FM15: West Ham United - Moving the Academy to Stratford

Gandy

]SNIP[

Made a massive signing for next season :cool:

]SNIP[

160K p/w and 4 years contract and costed me a mere 1.3M :D I felt we need to bring in experience striker and Zlatan fits in that, felt we lost that power since Lukas left.

I know he's 36 and will be on big wage but doesn't bother me as we're like 1M under our wage budget. Hopefully will tutor the youngsters as well.

Zlatan looks like an exciting signing for West Ham. Hopefully he can perform for you :brock:

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

735.png

March 2018

b8CvrHz.png

Meh, awful month which saw us go out in two competitions.

We didn't take our chances against Wolfsburg. They scored from tap in and they got the winning goal which came from Živković's long range shot on 33rd minutes which saw us go out on away goals. Disappointed to see us go out even we has 2 goals lead :(

We bounced back with a 2-0 win over West Brom. We found it diffcult to break them down even they went down to 10 man on 39th minutes with Olsson getting sent off for two footed tackle which West Brom players said it was harsh apparently :| We found the break through with an own goal from their keeper, Tim Connolly(regen), parried Aurtenetxe's cross into his own net. Honda put the game to bed on 72nd minutes, scoring free kick from 25 yards out.

Jesus ****ing christ. Horrible result against Spurs :( We conceded 5 goals from corner (adding Vida and Aurtenetxe own goal ffs) and a dip shot from Kane. Team was ****ing ****. Glad to see us out tbh.

Again, we bounced back with a smashing win over Watford :cool: With Neves, running the show. Scored a penalty in added time in half time after Clemente was tripped up which Neves converted to give us the lead. Clemente got us our 2nd goal on 73rd minutes after Neves's shot was parried by their keeper which Clemente tapped in.

Disappointed not to beat Leicester :( We came back twice to level. But hey ho.

Barclays Premier League table

qTDMAF6.png

Will be tough now to keep Arsenal and Man City under pressure after draw against Leicester.

Rubbish result against Tottenham, were they both full-strength sides?

Great work basically guaranteeing yourself sixth (and hopefully higher).

Yes, we both field our strongest XI out. Disappointed as it was like corner... GOAL. Even we was 3-3 at half time (coming back from 3-1 down) 2nd half was a shocker.

Hopefully we can finish higher than 6th.

The seven point cushion between yourself and Everton would be welcome, you can attack in games you wouldn't normally.

Well every games, I go with attacking mentality. Or is that a bad thing? :D

I normally only use standard when I play teams that I consider my equal, or I want to see how my players go after a bad performance.

Can't find your tactics anywhere, but I'd probably try using a counter-attacking mentality (assuming you have pacey wingers).

I normally only use standard when I play teams that I consider my equal, or I want to see how my players go after a bad performance.

Can't find your tactics anywhere, but I'd probably try using a counter-attacking mentality (assuming you have pacey wingers).

I mostly use 4-4-1-1 which I have been using this season and last season which seems to be successful for me at least :D

Sometimes I do use 4-2-3-1 if I feel other team are weak in defence.

Definitely successful at the moment, sounds a bit like the 2013/14 Liverpool approach of 'score more goals than the opposition, don't worry about defending' :cool:

Looks like it :D But it's worrying we're leaking goals from everywhere when I got Vida/Tah/Mirin/Tomkins in defence. Vida and Tah are my number 1 defence partnership.

It looks like it's your full-backs who aren't closing down the wings properly.

That on top of your centre-backs not being able to deal with the crosses or play into the box.

I just set close down more on FB instructions, hopefully that will sort it. That is also worrying me as sometimes it pops up saying Vida or Tah miss heading the ball and bang GOAL. :( Both on CD - defend. Might switch one to Cover or stopper, any advice Gandy?

I just leave them as central defenders with a defend duty too, Terry and Zouma are a bit better than Vida and Tah though.

Normally I play with attacking full-backs though, so my shape would be different from yours.

Setting them up to close down a bit more would probably help, restricting the oppositions space to work with.

