[FM2015] USA World Class MLS (8 levels)

Ok, I've added in Spokane Shadow and FC Tacoma as professional (level 3-4) teams since the shadow have been around for a long time and seem pretty solid in the league and FC Tacoma have been making noise about a NPSL team. http://goalwa.wordpress.com/2014/10/24/fc-tacoma-expected-to-add-two-adult-teams-to-city-of-destiny/ I had no idea what nickname to give them though, so I picked "The Yellows", which I'll probably change haha.

I added in Seattle Stars, Wenatchee, South Sound, Yakima United, Bellingham United and Vancouver Victory from this league. I left out WestSound because they were a bit less successful and less supported.

If there's anything I missed let me know! Thanks again for bringing the Evergreen league to my attention.

• Replies 730
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just added in a few teams from the San Francisco amateur league - El Farolito and Spartan-Olympic 1860 AC - the latter is a combination of Greek-America AC and Olympic which are some of the most successful and oldest amateur teams in country

Also added RWB Adria Chicago who beat Detroit City and Michigan Bucks in Lamar Hunt Cup this year

And Concordia from Cleveland who've been active in Lamar Hunt

And Legends FC from Dallas who've seen some LH success

What was the team name? There's still room for a new memphis team. I put the former Memphis Rogues in there and a fantasy team called Memphis Soul in there (which I think is loosely based off the Women's team Memphis Dynasty).

Ok, I've added in Spokane Shadow and FC Tacoma as professional (level 3-4) teams since the shadow have been around for a long time and seem pretty solid in the league and FC Tacoma have been making noise about a NPSL team. http://goalwa.wordpress.com/2014/10/24/fc-tacoma-expected-to-add-two-adult-teams-to-city-of-destiny/ I had no idea what nickname to give them though, so I picked "The Yellows", which I'll probably change haha.

I added in Seattle Stars, Wenatchee, South Sound, Yakima United, Bellingham United and Vancouver Victory from this league. I left out WestSound because they were a bit less successful and less supported.

If there's anything I missed let me know! Thanks again for bringing the Evergreen league to my attention.

You are a Legend! I couldn't be more excited about this! Cheers!

The oversight period is now closed, all suggestions for club names/stadiums will still be accepted but will now a lower priority because the next stage depends on keeping the names and stadiums just the way they are in the spreadsheet.

The next stage is this:

From now until this Sunday, November 16th, we need to transfer all the names and stadiums in the spreadsheet to the appropriate club in the editor.

In order to do this as coordinated as possible, please send me a private message and I'll give you the FULL details and a link to download the working file.

The quick details of the plan:

1) You must have the FM15 editor and a way to upload your work for download (a free account at mediafire maybe) or email it to me (email only to people who PM me). This requires some basic editor knowledge (how to filter search results, copying and pasting, a tolerance for tedium, etc)

2) You can work at your own pace as much or as little as you want from now until Midnight EST this Sunday, November 16th.

3) You can choose which clubs to edit, as long as you change the '0' to a '1' in the "stage" column (column A in spreadsheet) when you complete that club's information. This is to coordinate all the people working on the spreadsheet and make sure no efforts are duplicated.

Please PM me for the full details. The more help I get the sooner I can release version 0.8, our first FM15 version and I think, our first completely stable long-term game version.

Thanks everyone for your continued support!

This is gonna be a really daft question but any idea why this database wouldnt be compatible with the FIFA nations one here too?

Also, as Lampard is contracted to NYCFC in England but that team doesnt exist in your database, he is essentially contracted to a non team? Just to check on this, if not i'll move them into the lowest division, in my own copy only.

This is gonna be a really daft question but any idea why this database wouldnt be compatible with the FIFA nations one here too?

Also, as Lampard is contracted to NYCFC in England but that team doesnt exist in your database, he is essentially contracted to a non team? Just to check on this, if not i'll move them into the lowest division, in my own copy only.

I haven't tested this with any other files yet and I haven't looked at the FIFA nations one yet to know if it is. If the FIFA nations database just edits nations, then it SHOULD be. If it edits competitions and clubs, then I'm going to venture and guess no...

Also, if you're playing version 0.7, that's the last FM14 version I released. There hasn't been an FM15 version yet, but 0.8 will be released when I'm done with the current stage I'm working on with volunteers to add stadiums and names to all the custom clubs in the file (volunteers still being accepted!).

On the note about Lampard and NYCFC, I made the necessary changes to put the new NYCFC club that FM15 added into the game into my league system so it should appear correctly in the next 0.8 release.

