AM role for complete players

So, I have a regen who's pretty much the complete package (he's just a little 1 footed :() I want him to be the main man in my attack, and so I was wondering which AM role gives the following:

1. Most lateral movement, so he both drops deep to pick up the ball, but also attack the box or make forward runs when the wide playmaker has the ball, since he can both create and score.

2. Doesn't roam wide too much, since I already have 2 players out wide on each flank, not to mention a CF-S up front, who's bound to roam around a bit already.

3. Is allowed the creative freedom to do whatever he wants, since he's the triple threat, dribbling, passing, scoring.

4. Can adjust his PI so he's also part of the pressing game.

Cheers

We need to understand the rest of your formation as well. Are you playing a 4-2-3-1 deep with two DM's and a AMR and AML? Or two MC's?

What roles have you given your wingers? Are they pure wingers or do they cut inside and you have overlapping fullbacks? What roles are the two central midfielders? Do they just sit back or does one bomb forward?

My formation is the following:

4-1-3-1-1

DL: WB (A)

DR: FB (S) "Hold Position"

DMCL: DM (D)

MCR: B2B (S)

ML: WM (A) "Play Narrow" "Cut Inside"

MR: WM (A) "Play Wider" "Run Wide"

AM: ?

ST: CF (S)

Basically, The ML play as an inside forward, leaving space out wide for the left WB to push forward. The MR play as a winger, stretching their defense, leaving space for the B2B to push forward. The DR stays back to cover for the B2B.

What I want from the AM, is someone who makes a lot of "y-axis" movement (both dropping deep, since there are no creators in down the middle, and also pushing forward into scoring positions.) I also want the AM to be gien the creative freedom to dribble, passing, and shoot. Lastly, I also want him to be part of the high pressing game. The latter, is why I don't think Treq will work. I'm thinking AM (A) but would be drop deep at all, or would he be too aggressive?

I have tried various am roles in my 4-2-3-1 with 4 up front. I have tried T(A), AP(S), AM(S), AM(A), ENG(A). So far the AP(A) seems to work for me. I wanted him to be a creator but he is more of a scorer now. Had bad experiences with AM and haven't tried the other roles.

That sounds interesting. AP (A) would definitely be the creator and dribbler I'm looking for, just wasn't sure if he push forward often enough. I should give it a shot. It's basically between AP (A) and Enganche right now. I might just give both a run out, and see how it goes.

IMO go for AP-A with roaming and move into channels instructions. Then you can teach your player "comes deep", "runs with ball through center", "tries killer balls often" and "places shots". What fluidity are you using?

I like the enganche role myself..playing with real madrid isco was my top scorer for 6 seasons playing this role as he ghosts into the box unmarked..although i played without a striker so he had all the space in front to get into good positions. not played with a striker now for quite a while so not sure how it would play behind one but i assume a roaming cf would open the center backs pretty well.

Archived