Not doing too badly there, such a shame injuries are stacking up :(

Have since dropped to 12th, cup runs in the Euro Cup and FA Cup aren't helping with league form though. February 2016, just played four games in seven days. Two Euro Cup 1st Knockout Round game v Dynamo Kyiv, won 1st leg away 1-0, was 2-0 up in he 2nd leg until Kyiv put the tie level 3-3 on aggregate, Sakho popped up with an 88th minute winner. The other two games were a 1-0 London derby league defeat against Arsenal and a FA Cup 5th round replay win versus Nottm Forest.

On the injury front add on Mark Noble out for 7 weeks (Knee) and Dan Potts (hamstring 1 month.

Diafra Sakho has been fantastic for me, 2015/15 he scored 15 league goals in 29 games, so far 2015/16 he's bagged 16 in the league and 6 in europe.

735.png

April 2018

u588dsL.png

Started the month with a 2-0 win over Stoke. Thomsen got us in front with a strike from 20 yards out. Brought on Sigurðsson at half time as Noble was on yellow card so I swap position with Honda and Sigurðsson which Honda moved to MC and Sigurðsson to AMC. And scored his first goal since coming back from injury with a free kick \o/ We definitely have missed him even Honda did perform well in his absence.

Another win on the bounce with 2-1 win against Norwich. Clemente got us in front on 32nd minutes with an header from Fischer's cross. Norwich's Vargas equalised on half time with a strike from 16 meters. We got a penalty on 58th minutes after Clemente was fouled in the box which Neves smashed it to give us the win.

Disappointing performance against Chelsea which they scored on 13th and 15th minutes :( Their first goal came from Sami Khedira smashing in from outside the box after poor heading clearance from Tah. Second goal was from mistake from Neves which let Willian score their second.

We bounced back from Chelsea loss with a tough match which saw us come away with a 1-0 win against Newcastle. Our defence was in good form as Newcastle kept attacking at us especially they got Ayoze and Lavezzi up front. Thomsen got us the winning goal on 83rd minutes as he smashed his shot into top corner.

Another away game on the trot. Spurs came behind to beat us 4-1 :( Big difference was facing world class keeper, Lloris and a **** keeper, Leali. Lloris was in good form against us.

We took the lead on 10th minutes through Clemente striking inside the box. Spurs's Dembélé scored a dip to level the score for Spurs. We went behind, 9 minutes later after somehow Leali decided to tip Sergio Canales's cross into own net ffs. 2 minutes later Yura Movsisyan getting their 3rd goal.

Went ballistic at the team at half time and seems to fired them up but we was ***** in second half. Dembélé got his second goal with a tap in after Lennon's sliced Lamela's cross to his direction to score. Lennon ended up having rating of 4.4 at full time. Told him he was pathetic and then says he's confused. WHAT.

XdfH4IS.png

Can't see us in the race for 4th now.

What a joke!!!

Get to the FA Cup Final versus Arsenal date originally scheduled for 28th May, Arsenal want the game moved because of international call ups. Game gets moved to Wednesday 8th June and I've got Victor Valdes away with Spain in the Euro's, Enner Valencia away with Ecuador playing Copa America qualifiers and Diafra Sakho (Premier League top scorer 2015/16 24 goals, 31 goals all cops) away on international duty.

WestHamvArsenal_HomeTeamSelectionOverview_zps1a6400a5.png

Arsenal still have Szczesny, Mertesacker, Gibbs, Ozil, Khedira, Ramsey, Cazorla and Walcott available.

Not happy!!!

That isn't good :( When I got the takeover approach, they was also looking at David Moyes to replace me.

Fortunately the consortium pulled out.

I'm currently under embargo again while another take attempt is going ahead, Gold has now retired and Sullivan is giving the consortium the hurry up otherwise so I can make signings when the window opens.

Gutted to see you lost the FA Cup Final in injury time :( Not bad season overall, you will get Europa League spot due to being runners up in FA Cup.

For some reason I'm not in Europe.

Anyway been taken over by a consortium, not massive amounts to spend but enough to reinforce. As you'll know moved to the 54,000 all seater Olympic Stadium, attendance of 43,707 for opening game of the season against Crystal Palace. Training and youth facilities also being up graded.