I haven't tested this with any other files yet and I haven't looked at the FIFA nations one yet to know if it is. If the FIFA nations database just edits nations, then it SHOULD be. If it edits competitions and clubs, then I'm going to venture and guess no...

Also, if you're playing version 0.7, that's the last FM14 version I released. There hasn't been an FM15 version yet, but 0.8 will be released when I'm done with the current stage I'm working on with volunteers to add stadiums and names to all the custom clubs in the file (volunteers still being accepted!).

On the note about Lampard and NYCFC, I made the necessary changes to put the new NYCFC club that FM15 added into the game into my league system so it should appear correctly in the next 0.8 release.

Cheers, i'll look into the fifa one myself, no idea why its causing an issue with national leagues. screw it, if it dont work i'm keeping this.. NYCFC all the way from AAA to the top! :)

Lol, good enthusiasm!

As the US is only place i think that runs this. Have you had a lok at the All star Cup option in the competition type? Just wonder if its implementable in the UK or will it be tied to code already in the game?

I made an attempt to get the all-star cup in FM14 but didn't find anything that worked. It was definitely hard coded last year. Maybe I'll give some new editor features a shot in the near future when I finish up with some club editing and see if something works. I'm a huge fan of the all-star cups, would be really cool.

I made an attempt to get the all-star cup in FM14 but didn't find anything that worked. It was definitely hard coded last year. Maybe I'll give some new editor features a shot in the near future when I finish up with some club editing and see if something works. I'm a huge fan of the all-star cups, would be really cool.

It's possible to keep the All-Star game as long as you still want to use the MLS (i.e. competition id 40 and the MLS all-stars team). As it is hard-coded you can't change the date or the teams which take part, but it should still take the best players from the MLS division.

In the advanced rules, it should be easy. Just add the All-Stars in the USA->Competitions tab. It should work, you don't need to create anything for it.

In the basic editor it's more complicated. You'll need to get the xml version of the file which is tricky in FM15, but possible. Open the xml and find the entry for cup_comps. Add the following code:

<record>

<integer id="competition" value="109134"/>

<string id="use_game_rules" value="active_comp"/>

<string id="type" value="cup"/>

<list id="match_fixture_rules"/>

</record>

It's possible to keep the All-Star game as long as you still want to use the MLS (i.e. competition id 40 and the MLS all-stars team). As it is hard-coded you can't change the date or the teams which take part, but it should still take the best players from the MLS division.

Fascinating... I'll add this to my to-do list. If it works, you can bet I'll have it in the game!

Hello all,

I'm writing to you all now that every club in this file has it's proper name and stadium, and every stadium has it's GPS coordinates... why is this important? Because now the file works 100% the way it is supposed to and will run without breaking until you (never) get bored of it! That means it will work forever. I've only simulated it to 2050 in the editor, but I think that's far enough to prove it works.

I'm scheduling 0.8 to be released sometime next week because I'm going to pack it full of updates. I'm going to:

1) try to get the All-star match in there,

2) get the national stadium system to work (and have all the major cups rotate stadiums each year),

3) rename all the divisions and corresponding awards (to something a little more intuitive and with a common thread to make searching easier in the editor)

...among other (minor) things.

0.8 will be the first FM15 release and should be completely stable and possibly even playable with a long term save! That is, if you don't mind most of the clubs having the same kit colors and attendances and stuff like that.

Well, I'm coming up blank on how to get my cups to randomly choose a national or neutral +50,000 capacity stadium for the final. It seems like the whole rotating cups thing might be out of reach. I saw that you can add which cup you want every year in the "Grounds" under the 'competition' section, but I don't have the patience to add 100 years of stadiums to around 6 cups.

I did a search and it seems like the 'neutral' and 'national' stadium rules are buggy in previous versions anyway. Oh well.

I couldn't wait to share the news. Here is a photo of a working MLS All-Star game in my file. Note David Villa is on the team!!! The game is indeed hard-coded but it's perfect the way it is - it takes place on one of the last Wednesdays of July (which is during the new pre-season and doesn't conflict with any cups) and it rotates among a new European team every year. USA World Class MLS has a working All-Star Game! Version 0.8 is one step closer to completion...

2014-11-16_00001_zpsc80b1f4a.jpg

Download it here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/8kiuymtygt4mejc/USA_World_Class_MLS_0.8_w__NACL_D9FEE13B-0BF5-474E-8472-3F2986D7FD2D.fmf

2014-11-19_00001_zpsfc3df60e.jpg

0.8 is here!

