FM15: Newcastle United F.C. - Sack Pardew.com

col_nufc1

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Stu_UBJ

Unlucky to lose your main goalscorer just 8 minutes into the final there, good season though.

Just made our first appearance in the Champion's League on my save and managed to grab a late 3-2 win over AC Milan, but they've kicked absolute lumps out of us in the process. Janmaat off injured, Cabella, Dockal and Anita all finished the game on about 50% condition due to knocks.

@DandyDon yeah, made a massive difference, as Ferreyra has been scoring for fun.

Awesome CL run mate, especially considering the relatively tough group. Too bad you fell a bit short of a CL spot, but that could give you an edge towards next season's BPL run, since EL is a much easier competition up to the quarter/semis. Also the group stage and the second legs are a fantastic chance to give competitive experience to some youngsters.

In my renewed save I'm struggling a bit, but the bigger teams are getting a hard time from me. I'm using a 4141 with defensive mentality, but wide players on attack duty and it's working so far. I lost vs. ManU 0-2 but it was a close game, we had pretty similar amount of shots, sot's, ccc and half chances, but they nailed 2 goals and deserved the victory. Only CFC gave me a thorough beating.

1d364073c6df277a7ec8b4236987451d.png

2f6c953579061222be8f7181314a9afa.png

e16412c08dbc5a0ce20b4cdbc2bc9732.png

Stats:

ebd05ac2f32e9a6eef5c4d586c834bed.png

1b138a7940638aa5d810dda8eed77591.png

Transfers:

da873e688ac62225219c218ca62876aa.png

Cabral's actual price was about 9M due to agent ownership. I was hesitant wether to sign him or Campagnaro, as I needed a CB, and an Argentinian to make Coloccini happy. Looks like I made the right choice. (Campagnaro is 34, and was asking for 4M/yr, so It would have cost me 1M transfer + salary, otoh Cabral is on 1.2M/yr). I couldn't sign Kranevitter as I ran out of funds, but I will get him in the summer window.

13 games to go, we are 10pts off the 5th place and I hope we can do something in the FA cup.

Btw... my best performer, in 2 saves in a row, is Obertan hands down. His attributes are **** poor, but for some reason he runs the show as RM/winger/a both in 442 and 4141. He scores, assists, and runs riot down the right wing.

@brussels Hopefully signing more Argentinians works for you in keeping Coloccini happy.

I signed Lucas Romero and Gino Peruzzi in the first transfer window and Colo was happily without any noise till right after the second transfer window closed, he went crazy even though he went on leave once to Argentina. He refused to talk to me after complaining to the whole world and entire my team morale plummeted. Everybody went from superb to poor and Mike Ashley threatened to fire me if the situation didn't improved.

@snowbucks1981 I had a similar mutiny in my first save/second season, but Coloccini gave me hell during the first season, in fact I left him out of the squad for the second half of the first season.

This new save I had to buy 2 argentinians in 2 different windows, and I guess he'll complain again before the end of the season. But Cabral is doing great, and I hope Boilesen adapts soon enough. Taylor for some reason has a bad game every now and then and I've lost confidence in him.

When you have a mutiny like that idk what is best, since early in the save your reputation is relatively low. The thing I didn't try is leaving the whiners out of the squad and have in the team only players that had good morale, even if that meant playing youngsters. Maybe that would have worked.

Best of luck, I hope you manage to rescue the team, I was not able unfortunately.

Newcastle United 6th Season Review

Pv3KcR8.pngNuB3uB2.png

Well this season was so weird, we started really well and pumped Chelsea very early on. However I think the impact of a new GK this season didn't help even though he's fantastic, he conceded around 60 goals this season just in the league. With Tim Krul we only conceded around 30-40 last season, I'm sure he'll improve a massive amount like David De Gea did at Man United.