2016-17 Transfers

In

Ibrahim Konan (Gk) - AFAD Djekanou - Free

Juanmi (ST) - Malaga - £5m

Dimitri Foulquier (DR) - Granada - £2.6m

Denis Cheryshev (AML) - Real Madrid - Season loan

Tom Cleverley - Free

Jose Enrique - Liverpool - Season loan

Out

Tyler Blackett - £4.4m - West Brom

Andy Carroll - £5.75m - Aston Villa

Dan Potts - 375k - Brentford

Joey O'Brien - 650k - Burnley

Matt Jarvis - £1m - Crystal Palace

The injury problems are really p***ing me off now!!!

Mark Noble - double hernia - 2 months (back in training in 11 days)

Enner Valencia - broken foot - 4 months (in pre-season friendly)

Stewart Downing - torn hamstring - 3 months (opening day)

First game of the season drew 2-2 against Crystal Palace at home, Juanmi scored both but had to go off injured, Dwight Gayle (ex of my hometown team) equalised in the 88th minute.

Need to find a good way to shut up shop and kill games off.

735.png

May 2018 / End of season review

42RrBBd.png

So close but I'm glad it went down to last game of the season for 4th.

We kicked off with a superb 1-0 win over Man Utd. Fischer got us the only goal as he took advantage of Phil Jones's mistake to smash it in to give us the win. As we beat them, we handed Chelsea the title with a game to spare.

It went down to the last game of the season for 4th. Arsenal was at home to Hull and Liverpool home to Wigan and Man City was at home to Norwich. Realistic I need them to lose :D

Fantastic performance from the team against Everton. Especially Honda ran the show with 3 assists and MOTM.

Fischer put us in front after running onto Honda's pass to score. Tah doubled our lead on 16th minutes with a close range header from Honda's corner kick. Brought on KJH at half time which saw him getting our third goal which Honda set him up to smash it into top corner. Everton pulled one back on 86th minutes with Barkley scoring a free kick from 20 yards.

After full time, I went to see other teams result which confirmed us finished 6th. Arsenal thrashed Hull, 5-0. Liverpool also thrashed Wigan, 6-0. And Man City won 3-1, thanks to Augero's hat trick.

I feel our draw against Swansea at home and Leicester away has cost us in the end :(

2bXvikM.png

Southampton got relegated on last day of the season, they needed to beat Chelsea, away to stay up but they lost 2-0. I'm sad cos I actually applied for Southampton job when they sacked their manager, but went for Paul Lambert in the end..

Players stats

L0bo1DO.png

cH0WrMQ.png

How are your full-backs holding up john1?

edit: a sixth place finish is still pretty good. Push for top four next season.

They actually did well since I made the changes :D

Pretty happy we finished 6th and hopefully we can do better next season.

For some reason I'm not in Europe.

Anyway been taken over by a consortium, not massive amounts to spend but enough to reinforce. As you'll know moved to the 54,000 all seater Olympic Stadium, attendance of 43,707 for opening game of the season against Crystal Palace. Training and youth facilities also being up graded.

2016-17 Transfers

In

Ibrahim Konan (Gk) - AFAD Djekanou - Free

Juanmi (ST) - Malaga - £5m

Dimitri Foulquier (DR) - Granada - £2.6m

Denis Cheryshev (AML) - Real Madrid - Season loan

Tom Cleverley - Free

Jose Enrique - Liverpool - Season loan

Out

Tyler Blackett - £4.4m - West Brom

Andy Carroll - £5.75m - Aston Villa

Dan Potts - 375k - Brentford

Joey O'Brien - 650k - Burnley

Matt Jarvis - £1m - Crystal Palace

The injury problems are really p***ing me off now!!!

Mark Noble - double hernia - 2 months (back in training in 11 days)

Enner Valencia - broken foot - 4 months (in pre-season friendly)

Stewart Downing - torn hamstring - 3 months (opening day)

First game of the season drew 2-2 against Crystal Palace at home, Juanmi scored both but had to go off injured, Dwight Gayle (ex of my hometown team) equalised in the 88th minute.

Need to find a good way to shut up shop and kill games off.

That's strange cos I got in Europe after I lost in FA Cup final :confused:

Good transfers you have brought in :cool:

735.png

May 2018 / End of season review

42RrBBd.png

So close but I'm glad it went down to last game of the season for 4th.