- Fully compatible with FM15

- Fully stable and tested until 2050

- Major additions and changes, and minor ones too (see changelog below for details)

0.8 Changes

1) Made FM15 compatible

2) All-Star Game added

3) Every club has a name and a stadium

4) Final venue stadiums for major cups set

5) Amateur league reworked to improve long term save playability and match scheduling

6) Relaxed limits on foreign loans for Citigroup and Fedex leagues (Leagues 3-4)

7) Names and structure reworked - List of new division name scheme listed below.

8) Changed retirement dates of Landon Donovan and Thierry Henry to June 2015. Please let me know who else is retiring if you know!

New Pyramid Scheme

1) Verizon Major League Soccer Premier League - MLS Premier League - MLS - Level 1

2) Xbox Major League Soccer National League - MLS National League - MLN - Level 2

3) Citigroup Major League Soccer League 1 - MLS League 1 - L1 - Level 3

4) FedEx Major League Soccer League 2 - MLS League 2 - L2 - Level 4

5) Subway Minor League Soccer AAA League - MiLS AAA League - 3A - Level 5

6) Subway Minor League Soccer AA League - MiLS AA League - 2A - Level 6

7) Subway Minor League Soccer A1 League - MiLS A1 League - A1 - Level 7

8) USASA League Amateur Association - USASA - USASA - Level 8

Download it here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/8kiuymtygt4mejc/USA_World_Class_MLS_0.8_w__NACL_D9FEE13B-0BF5-474E-8472-3F2986D7FD2D.fmf

EDIT: Fabulous_FILA - I figured out the problem. I had an old link still up from version 0.7. I figured this out because in your picture it shows that the game is asking for teams from the OLD conferences I had in there. The new version has NEW conference names. All the links are now updated with version 0.8 =) Sorry about that.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/8kiuymtygt4mejc/USA_World_Class_MLS_0.8_w__NACL_D9FEE13B-0BF5-474E-8472-3F2986D7FD2D.fmf

No problem, glad I can help.

I downloaded these files from FM Scout, here are the links.

Italian lower leagues: http://www.fmscout.com/a-italy-lower-leagues-fm15.html

Czech lower leagues: http://www.fmscout.com/a-czech-update-with-lower-leagues-fm15.html

These 2 gave me the message I posted earlier.

Luckily Claassens files work :)

That would be a shame if they wouldn't work.

Yeah, the first 4 levels are fine. It's been tested and made to work with every level unloaded EXCEPT level 2 - you must have level 2 (the Xbox National League) loaded at the very least just because there's no other way for the Premier league's relegation playoff to work right (the east/west teams will be seriously mixed up), but I've had my eye on a solution for this that I haven't tried yet so if this changes I'll let everyone know.

Yeah, the first 4 levels are fine. It's been tested and made to work with every level unloaded EXCEPT level 2 - you must have level 2 (the Xbox National League) loaded at the very least just because there's no other way for the Premier league's relegation playoff to work right (the east/west teams will be seriously mixed up), but I've had my eye on a solution for this that I haven't tried yet so if this changes I'll let everyone know.

Thanks for replying. Good to know that as my comp not that powerful to run all 8 levels. Thanks going to play this now.

I started a save in the lowest level - USASA Northeastern Conference with the Harlem Shuffle. My team only had replacement players. It was easy to sign players, as an amateur club we had no salary negotiations.

My opponents, for both friendlies and league matches, did not sign many, or any players at all. As you can see here, this team has only signed three players:

cGHBxt1.jpg

When I tried to scout my opposition, most of the players would have no attributes.

BvWf52E.jpg

Why haven't the teams signed enough players?

First question - need a quick way to find all the MLS players who are retiring so I can change their retirement dates from January to June for this file. I already have Thiery Henry and Landon Donovan changes. Who am I missing?

Second Question - I read this article about the New York Red Bulls

http://www.si.com/soccer/planet-futbol/2014/10/01/thierry-henry-new-york-red-bulls-mls-premier-league-uefa-concussions

It got me thinking about replacing the club. With competition in NYC from NYCFC, people are drawn away from the soulless Red Bulls branded team and toward a new team with a burgeoning history. With global sales down, Red Bull look for a buyer of this club and one comes forward, renaming the team...?

I frankly was never a big fan of the Red Bull branding and feel that in a fantasy league such as this, it's perfectly acceptable make a team more appealing. Any ideas what to change this team to? Back to the Metrostars? New York United SC (from PCGD)? Keep it as is? Please share your thoughts.

I don't know of any quick way of finding retiring players. MLS hid the sale of a prospect for months for no reason. They are not good at transparency.

The original name of NYRB was "New York/New Jersey Metrostars". If you want to avoid the whole New York/New Jersey point of contention, you could just name the club Metrostars.