Finishing 5th was great especially after sitting 9th after 32 games, also getting took over I was expecting the sack if I didn't atleast get into Europe. I want to win the Europa League now next season at the 3rd attempted. I still haven't won a trophy yet, coming runners up 5 times in competitions is very annoying especially with the players we have now.

oWaMi2R.png

U24rk2y.pngzMXGxNC.pngg6zHYRs.png

Well I can't praise Ayoze and Vadala enough, even though I've changed my formation to the 4-3-1-2 Ayoze played at striker and scored the same amount at RW last year. Also he had games where he couldn't hit a barn door with a banjo, however the games that he did score they were 2's and 3's.

Vadala was mainly bought as a STR, however sitting in CAM as a shadow striker. I can't actually understand how good he is, he's still 23 and breaking assist and goal records for fun (FA Cup etc) - I've had bids around £70m for him from Man United and Juventus, although I want him as a main player for years to come.

Iqz2d7I.pngEiXzJSc.pnga3frolH.png

m4dhbhh.png

My U21's done the thing I couldn't by winning the UEFA Youth League, one of the young players I have but really has no future bagged a hat full in this tournament. He just seems to be at his level already unfortunately, unless he bucks himself up in the future.

@brussels Nope. I tried team meetings, letting Colo leave again and even winning Capital cup on penalties but the team morale still stays the same as all poor. Now Ferraya is extremely unhappy and kept complaining to the rest of the teammates and refused to speak to the captain. He was my top score before it happened and now he went on a scoreless spree of 10 games..:applause:

@brussels Nope. I tried team meetings, letting Colo leave again and even winning Capital cup on penalties but the team morale still stays the same as all poor. Now Ferraya is extremely unhappy and kept complaining to the rest of the teammates and refused to speak to the captain. He was my top score before it happened and now he went on a scoreless spree of 10 games..:applause:

Gratz on the cup win, and when you have a striker doing the crybaby thing leave him out. He's not gonna score. If he's not gonna score you might as well play a youngster.

In previous versions when you let someone rotten in the reserves they'd usually come back and beg forgiveness, I haven't tried in this version yet.

Or else you can try to use an editor and fix it, if you consider it's a "bug".

@Dodds those U21 are promising indeed, keep it up. Best of luck for the new season!

I was also called to the chairman office in my first save... being 8th, 5pts away from the 5th.

14-15 SEASON REVIEW

9fee2837e1b37921650368fefafb117a.png

5th... and very close to finishing 4th. We had an amazing late run. No slumps, chokes or meltdowns, I was very happy. It was also crucial to end 5th because WBA won the C.1.C. and the FA cup final was Arsenal vs. Chelsea.

bd41e18023cf4cd88e3d4736515ebbd6.png

very poor cup run

45a0c7e1943b4d3538155dfc6a2fee0d.png

84c8ec7e9616213b82cfb777cc3ed6dd.png

ace63bf6875f8b0565acb16e9f29ac4c.png

Player stats

3ccbfada1df272af0d03103a2caa3d98.png

422aa6573125fec194eceaf691a3fbc6.png

the ratings of the def. midfielders are pretty low. Either the rating system has changed slightly or I'm not playing them properly.

The striker department is an area of worry. I think we have more woodwork hits than goals.

Overall... I'm delighted we managed a top 5 finish, and getting so close to CL. Also the squad is fantastic, we are probably in good shape for next season.

Another positive... some of the players out on loan performed well, some could be ready to cover next season.

f636faf761f2d7c8c9a5f7d63b09387a.png

The negatives... the strikers weren't clinical enough, and I don't know how to fix it. I don't think it's a tactical thing, since we create enough chances every game (3-5ccc's, plus another 3-5 half chances).

Have to get rid of a couple of older backup players that I don't really trust, and promote some youngsters. Since I have 2 CBs probably coming back from loan, I only need to sign a striker. If possible I will try to sign Ferreyra, plus a target man. If a decent box-to-box midfielder becomes available I may also sign him. Depends on how many players leave and the transfer budget.

Ayoze will have to learn to play ML or MR to have game time, I will not play 2 strikers next season. I'm hesitating wether to loan him out for 1 season. Any suggestions? (appreciated, thanks).