We kicked off with a superb 1-0 win over Man Utd. Fischer got us the only goal as he took advantage of Phil Jones's mistake to smash it in to give us the win. As we beat them, we handed Chelsea the title with a game to spare.

It went down to the last game of the season for 4th. Arsenal was at home to Hull and Liverpool home to Wigan and Man City was at home to Norwich. Realistic I need them to lose :D

Fantastic performance from the team against Everton. Especially Honda ran the show with 3 assists and MOTM.

Fischer put us in front after running onto Honda's pass to score. Tah doubled our lead on 16th minutes with a close range header from Honda's corner kick. Brought on KJH at half time which saw him getting our third goal which Honda set him up to smash it into top corner. Everton pulled one back on 86th minutes with Barkley scoring a free kick from 20 yards.

After full time, I went to see other teams result which confirmed us finished 6th. Arsenal thrashed Hull, 5-0. Liverpool also thrashed Wigan, 6-0. And Man City won 3-1, thanks to Augero's hat trick.

I feel our draw against Swansea at home and Leicester away has cost us in the end :(

2bXvikM.png

Southampton got relegated on last day of the season, they needed to beat Chelsea, away to stay up but they lost 2-0. I'm sad cos I actually applied for Southampton job when they sacked their manager, but went for Paul Lambert in the end..

Players stats

L0bo1DO.png

cH0WrMQ.png

They actually did well since I made the changes :D

Pretty happy we finished 6th and hopefully we can do better next season.

I notice you have a player called Rhys Tucker in your squad, where did he come from?

I only ask as one of my sons is called Rhys Tucker he plays rugby though.

Just finished my first season with West Ham, and what a season. We won the league and finished on 82 points, a point before Man Utd. Was knocked up early in the cup´s. The key to my success was a solid defense, only conceded 34 goals in the league. Adrian won the Golden Glove, with 21 clean sheets. Only made to signings in Martin Odegaard and Sergio Roberto.

One month before the season ended, the board gave me a budget for the summer on £ 3.28 m. Made changes in the wage budget, that gave me £19 m to use on transfers.

In:

Kieran Trippier (Burnley) - £5.25 m

Nicola Leali (Juventus) - Free

John Guidetti (Manchester City) - Free

Eder Alvarez Balanta (River Plate) - £6.5 m

Matias Kranevitter (River Plate) - £5.5 m

Memphis Depay (PSV Eindhoven) - £12.5 m

Alessio Romagnoli (Roma) - Loan

Mauro Icardi (Inter Milan) - £5 m

Out:

Mauro Zarate (Napoli) - £20m

Diafro Sakho (Marseille) - £8 m

Carlton Cole, Kevin Nolan, James Collins, Modibo Maiga was released from the club.

Just finished my first season with West Ham, and what a season. We won the league and finished on 82 points, a point before Man Utd. Was knocked up early in the cup´s. The key to my success was a solid defense, only conceded 34 goals in the league. Adrian won the Golden Glove, with 21 clean sheets.

Only made to signings in Martin Odegaard and Sergio Roberto. One month before the season ended, the board gave me a budget for the summer on £ 3.28 m. Really disappointed, need to sell some players for big value to get some new faces in.

That's amazing :eek: What formation did you play?

What is everyone's take on the in match team talks?

I'm struggling with them, for example if we score I'll give the shout 'concentrate', a lot of the time we still concede instantly. The only one that seems to work, obviously not all the time, is assertive - demand more. I use that shout when I go a goal down.

Having a poor start to the 2016/17 season, the current phillosiphy seems to be if we score 3 we'll let in 4,so are trying to tinker about and tighten up the defence. Think'll also drop using in game talks as I feel the team gets confused.

Defensive changes I'm trying are by changing the full backs from FBL(A) FBR(S) to both full backs on support, use the player instructions of Close Down Less and Mark Tighter for them. I'll keep the CD's (D) as they are, but employ a DM(S) in front of them and change him for an Anchor Man against the likes of Chelsea, Man Utd. Team instructions I'm gonna use Drop Deeper, Stick To Positions, Use Tighter Marking, Be More Disciplined with a standard mentality and structured team shape.

Archived