u21 and u18 managers not using the starting line up i set

as the title sais i'm having a problem with my youth team managers not using the starting line-ups i set for the youth teams, this results in that the players i wish to develop/give match fitness doesnt get game time. does anyone know how i can fix this?

Thanks in advance!

as the title sais i'm having a problem with my youth team managers not using the starting line-ups i set for the youth teams, this results in that the players i wish to develop/give match fitness doesnt get game time. does anyone know how i can fix this?

Thanks in advance!

Afaik, you cannot select the lineup for U21/18 matches if you have a coach taking control of matches for you.

You 'could' set any players you don't want playing in the youth teams as unavailable for those matches, or you could loan them out (to affiliates if necessary). However, my recommendation would be, if you don't want these players even playing in your youth teams, then why are they at your club? Just release them and free up your resources for someone you DO want playing.

You 'could' set any players you don't want playing in the youth teams as unavailable for those matches, or you could loan them out (to affiliates if necessary). However, my recommendation would be, if you don't want these players even playing in your youth teams, then why are they at your club? Just release them and free up your resources for someone you DO want playing.

The problem is that your youth teams will need some depth in order to do well in their respective leagues. I like my youth teams to win their leagues, where possible.

So if you want the players rotated instead of starting, you could set them to a maximum of 45 minutes game time perhaps? The manager might just take them off at half time instead, but you may find them only being used as subs?

Or you could pick the teams before U-18/U-21 games (based on condition and so forth) then set the rest as unavailable. Then after the game, make them all available again?

However, since OP states the players aren't getting game time, this suggests that he has too much depth since if it was purely rotation, then the players should be getting some decent game time.

Archived