@Brussels

Ferreyra seems to be doing pretty well for you, 16 goals from 20(9) appearances is a decent return. Much better than he managed for me anyway. And Obertan's record is amazing....he never looked like managing anything like that for me, congrats :thup:

If you're looking for a box-to-box midfielder might be worth taking a look at Pedro Obieng at Sampdoria. I haven't looked too closely at him on FM15 but he seems to still be pretty similar to FM14 and might be well within your budget even if he's not transfer listed. I can see some of the guys on here have had a lot of success playing Ayoze at AMR so might be worth developing him to play there.

I'm at work at the moment so can't really post a proper update of my game, but I signed mostly youngsters in the summer, but picked up a couple wise old heads to help develop the youth. Grabbed Michael Carrick on a freebie after he was released by Man Utd and then spent 1.8 mill to secure David Villa from the MLS. Don't really see Villa lasting more than 18 months, but I'm hoping he'll provide some invaluable tutoring for Dybala, Armstrong and Ayoze.

Hey DD

yeah Ferreyra did ok, all things considered (including 2x 2weeks injuries in october and end of january that made him loose his spot).

Obertan... with those attributes I wouldn't touch him with a bargepole to be honest. I'm still surprised I didn't sell him straightaway in my first save.

He's amazing as MR in 442 and 4141, and also as AMR in 433.

If I had at least 1 striker with aerial ability he'd have bagged quite a few more assists.

There seems to be a magical combination of pace, flair, off the ball and first touch, because he doesn't have anything else.

Even in defense he works reasonably well despite of the obvious lack of mental and defensive attributes.

e8233443e62e8ba759c10faace136fe0.png

2b575d4701c3d95a04e5bf3c14725f46.png

99b30ea3949bff3a886b80346cde4704.png

He played most league games, it'd be easy to detect if he was slacking in defense.

Summary of Obertan's stats

66945fe934e3ff8d7abda2dd66eb7650.png

Team's goals/90m

Obertan averages 1 goal every 3 games, he's my #4 goalscorer/90m and he plays MR most of the time.

193ab58751c5ad35650f7fe37a37cc43.png

Mid-Season Review 2016-2017

Halfway through the third season....

ehUpKh5.png

A few added to the squad. Orlando Júlio looks to have some real potential, and is a snip at just £1.5m. Matiás Kranevitter will add some proper competition to the midfield, and also with some room to improve as a player. Siyanda Xulu will give excellent cover to the central defence, and will be an imposing figure. Raymond Héron, Patrice Dubios both signed from France as potential stars of the future. Miguel Mesa joined in January and will hopefully grow to be a superb frontman. If not, I can develop and the look forward to a nice profit on his sale.

Quite a long list of players leaving. Jack Colback, Fabiricio Coloccini, Yoann Gouffran, Gael Bigirimana Paul Dummett, Mehdi Abeid and Jak Alnwick were all sold to make way for our new players, and generated some nice funds in the process.

JtYaRfa.png

Good pre-season, Slightly disappointed with the loss to Oldham, but plenty of players showing promise for the upcoming season.

bI7IbwW.png

A good start to the season. Huge low point was the 7-2 demolition by Manchester United, we just failed to get going, and they took all of their chances. The other defeats were all disappointing, as they all should have been wins, but the players just failed to convert gilt-edge chances in those matches. Other than that, a solid start, and we look very dangerous going forward.

T0ns9Cj.png

So we sit 3rd, our best position at this point of the season. Whilst we are 8 points behind the leaders, the gap has been cut down slightly, and 2nd spot is very much up for grabs, providing we can keep form. Third top scorers, and a much sturdier defence than previous seasons, we are most certainly improving as a team. The bad show against Man U really shot our goal difference, otherwise we would have looked much better in that area.

dG9VyK7.png

For once, doing well in the cup!! Despite sticking to the younger lads for this tournament, we have pushed forward with style. Luka Jovic is looking a real talent, scoring plenty of goals so far. We face Everton in the semi final, with a potential final date with Reading or Liverpool.

