Reckless Tackles during Friendlies

Why do players make such tackles during friendlies? The point of friendlies is experimenting and, before the World Cup, fine-tuning the plans you have in mind and executions of them on the field.

If you want to get the ball and unintentionally kick your opponent's leg, fine. It happens every day. But why would you run and slide-tackle to get the ball? :rolleyes: The display of grit can wait until the World Cup.

Agree, but from you I would expect a harsher attitude ^^ Aren't hard tackles going to happen at the WC? What's the point of practicing without live ammo? Sign of a winning attitude surely?

Heh, Gio did not say that. Some ridiculous tackles in the friendlies so far were ones that you'd expect in the last minute of a WC match, but not needed in a friendly. Guess some players are simply that dirty or that dumb.

Heh, Gio did not say that. Some ridiculous tackles in the friendlies so far were ones that you'd expect in the last minute of a WC match, but not needed in a friendly. Guess some players are simply that dirty or that dumb.

You can't just say you shouldn't be slide tackling in a friendly though. Should surely be used to get up to the pace of a competitive game.

Players always want to impress and to be seen as making the greatest effort possible, especially when they are not guaranteed a place in the team.

This. Can't believe it actually needs spelling out.

It's a game of football. Even in friendlies no one is thinking 'oh forget the tackling'. There shouldn't be reckless tackles in competitive games either. No one goes onto the pitch saying 'I'm gonna be reckless today, yay'

I know he gets a lot of hate for being utterly brilliant, but that still doesn't make him a free for all target for frustrated lesser players ^^

Archived