've just got into February in my first season, loaning Carroll to Southampton and selling Amalfitano to Newcastle for £4m. Released Jääskeläinen on a free transfer too.

That funded my acquisitions of Timo Horn for £3.8m (annoyingly arriving at the end of the season), Dennis Praet for £220k and Christian Clemens for the rest of the season.

I finished my first season 6th in the table and also won the FA Cup. :eek:

Let me know if your interested in who i signed.

I holidayed for two years in the game until West Ham moved into Olympic Stadium in July 2016. West Ham had been taken over by 2 Argentinians in May 2016. I added a manager and took over West Ham and there was a 30 Million pound transfer budget.

I also downloaded Work the Space's game that he had holidayed until 2016. The same thing had happened in this game, although the new owners were Italian.

I have only just started a proper West Ham game and I'm not up to 2016.

Definitely interested man. I'm still hoping to offload Nolan and Carroll in the off-season. Even if it's just the wages, it would help immensely.

I couldn't get rid of Nolan sadly.

First season i sold Carlton Cole and brought in Ekdal and a young LB in the first window. In January i sold Collins and brought in Van Der Wiel(RB) on loan as both O'Brien and Jenkinson had injuries.

Season 2 signings.

Ron-Robert Zieler (GK) £7.5M minimum release clause

Corchia (RB) £8M

Balanta (DC) £6.5M

Van Der Wiel (RB) on loan again

Guidetti (ST) Free

Pereyra (MC) Free

Sold

Carroll £7.5M

Maiga £4.6M

O'Brien £1.1M

Despite the take over i managed to bring in the players i wanted, let me know if there is any other info i can help you with.

I might be in the market for a right-back and right-winger at the end of the season.

Was considering signing Jenkinson full-time with Arsenal being reasonable with the price, but might try and aim a little higher.

How have you found Van Der Wiel so far?

I might be in the market for a right-back and right-winger at the end of the season.

Was considering signing Jenkinson full-time with Arsenal being reasonable with the price, but might try and aim a little higher.

How have you found Van Der Wiel so far?

Corchia is my No 1 RB, VDW is just cover for Europe etc.

Arsenal would not loan me Jenks again and wanted about £8M for him despite only being back up.

Valencia was a star for me on the right, i also used Zarate there to good effect.

I've actually been playing a very basic 442 to great effect. Zárate is usually partnered with Valencia or Sakho up front, with Downing on the left and Clemens on the right.

Zárate has scored 22 goals in 25 games as a poacher. Valencia is leading the side with 12 assists in 26 games.

I've actually been playing a very basic 442 to great effect. Zárate is usually partnered with Valencia or Sakho up front, with Downing on the left and Clemens on the right.

Zárate has scored 22 goals in 25 games as a poacher. Valencia is leading the side with 12 assists in 26 games.

Nice, i went with a 4-2-3-1, Zarate is now a 4 and a half star player(slightly overrated lol).

I think Zárate is pretty overrated at the moment. Absolutely no complaints from me though :brock:

I've got 4231 as backup tactic, but found I was leaking goals regularly. And I don't really have the players I want yet.

My 4-2-3-1 is just a slightly tweaked version of the one i used in FM14.

I'm just hoping it stands up to Second Season Syndrome :p

Archived