AmYFIM4.png

Great start to the Europa League campaign. Again, I try to give games to the other players in the squad, and have been rewarded with a knockout round appearance.

qZYaQUr.png

So, we qualify as group winners, which I hoped would set us up with a decent draw, which it did....

5dADxDo.png

OGNTTfQ.png

Some great performances so far. Great to see the younger lads getting involved in games. Ayozé and Jovic both chipping in with goals, whilst Ferreyra leads the way(again). Ayozé, Dockal and Cabella providing the bulk of assists.

@Stu_UBJ

I see you managed to keep hold of Ben Arfa then.....first thing I did on my save was give him a new contract so he'd still be a Newcastle player when his loan finished. First thing he did when he returned was to march in and demand a move saying he'd outgrown the club.

Oh well....have fun at West Ham Hatem

@DandyDon yes, he stayed. Wasn't happy as he had to force his way past Dockal in the first 6 months. Did that when Dockal got injured, and played so well I couldn't drop him. Was looking to sell him also, but no offers came in so I kept hold of him. Seems that worked out well :D

Hey Stu, keep it up mate. Let's see if you can get somewhere in EL. I have always found it reasonably easy to reach the quarter final in previous FM versions.

On my end... 15M transfer fee + 4+3 for the player and his greedy agent, plus 4,5M€/yr wage. I hope I didn't make an expensive mistake signing Ayew.

I'm still hesitant wether to sign Cleverley on a free. He is a bit too demanding with his wages, and I have my doubts wether he will make an impact.

I have a medium database with most European leagues, but unfortunately I don't seem to have Pedro Obiang. I'm pretty sure either in 13 or 14 I tried to sign him but failed to do so.

@brussels

Probably better off giving Cleverly a miss if his wage demands are real hefty. He has some good attributes, but nothing I'd break the bank for. He's actually popped up at Liverpool of all places after his release on my save.

I'm assuming that's Andre Ayew you've signed there....if he plays anything like he did on FM14 you won't regret it :thup:

@brussels I had Ayew on my Euro Pentagon save last FM, and he was brilliant, even at 32/33. Bit expensive, but should be a good player for you.

Had a tricky tie with Besiktas in teh following round, really cut it close, as they have three Turkish lads that have since been shortlisted :D There is a chance that Everton and Derby could be relegated this season, both in the relegation zone, so have earmarked Ryan Ledson, Ross Barkley, Will Hughes and a couple of others as potential targets. Also may look at Danny Ings, who re-signed for newly-promoted(and rock bottom) Bournemouth.

@Stu_UBJ

Sounds like Everton have done well to hang on to Barkley into the third season....guess the sharks will definitely be circling should they go down though :D I managed to get him on FM14 as the AI wasn't playing him for some reason and he was brilliant. If they do go down hopefully you can snap him up before any of the other usual suspects start flashing their cash around.

Seems I will have to finish the season the hard way. Both creative midfielders Wilfrid Kaptoum and Roberto Pereyra out for 3 months. Will have to rely upon two of Sissoko, Anita, Kranevitter or Tioté. 6 games in PL, plus Europa League to contest with....have to dig in or hope someone can fill the creative void which I have relied upon this season.

Just a little peek at what is happening......With 36 games gone, just two remain. Three teams fighting for the Premier League title. Last seasons champions Liverpool have fallen out of the race after a recent bad run of form.

2eacb66737e359d5ba6799420ce255d4.png

Tense at the top. Three teams separated by three points. Newcastle face Spurs at home, ending with a trip to QPR. Chelsea face Reading at home before travelling to Stoke. Manchester United will battle with relegation troubled Derby before they face Swansea in South Wales. With all three teams verycapable of picking up maximum points, will one of them slip up, and hand the title to the other? Goal Difference is very close, but if it goes down to Goals Scored, Newcastle and Chelsea look likely to have the title fight between them with United trailing by 13 goals currently

nufccrestpack.jpg

Newcastle United End Of Season 2018/19 Season Review.

