Is this mode trying to make me spend money?

Just started up a new season, both on the Vita model of the game.

First time I started as Liverpool, by the end of preseason I had all of these out for 6 weeks or more.... Suarez/Sturridge/Gerrard/Cissohko/Mignolet/Agger/Skrtel.

Started again as my team Brighton and by the end of preseason I have the following, all for again, 6 weeks or more... Ulloa/Stephens/Buckley/March/Chicksen/Bruno/Orlandi.

All of which are as important as those pool players are to my BHA side.

Every time one gets injured, it has that *buy magic sponge now* icon.... :thdn:

• Administrators

Injuries don't work any differently in FMC, Magic Sponge allows you a way to reverse the injury if one happens. I'd suggest looking at your training and how much you're playing this players to reduce on fatigue and possible injuries in future.

Injuries don't work any differently in FMC, Magic Sponge allows you a way to reverse the injury if one happens. I'd suggest looking at your training and how much you're playing this players to reduce on fatigue and possible injuries in future.

So it works now? That is contrary to the two times I tried it and it did nothing...

• 2 weeks later...

After several different saves on FMC as well as a few on the full game, there is no way, despite what is said on these forums, that injuries work the same. Within weeks of starting the game, all 4/5 key players pick up injuries in all saves. Convenient considering each time the option to purchase a magic sponge comes up each time this happens.

I understand the needs to make money, but come on SI, dont insult us.

So what are you trying to say? SI deliberately injures your players to make money?

I just started my save. I have only 2 players out injured. One a first teamer and the other a sub. I've had my training on very high fitness training in pre-season so I did risk picking up injuries.

The magic sponge button, although I'll never use it, is out of the way and doesn't interfere with me playing the game. It really isn't as bad as people make it out to be. If it was a pop-up I needed to close every time, then it'd be an issue.

• Administrators

The times when bad things happen are the times you remember.

It's not happening in every single game to the same amount of players. There is absolutely zero difference between the frequencies of injuries in FMC compared to FM, bearing in mind every single game is different.

Look at the players getting injured -> Are they injury prone?

Look at your fixture schedule -> Are you playing a lot of games in a short space of time?

Look at your team training -> What focus do you have set, and what intensity?

The button (it's a button, not a dialog flashing up and annoying you, or a redirect) on the news item is by design, it's not convenient, it's by design as that's where a user who might want to buy a Magic Sponge would probably expect to see the option. If you don't like it, ignore it. Post a suggestion in the wishlist thread if you'd like to turn them off and it will be considered, like all ideas.

There is not an increase in injuries because of a Magic Sponge, it's not a conspiracy. I've gone seasons upon seasons without any long term injuries (ie. 4+ months) with maybe a half dozen players out for a month or more during the season on occasion. Look at the above and there will be a factor in the injuries occurring which you can at least use to help decrease the occurrences over time.

Injuries are normal and they happen, in fact our data suggests that injuries are actually lower compared to real life. It's not an insult - it's a football management simulation.

While I agree things like the magic sponge are tacky and money grabbing I don't believe they altered anything to try and get you to buy them , that's some accusation and completely unfounded. I personally played 1 game on normal and then moved to classic as I preferred it, I had more injuries on normal. If I get a big injury I cheat and reload , I'm not ashamed to admit it :)

Archived