Beta Save Ideas?

Curious, what kind of saves do you guys play on the beta normally? I need a life, I know, but I've decided I'm going to have three big saves in FM15: Sunday League journeyman, dafuge challenge, and San Marino. Didn't get deep into a save in 14, so really looking forward to getting started.

With that being said... probably going to hold off on any of these with the beta. Want to get a feel, any useful edits (like the real name fix), learn the interface and so on.

Back to the original question, how do you guys play the beta? Jump right in to a save you plan to continue? Mess around with trial and error? Trying to get some ideas so I'm not staring at the menu screen when it comes out. :p

I prefer to test it out,

See what players I can sign for what (so how little will that club sell me their player, or how little can I sign him for)

I then like to run through some things that I wouldn't normally

So this includes international management - just to take a look at the new roles, and get a feel for the match engine (tweak the highlight settings)

I take a save in another continent, to see what startlets are available there (where my normal side's scouting is limited)

all things that when the full game finally drops (and I make my changes), then I can go through the preseason as quickly as possible, ensuring the best deals for the club (sign some random [balanta from FM14] for 11.5m straight up, or 9.5m + 2.5m international clause?)

NOTE: This is when the game was a demo released (for 6 months), I haven't had the game on beta before

Change of tactic for me this year - going straight in at the deep end and starting my heavily pre-planned journeyman. I can handle two weeks real time of bugs - they're not going to be season-breaking so just gonna roll with the punches. Its usually just menu usability issues after all. Realistically I may only finish pre-season by the time the full game comes out though!

I normally just take over a huge BPL team to get to grips with it or find the biggest unmanaged club in the game and just take over them but it always ends in failure (one time I was sacked from PSV by October 10th!). My only issue with that route is as soon as you do your journeyman go you're already an expert so I'm hoping for an organic learning curve from the off.

To me the beta's the time to just get used to the new functionality and UI within the game. So I'll tend to start out at a big club like Man Utd and just stick with them throughout the beta, then once the full release is done I'll start over with a sunday league journeyman game.

I've usually just ploughed straight in and onto my long term save in beta - at least for 13 and 14. For 15 I'm going to force myself to play a one-club save with Partick Thistle to get to know the game before I embark on anything long term. Should cover me for any big bugs that may mean I have to start again.

But then I fully expect that to go out of the window once it's actually here.

I normally just take over a huge BPL team to get to grips with it or find the biggest unmanaged club in the game and just take over them but it always ends in failure (one time I was sacked from PSV by October 10th!). My only issue with that route is as soon as you do your journeyman go you're already an expert so I'm hoping for an organic learning curve from the off.

That's pretty much my view of it too. I plan to start unemployed with the lowest reputation and see where it takes me. I'm not even going to touch a downloaded tactic this year (a rarity for me!).

Hopefully, it should make for a much more challenging (and rewarding) experience. :thup:

Archived