We smashed our transfer record to bring in German International Leon Goretzka from Schalke for a massive £55m, he was ok but I expect a lot better from him next year to justify the huge amount it cost us to sign him. Somália was our best signing this year and the wing back has ousted Davide Santon as our first choice right wing back. He did upset me during the season when he rejected my offer as the Brazilian manager and chose to play his football for Spain instead and thus turning his back on the nation he was born.

We went one better than last year and finished the season as champions again but this time we finished the season unbeaten. It was also nice finishing the season with over 100 points and goals scored, whilst also still keeping the best defensive record in the Premier League.

The big shock of the season was Manchester City and Arsenal both failing to secure European football for next season and Everton luckily managing to stay up on the last day of the season.

Sunderland got relegated from the Championship this season also :lol:.

PremierLeaguetableendofseason5.jpg

In The Cups

Capital One cup final, Newcastle United 4-1 Manchester United.

FA cup 3rd round, Leeds United 1-0 Newcastle United.

Champions League final, Barcelona 2-4 Newcastle United

The Squad

Squadendofseason5.jpg

The Future

I am expecting a good few of the youngsters to step up to the first team squad next season and that'll mean that I'll be willing to listen to offers for the likes of Josh Murphy, Isco, Daryl Janmaat, Will Hughes and quite a few more. I'll also have a fight on my hands trying to keep our two star strikers Romelu Lukaku and Gabriel Barbosa who are both wanted by the elite of the football world.

EDIT: We are also now under a transfer embargo as the club is under the process of a board takeover by a consortium for the second time this season (the first one failed). That'll mean that my transfer targets will probably be picked up by some other clubs now :mad:.

End of Season Season Review 2016-2017

So, the third season is over....

HStXsov.png

Another great set of results. Again, no issue with finding the net. Defeats to Hull and Reading should have been better results, but thumping Liverpool(5-1) more than made up for that!

biJNAbn.png

CHAMPIONS!! We won it in the final game on Goal Difference. Incredible season finale, and we end the season at the summit. Just pipped to the highest scoring team by Chelsea. Defence was much much better, being the 4th best in the league.

18Jvcct.png

So, we win the Capital One Cup, but lose out in the FA Cup, all in the same week! Great to get a trophy as always.

QoJBJiF.png

And the treble! A great run in the Europa League, reaching our second European Final in a row. We sneak the victory in the final on penalties, a close game that was end-to-end.

yZVYWVk.png

Some marvellous performances this season, as you can expect from a side that won the treble! 5 players with over 10 goals, with with 10 or more assists. All but six players failed to score this season, and the same amount failed to register an assist also.

Jamaal Lascelles - Ayozé - Facundo Ferreyra

It turned out to be Lascelles breakout season. After being behind Coloccini for much of last season, the sale of the Argentine was the big opportunity for the youngster, who became an integral part of the defence, and was outstanding throughout. Ayozé had a breakthrough season also, becoming a fulcrum for the attacks, scoring and assisting very well. Finally, Ferreyra was unstoppable(again), with a total of 53 goals this season, along with a good 10 assists.

--

With Everton and Derby relegated, three of my targets for the upcoming transfer window become available. Ross Barkley and Ryan Ledson from Everton, whilst Will hguhes(along with two youngsters) are now in my crosshairs. There may be a few players on their way out as I try to find areas to improve, but I stand by "if it ain't broke, don't fix it", so hopefully much of the side will stay the same.

Currently about to scream/kick computer. Decided to clean up save game file, due to the fact I have been testing some DBs for friends. So, deleted quite a few save files, and managed to include my save in there too. Currently running recovery software, hoping I can find it....

:mad:

Currently about to scream/kick computer. Decided to clean up save game file, due to the fact I have been testing some DBs for friends. So, deleted quite a few save files, and managed to include my save in there too. Currently running recovery software, hoping I can find it....

:mad:

Ouch :eek:

Fingers crossed you can recover it.

nufccrestpack.jpg

Newcastle United Season 2019/20 Pre Season Review.

The board takeover finally went through and he agreed to build us a new stadium but the council blocked the planning permision :(. The board also want us to at least get to the final of the Champions League and pretty much win everything else, a bit unrealistic in my opinion.