I don't know of any quick way of finding retiring players. MLS hid the sale of a prospect for months for no reason. They are not good at transparency.

The original name of NYRB was "New York/New Jersey Metrostars". If you want to avoid the whole New York/New Jersey point of contention, you could just name the club Metrostars.

Agree with you on both points about the MLS and avoiding a name like New York/New Jersey...

Whatever team it is, I would like it to reflect a market the same way English teams do - small geographic area, large fanbase. Especially with New York City, the possibilities for having a team based off a borough are appealing.

I'm just thinking aloud at this point, but you have New York Cosmos whose fanbase is mostly queens/long Island. You have the new NYCFC owned by Manchester City which has a stadium in the Bronx, and you have NYRB which is more of a New Jersey team like the Metrostars were.

What if Manchester United bought the team and named it New York City United? Based it in the Bronx or Statin Island, kept the red color, had a red vs. blue rivalry with NYCFC?

EDIT:

Still throwing out ideas here:

- New York United (Owned by Manchester United)

- Brooklyn United (see: Brooklyn Nets, the NBA team from New Jersey that moved to Brooklyn (kind of how NYRB are from New Jersey) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brooklyn_Nets)

- New York City Metrostars (I'm adding the "City" in here. Based in Statin Island, still appealing to Metro area, clearer focus on NYC than the past)

- NYC Mets United (if the Yankees half own NYCFC with ManCity, this would be the NY Mets/Man-United natural partnership)

- Metro FC

More reading on both sides of the issue:

http://www.reddit.com/r/MLS/comments/2748a0/does_mls_realize_how_detrimental_the_red_bulls/

I don't want to let my personal feelings about the New York Red Bulls name upset people who might feel strongly about keeping the name. If I can find a way to hold a vote on whether or not to change this name, I will. I stand on the side of changing it, but if that ruins the experience for some people it wouldn't be worth it.

EDIT:

I took down the link to the poll because there are some privacy concerns (it shows on a map where people voted from) and also you can vote multiple times and skew the results I found out.

So, should the NYRB name be changed?

Are you in favor of keeping the NYRB name?

Please discuss.

Or don't - just vote if that's easier for you. Vote NYRB YES to keep the name, NYRB NO to change the name. I'll count all votes until 11pm on THURSDAY, Nov 21st.

And also, has anyone seen polls conducted using a widget from the board before?

NYRB NO

It's too bad that Manchester City chose NYCFC as a name, because I liked the name FCNY (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/F.C._New_York), which was a NPSL team that folded in 2013. Also disappointing is that FC Gotham is the name of an upscale sports bar in the Meatpacking District.

I would rather not have "United" in a NY team name. Manchester City has been rightly criticized for their tone deaf branding in NY, we don't need to recreate the Manchester derby in NY. My dream would be for a NY based ownership team to build a stadium on the west side of Manhattan. There were plans for the NY Jets to build a football stadium there, but the costs were too high.

Also disappointing is that FC Gotham is the name of an upscale sports bar in the Meatpacking District.

That name would be so awesome. Doesn't mean we can't use it, or just Gotham, like Chelsea or Arsenal. Full name would be Gotham F.C.

And you're talking about West Side Stadium?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/West_Side_Stadium

Oh man, I want to make this so bad. I just want to know what people's general feelings are about retiring the New York Red Bulls and creating a new team. I would include the New York Red Bulls and the Metrostars in this team's history, of course, if I did this.

Remember everyone to vote NYRB YES to keep the team and NYRB NO to change it here in the forum! Voting closes 11pm EST this Thursday

I'm not going to say the name is ideal, but I reckon you should just leave it because you're going to tons of alternative naming suggestions. If someone really wants to change it, they can use the editor to do it themselves.

That's a fair point Uncle Sam. It'd be fairly easy for someone to simply duplicate the NYRB, change the name, stadium, etc. (and I'd release a short guide how to do so for this file).

So that's one vote for changing, one vote for keeping it as is and letting people change it themselves (which is a very practical point and would save me the work).

I'm just curious Uncle Sam, would you change it in your personal game and if so, what name(s) would you choose? New York United, Gotham FC, Metro FC (or some variation of Metro and Metro stars), Brooklyn, or a different one?

My vote would be to keep all MLS team names as is.

That's two votes for keeping MLS team names as is. Would people be open to a release of different versions of this file? One "clean" version with MLS team names untouched and one where some MLS teams are changed? How do people feel about the New England Revolution changed to Boston Revolution and Colorado Rapids changed Denver Rapids like I did in 0.8? Should I change them back in the "clean" version?

Archived