Consortiumcompletestakeoverstartofseason6.jpg

Councilblocksnewstadiumstartofseason6.jpg

Seasonexpectationsatthestartofseason6.jpg

Transfers

CashClausedtransfersendoffirsttransferwindowseason6.jpg

Loandealsendoffirsttransferwindowseason6.jpg

I signed a lot of players for the future and bought in one or two first team players this season, we also sold quite a few squad players and some players left after I got offers I couldn't really refuse that I hadn't planned to sell. The agents in Brazil will be loving me with the amount of cash I threw there way after quite a few of these players were had a percentage of them owned by the agents.

Ruben Neves - Will go straight into the first team squad and hopefully he will turn into a key player.

Víctor Esau Escudero - He will play in the U21's this season but will probably play in cup games.

Jerónimo Rulli - My new number one goalkeeper after I sold both Tim Krul and Bernd Leno this season, hopefully he will justify his huge transfer fee.

Cuca - He will play in the U21's this season but will probably play in cup games.

Daniel Olguín - Has been loaned out to Saint Étienne.

Alessandro - He will play in the U21's this season but will probably play in cup games.

Kléber Bastos - Has been loaned out to Real Betis.

Jean-Paul Keller - He will play in the U18's this season

Neco - He will play in the U21's this season but will probably play in cup games and a few Premier League games.

Juan Bernat - He will be my first choice left wing back.

José Welison - He will be back up to Somália for the right wing back spot.

Started save from beginning. Using a little db file that has upgraded PA of a few youngsters in game(reflecting their true potential hopefully), including Aarons and Armstrong from the Toon. Tried to go for some other players this time, but the search for a RW was not so fruitful, so had to go with Dockal again. Also got Adama Traoré on loan to buy(£2.5m future fee), which is a steal if he turns out as he did in my Chievo save.

Anyone got suggestions for DC first season? Missed out on young Jesus Vallejo.

@col_nufc1 save going superbly. Ruben Neves is the most valuable player in my other save, so a good signing there if he performs. Rulli is also amongst top Gks in that save, so great signing there, although not sure about the hefty fee.

Started save from beginning. Using a little db file that has upgraded PA of a few youngsters in game(reflecting their true potential hopefully), including Aarons and Armstrong from the Toon. Tried to go for some other players this time, but the search for a RW was not so fruitful, so had to go with Dockal again. Also got Adama Traoré on loan to buy(£2.5m future fee), which is a steal if he turns out as he did in my Chievo save.

Anyone got suggestions for DC first season? Missed out on young Jesus Vallejo.

@col_nufc1 save going superbly. Ruben Neves is the most valuable player in my other save, so a good signing there if he performs. Rulli is also amongst top Gks in that save, so great signing there, although not sure about the hefty fee.

Ruben Neves looks like he is going to be a special player in a few years time but at the moment he has to try and oust Gastón Gil Romero my Regista or Leon Goretzka my Box to Box midfielder. As for Jerónimo Rulli, I needed a World class keeper as Tim Krul was in decline and Bernd Leno who I also sold never really performed well for me.

It'll be interesting to see how Rolando Aarons, Adam Armstrong and Ayoze Pérez turn out on your new save because they have been massively underrated on the default database, well maybe not Ayoze Pérez.

What about Éder Álvarez Balanta for a central defender, he turns out to be World Class and can be signed for around £5m in the first season. Barring Balanta, Ryan Shawcross, Jonathan Tah or Chris Smalling.

@col_nufc1 I bidded for Balanta, they wouldn't settle for less than £6.5m(more than I wanted to pay). Shawcross injury for 4 months. Tah is out on loan, whilst Smalling was again too expensive. Signed Erik Sviachenko, hopefully will do a job for now.

Just finished the pre-season for my fourth season

Transfers In (First Team):

Pavel Savitskiy - 8.5m (Sold him last season to Man City for 24.5m, didn't play a single game for them and wanted to leave)

Hector Bellerin - Free (Backup right back)

Transfers Out:

Janmaat - 25m Barcelona

Sorenson - 18.75m Atlanta

Ameobi - 6.5m Crystal Palace

Satka - 500k Blackburn

Aarons - 3.3m Norwich

Aarons just left and now my entire team hates me because they thought he was our brightest prospect...what the hell is wrong with them

Jose Leon and Andreas Christensen have been promoted to the first team as I have no backup centre backs, don't think they'll be good enough but might as well give them a chance

At least the Community Shield went well, 2-1 win against Man Utd

nufccrestpack.jpg

Newcastle United Season 2019/20 January Transfer Window.

Transfers Out.

Some big players were sold in January and the one that stands out is last seasons Golden Boot winner Romelu Lukaku. I didn't want to sell the big Belgian striker but Juventus had unsettled him and he only had one year left on his contract at the end of the season, so I had to sell him now and get a decent fee for him rather than lose him for nothing.

Ayoze Pérez, Will Hughes and Kurt Zouma were the other big name players that left due to them being unhappy with the lack of first team football at the club. We also let a few of the younsters leave on loan that would not qualify for being homegrown at the club or nation.

TransfersoutinJanuaryinseason6.jpg

Transfers In.

As you can see I got a bit carried away signing a lot of players in January, all of them bar Daniel Garmendia are for the future and will spend this season in the U21's. A lot of them might not make it at Newcastle United in the future but I should be able to get a good profit on them and the ones that do make it will save us a lot of money on what it would cost to buy them in the future. We also have a lot of youngsters coming to the club when they turn 18 years old.

Daniel Garmendia was signed as a replacement for Romelu Lukaku, he wasn't cheap at £45m but he looks like he can become a truely magnificent player for us. I tried to sign him in the 2015/16 season from Osasuna but he chose to sign for Barcelona and by the looks of it they have done a great job developing him. It looks like he has been tutored by Lionel Messi as he has some of his PPM's and he is one of his favourite personnel.

CZcACoX.png

Newcastle United's trophy room has been burgled today, with all contents being stolen. Police are currently looking for a man with a black and white carpet.

mSWbSz2.gif

Mid-Season 2014-2015

So, away we go! I will try to sign different players from the last save, but obviously I may at times break that rule. Here is the players that will be donning the black & white stripes...

AkV446B.pngM6UcVYd.pngEfTa74S.png3UyzXBS.pnge7O8cV9.png

Firs through the door is Borek Dockal, who comes in at AMR. Erik Sviatchenko joins to strengthen the defence. Gustavo Henrique will spend the season on loan at his former club, and will join properly next season. Humam Tariq has huge potential, and hopefully will fulfill it. Finally, Luka Jovic will join in January 2016, with massive potential also.

Just one player leaving permanently. Obertan leaves for Burnley, a player who simply would never be a first choice at the club. Other deals see youngsters go on loan for first team football.

9YxNu9l.png

A decent pre-season. 2 draws in Germany, but plenty of positives.

ycB42iI.png

Good start to the season. A little bit unsure first three games, with 2 draws and a defeat. Things quickly picked up, as we demolished Leicester, but then were unfortunate to lose to Manchester City. The a 11-game unbeaten run saw the side lift right into the top 6. The run ended with a defeat at home to Chelsea, followed by a win then a defeat v Spurs. We are quite good attack wise, only failing to register in two games.

M5SJyjz.png

Comfortable at the moment, sitting 7th. Within touching distance of the Champions League spots, but still too close to the mid-table sides. Currently the highest scoring side in the league, but still slightly leaky in defence. All very much still to play for.

CBgRsYy.png

Squad is playing very well so far. Current top scorer is on-loan forward Facundo Ferreyra. Borek Dockal leads the assist chart for the club. Both are top in their respective charts in the league.

Just one player leaving permanently. Obertan leaves for Burnley, a player who simply would never be a first choice at the club. Other deals see youngsters go on loan for first team football.

2nd season and he still still puts a match-winning performance for me every now and then. First season he didn't hide in the big games neither.

Maybe if you tell me the secret to get De Jong to get a 8.00 avg rating I may reveal you my crafty tactical set up to get Obertan to dominate the right wing.

I play Obertan as RM or AMR, winger/attack in a 442, 4141 or 433. No instructions other than to close down more and tackle harder in defense. I've said already, I'm really surprised such a relatively limited player gets such good performances.

Newcastle United's trophy room has been burgled today, with all contents being stolen. Police are currently looking for a man with a black and white carpet.

That made my day. I hope to be able to give the fans some silverware sometime soon. With our current performances I think I could get somewhere in one of the cups or Europa League. Fingers crossed.

@brussels nothing difficult to get De jong playing well

play him AMC as a Shadow Striker. Using a 4-2-3-1 formation, but whenever he plays he excels.

Glad you liked the opening line :lol:

I will tell Girondins Bourdeaux's manager, he'll appreciate the advice (De Jong is currently there and not doing well).

It was a point of frustration for me because he has very good mental attributes, and he is tall/strong. I was using him as complete forward in a 442 but he didn't seem to fit. I wasn't expecting goals but I was hoping for some threat, and instead he insisted of missing sitters and not accepting criticism for poor performances.

My newest headache is the goal. I start to believe Darlow isn't good enough as backup, whenever I played him he was nervous/frustrated. Seriously considering spending 5-10M on Timo Horn. On paper he looks awesome.

Stu, thanks for raining on my parade, and not suggesting alternatives. :mad:

You might be a fantastic manager, but you are a very poor scout :p

Horn looked good because he has decent attributes + model professional mentality, which means (if he performs) that I have the goal covered for 10+ yrs. But I have a really bad habit of making big expectations of transfers.

Talking about transfers and big expectations... Ayew has spent a lot of the season injured, and now that Sissoko and Romero are playing well I don't want to remove neither of them.

And he won't get a sniff of the wings because Cabella, Gouffran and Obertan are tearing teams apart. It's gonna be a long season for him.

Another one that is heading towards a long season is Ferreyra. Got injured, and at the same time Ayoze started scoring (lone striker, trequartista). Ings... the lad will be out on loan in january. He's 3rd choice but I believe he needs game time.

Cleverley is ok-ish but he's 4th choice and a very expensive one.

Darren Fletcher is doing ok, using him as a late sub when leading as CM/d or DM (anchor).

We are doing ok-ish in the BPL, we made it into the knockout stages of the EL, and we are in the Capital One 1/4 final.

8ad108e20b8156164b87159cb030a45f.png

14fb200c4edf4d4db31581456ba32f29.png

0c3395270011a7a5762dacb2fe5cdffe.png

c10871097cef635010017f168e906e98.png

Newcastle United 7th Season Review

HgFySeE.pngRvLMRen.png

So the 7th season in management we have won the Premier League, to be honest I didn't think it could be done. However with 1 goal separating myself and Chelsea, I doubt it'll ever be that close again. We were fantastic all season even with Vadala getting injured for parts throughout, however the loan of Gabriel Barbosa in January helped push everyone on.

The cups didn't really have much of a run this year, Juventus are a nightmare and I can't ever beat them I've played them 4 times and lost 3 of them. However losing to Norwich was abysmal, the players just didn't turn up... same with the City defeat in the Capital One Cup.

OwfvyMx.png

D91KEuQ.png

Our stand out player this year again was Ayoze Perez, he just seems to be able to do everything it's fantastic. However after another brilliant season Man City, Real Madrid and PSG are all sniffing. Especially around other players too like Balanta, Vadala and Butler (regen). I really don't want to lose these guys in the summer and I'll have to either bump up contracts which I hate doing or sweet talk them into staying.

t9nsSOf.png

You cant have a season review without Vadala, again leading the charts in key passes. I hope he doesn't get injured next season as he will be the main part of my attack, I will be looking to bring another CAM player into the side incase he does though. He also got Young PFA Player of the Year.

5 players got picked in FWA TOTY. Gedman (regen), Balanta, Butler (regen), Vadala and Ayoze.

ZVv1CYL.png

Archived